Semper's Heroes Answer the Call

WarriorFish

Congratulations WarriorFishsmile.png That was a very thorough battle report and I enjoined reading it along with the battlefield photos. It seemed like a great fight in an interesting scenario. Captain Sempers Heros delivering a devastating blow against traitors. I'm certain the Emperor is smiling on his golden throne.

Turn 4

Traitor turn: surging over the hill they gun down the left soldier, but Sviar holds firm against all odds with lasrifle fire bouncing off his carapace armour!

Heroes turn: with just one casualty away from break tests Sviar is ordered back onboard and Ruby backs off, all guns blazing.

The Emperor protectssmile.png

I will definitely run the Heroes again, but I'll come back with a Platoon list later too. I'd welcome other suggestions too - or better yet see others get some Kill Team in msn-wink.gif How many games have you got in Bonzi, could you tell us more about the lists you've run?

I played about seven games in a local league which banned the use of vehicles. I ran Scions and it was tough because of Scion point values and kill team limits. I had to take two squads, but in kill teams the tax Scions pay for their sergeants is a liability as they are ineffective in CC, but they have no options for longer range guns. It also doesn't help that kill teams negates Deep Strike so you are paying for rules on the model that you can't use. Move through cover on all models was very handy.

Scion Sarg: bolt pistol, ccw (Leader)

Scion: volley gun (relentless)

Scion: volley gun (split fire)

Scion:

Scion:

Scion:

Scion Sarg: bolt pistol, ccw

Scion: flamer (infiltrate)

Scion:

Scion:

Scion:

Scion

If I were to play again I would go AM and my list would be more like:

Vetrans unit 1: (forward sentries) 88pts

Vet Sarg: bolter (leader)

Vet: grenade launcher

Vet: sniper rifle

x5 Vets: lasguns

x1 heavy bolter (split fire)

Veterans unit 2 (grenadiers) 111pts

Vet Sarg: bolter

vet: plasma gun (FnP)

vet: plasma gun (ignores cover)

x5 Vets: lasguns

x1 mortar

197pts

This brings a good number of bodies, half cannon fodder and the other half with specialized weapons. The unit is also split between guys who can camp and make use of cover and those with better armor who can brave open ground to attack and take objectives. The sergeants can both pull their own weight using bolters, while the sniper rifle, heavy bolter, and mortar give me ranged options. The mortar is especially nasty as it prevents the enemy from bunching up behind cover to protect vital units like frail leaders.

The Emperor protects indeed Sviar, that was likely a crucial point in the game - carapace proved invaluable as it fended off 6 or 7 wounds and saved me from break tests :tu:

Cool thanks for that Bonzi. It's a shame about Scions but you could always run them as carapace vets :) I like your Vet list, looks good especially with the mortar as I did see some bunching up around objectives in the other games. You could buy another sniper rifle with the spare points, it could do more good than a lasgun?

Archived