Fantastic work, he fits right in with your Scions too! Especially the head, that's very good :) The base is also very good, just the right amount of extra bits so it works well. Great stuff Vash :D

Thanks. I listened to you and remade the base.

Damn, I've ran out of Likes! That Knight looks damn good in that colour scheme, and your Scions are looking excellent, too!

Thanks mate. Now go get some more likes :)

Need a group / army pic :D

I'll do that once the last unit of scions are done.

Then one of the Combined Arms Detachments is done. Well minus the Valkyrie...

I did set all the scions up in front of the knight last night. Nerdy stuff yes... But it looked nice in my opinion. I am happy where this army is heading.

My previous army, Eldar Iyanden, I was not to satisfied with. They are still not finished...

excellent work, very inspiring love the conversions

Thanks a lot. 

The conversions are subtle and not advanced at all. But its the smal things that sometimes brings out the most. 

But... I had to buy some extra boxes to get my smal conversions going. Needed around 25 cadian torsos... so 3 command and 1 regular cadian unit later I had the torsos and some extra bits for minor alternations. 

*edit

Anyone who has suggestions on what I should do with the second meltagun scion squad? 

Go for the same as the first, or something totally different?

I would like to have helmet on them, as they will deep strike in many missions. 

Helmets are cool, but you can mix it up if you want as the whole squad doesn't need to look identical smile.png

I am saving that idea for my veterans, so hold on ;)

Anyhow, I browsed through the net and found some inspiration. I'll be doing a "on the move" unit. One guy throwing a grenade, another using the coms to report their position and enemy in sight. The sergeant indicating a charge or tactical retreat. The meltagun guys... boring chaps, using their weapons.

Loving the work. The colour scheme works so well. Your rate of progress is pretty scary too. Go for more skull heads for your next melta squad, personal fav of mine.

Also apologies in advance I will be stealing your skull faceplate idea when I get round to painting my own scions (imitation is the sincerest form of flattery).

Thanks baz.

I did go for another skull unit. Just had to make it more dynamic or different to keep it interesting for you guys to see another identical unit.

Without revealing it with pictures, i have completed the unit assembly now.

Leader armed with the power maul, in his case just a normal close combat weapon, just a bit fancier with the skull on top of the stick :)

One coms guy, weapon holstered.

Grenade guy, about to throw a grenade, and also has his primary weapon holstered.

Meltwgun guys well... One is standing there like a baffoon and the other is trying to help out.

Oh, and steal away. I would love to see others results of skull helmets. I have things to learn when it comes to free hand.

So, again I am waiting for the Agrellan earth to dry... but its getting late and I have work tomorrow. But the unit will be done tomorrow, hopefully... I have a game after work too... so time might be an issue. 

I am pretty pleased with the meltagun scion unit so far. The skulls on the helmets turned out better this time around. 

Tried out a new way to spray the models. Used black first (skipped that step before) and the followed up with space wolves grey from an 45 degree angle, and finally white straight from above. 

This gave me some much wanted results. But since this is the only unit sprayed in this way, I fear that it might differ to much from the other Scions units. I'll ave to see once the high lights are on and the bases are completed. 

The effect I got is a much more shaded model at places where shadows might occur. 

But, here comes a question. Now the Scions are completed. And a group shot will be taken with the Imperial Knight. What should I go onto from here. The assassins/Field agents, the Astra Militarum units, or the Valkyrie and Avenger (helicopters conversion for GW kits)? 

I am leaning towards a Veteran unit. But for that I need a missile launcher... I am hoping though that my request out to the local community have taken effect and someone will show up with one tomorrow. 

Well then. The "last" scions unit is completed. Took some time as I had a game last night and some family duties during the week to attend too. 

But anyhow, here they are. 

They are a bit darker then the others as I used another technique when spraying. 

I am pretty happy with the grenade throwing scion, since there is no such arm in the Scions kit. So I had to combine the Cadians and Scions arms/hands to make it. No big thing, but a small detail not many will see. 

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/VashDime/40k/Astra%20Militarum/TempestusScionsmeltagun2.jpg

And of course a group shot of the completed models I have so far. 

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/VashDime/40k/Astra%20Militarum/TempestusScionsgroupshot.jpg

Now I am going to start working on one of the gunships. That might take some time. But... first I need to take some time off from the hobby and head into a simulator and keep my self updated with flying. 

Yes, that group shot is fantastic! Really shows off the great poses, excellent work Vash keep the Scions coming! They only look better as more gather together :P I'll be looking forward to the flyer when you get back to 40k :tu: I assume that only means time off from the hobbying and not B&Cing? :P

Soooo nice great stuff. Look forward to seeing some assassins added to your scions.

Thanks mate. Assassins/Field agents will come :)

But the vote is cast, and one gunship is coming up.

Wow, that group shot is awesome. Absolutely awesome.

Gunships next!

Thanks.

You asked for it, I obeyed :)

Yes, that group shot is fantastic! Really shows off the great poses, excellent work Vash keep the Scions coming! They only look better as more gather together tongue.png I'll be looking forward to the flyer when you get back to 40k thumbsup.gif I assume that only means time off from the hobbying and not B&Cing? tongue.png

Thanks WarriorFish. No no, I'll still be here commenting if I have something to say :)

Those are some very cool looking Scions! Love the torsoswap and the paint job! Keep up the great and very inspirational work!

And for the love of Big E - lets see that gunship!! biggrin.png

Thanks. Easy conversions does the job in most cases.

Stunning work! Very awesome indeed! We need a "Love This" button at the bottom!

Haha... love button :D

Anyhow, thanks mate.

On a different note. I have game tomorrow and I was suppose to use my Farsight Enclave for that battle, as it is fully painted. But my opponent requested or rather insisted on battling my AM force since he wanted to go up against the "skull" units.

So I'll be using the models form the group shot allied with Farsight enclave. Not going to be a good army as the synergy is all of the place. But I will get a chance to use my AM at least.

Archived