That sounds like good idea. 

Been over doing a bit last week. I'll look into some conversions. 

Loving this thread Vash, especially the kit bashing/conversions. Keeping a keen eye for ideas to ninja!

Thanks mate. I try to do what I can to make the miniatures look unique and different. 

Thanks all for the kind words. Having someone looking at my my work motivates me to complete my army faster. So thanks to you all.

The veterans are great. Very characterful.
At the rate you're working I'd expect to see mould lines everywhere, but there aren't!
It's irritating! biggrin.png

Mould lines are number one to to be removed before I paint. If the mould lines are gone my speed painting technique goes so much faster. Mould lines suck up all the shade and stops the free flow of the shade. So if anything, cleaning the model from mould lines actually saves me time ;)

My field Agents (officio Assassins) are done. I kept them in the same theme and quality, as I don't want some models to be "centre pieces". 

The short story behind them:

Ordo Xenos has direct control over Ceria (my guards home planet) and the radical xenos Inquisitors there are doing heavy experiments on highly trained soldiers. Using alien tech, and augmentations to improve the normal human into a killing machine. Only around 1 out of 50 survive the process and out of those who do survive, 9 out of 10 only live for around 3-5 years. 

Their enhancements are way beyond mere humans. They need a constant stream of stims and other chemicals to constantly maintain their abilities and to be kept alive. Their masks is where all the stims and chemicals enter their system, and no one has ever seen them taken of their masks. 

There are three paths so far that has been successfully trained. 

- The Lone Wolf (Vindicare)

- The Exterminator (Eversor)

- The Infiltrator (Calidus)

- The Predator (Culexus)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/VashDime/40k/Astra%20Militarum/assassins1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/VashDime/40k/Astra%20Militarum/Assassins2.jpg

Also I have a WIP picture of the Valkyrie Gunship. Had to add a black background to it... because the rotor blades disappeared with the white. So sorry for the low quality picture. I have also masked the heavy bolters coming out of the side doors. So its kinda blurry there. 

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v378/VashDime/40k/Astra%20Militarum/Valkyriegunshipwip.jpg

The Valkyrie looks good though i feel it deserves more rotor blades due to its size.

I'll try to fit it in, but it is hard. It will be to weak and fall of to often. 

I want more blades as you say, but practically I can't make it work at the moment. 

Yeah, the Pudgy Pigeon, (Storm Talon,) suits smaller rotors, but it's tough on the chunky Valkyrie chassis. Nice work though, it's hardly the first time a GW model has requested a suspension of disbelief! :)

The Assassins are looking excellent, and still recognisable which represents which Temple. Liking the way you integrated them into your overall look, I was debating a fairly drastic Vindicare conversion counts-as until someone offered me the OOP model for cheap. I especially like your Eversor, though!

Yeah, the Pudgy Pigeon, (Storm Talon,) suits smaller rotors, but it's tough on the chunky Valkyrie chassis. Nice work though, it's hardly the first time a GW model has requested a suspension of disbelief! smile.png

The Assassins are looking excellent, and still recognisable which represents which Temple. Liking the way you integrated them into your overall look, I was debating a fairly drastic Vindicare conversion counts-as until someone offered me the OOP model for cheap. I especially like your Eversor, though!

Thing is, these rotors are wider and longer. But, still... it needs two more to be realistic :) But then again... as you say GW models are not really realistic.

Thanks on the kind comment on the assassins. I love the Vindicare and Culexus original models, even the Eversor with some minor changes. But, I wanted to make something unique.

My Eversor, the one you liked the most, is the one that has the most thought behind it. Its not showing in the picture, but he has a needle pistol. Its actually the medic arm from the Scions box. So it has a saw attached too. This saw will count as his gauntlet that inflicts poison attacks. So... needle pistol and saw are poisonous. Adding them to the same system made sense to me.

Also chose to have him dual wield pistols, as I love dual wielding when it comes to games. But also because of his rules. "Fast shot" allows him to shoot twice with each pistol... actually 4 times with any pistol... as long its a maximum of 4 shots.

The valkyrie looks a bit like the mil-24 hind. That has 5 rotor blades and yours definitely look too small for the mass. I would go for 4 thicker blades.

But still impressive work ;)

Yeah, the Pudgy Pigeon, (Storm Talon,) suits smaller rotors, but it's tough on the chunky Valkyrie chassis. Nice work though, it's hardly the first time a GW model has requested a suspension of disbelief! smile.png

Thing is, these rotors are wider and longer. But, still... it needs two more to be realistic smile.png But then again... as you say GW models are not really realistic.

Thanks on the kind comment on the assassins. I love the Vindicare and Culexus original models, even the Eversor with some minor changes. But, I wanted to make something unique.

My Eversor, the one you liked the most, is the one that has the most thought behind it. Its not showing in the picture, but he has a needle pistol. Its actually the medic arm from the Scions box. So it has a saw attached too. This saw will count as his gauntlet that inflicts poison attacks. So... needle pistol and saw are poisonous. Adding them to the same system made sense to me.

Also chose to have him dual wield pistols, as I love dual wielding when it comes to games. But also because of his rules. "Fast shot" allows him to shoot twice with each pistol... actually 4 times with any pistol... as long its a maximum of 4 shots.

Nice details now that you mention it. I might keep something like that in mind for the Medic's kit, as I never had much use for it tbh!

Thing is, these rotors are wider and longer. But, still... it needs two more to be realistic smile.png But then again... as you say GW models are not really realistic.

Nice details now that you mention it. I might keep something like that in mind for the Medic's kit, as I never had much use for it tbh!

Yah do so :) The medic setup has so many things. A bag, needle pistol/saw. You only need one of those really. And I hate to think that the medic uses that crude saw on some one :)

I used to teach vehicle/aircraft recognition as a job msn-wink.gif

Ah great! Maybe I'll come over to you and be one of your students... I am currently looking for a job as a commercial pilot. But one of my biggest issues is aircraft recongnition.

I really like the assassins, a great choice of head! Valkyrie is looking quite meaty, good work as ever!

Thanks mate.

Not much is done to the Valkyrie really. Just slabbed the tail together, and shortened the wings.

Doesn't make it any less good for it tongue.png Sometimes less is more. Mostly more is more though such as more guns, more Guardsmen, more tanks...

Now thats true!

Well I tried to add more blades and saw a design flaw... I have placed the rotors to low... If I add some along the longitudal axis of the aircraft it will hit the tail/roof.

So It will be 2-bladed and unrealistic ;)

Also there is the case of transporting the darn thing.

You are a madman Vash. Save some for next years ETL lol!

Hmm ETL. I'll look into that. Not really sure what it is. But I am guessing its a challenge of sorts :)

And yes, I am a madman I guess :) But Ia not alone...

Archived