IA13: Dedicated Transport Dreadclaws, and More!

Lexington

I didn't have the Vraks books. I went to the new stuff page and have just purchased the limited ed IA13 along with the three Vraks books for eighty quid... wow. I think that is quite the deal.

It definitely is!

As I already own the Vraks books, I'll only order the new IA 13 though. The questiop is, whether I'll also treat myself to some nice FW resin. I'm torn between the Dreadclaw and the Decimator. What are people's opinions?

And for those in the know:

1. Is the Dreadclaw that's depicted in the book the old Chaos Dreadclaw or the new HH variant - or in other words: does it make sense to wait for a return of the old model?

2. What loadout would you guys recommend for the Decimator? I'm thinking either dual siege claws or dual butcher cannons.

1. I'm 90 percent sure it's going to be the horus heresy dreadclaw. Let you know when my book arrives.

2. Bs3 makes the decimator with butcher cannons a better armored but very expensive Forge fiend. Considering the decimator can deepstrike I'd take the Siege claws.

The dreadclaw if it's the same as the Heresy one doesn't have any scatter mitigation, if it hits an enemy unit, it mishaps. Without scatter mitigation I find the sudden appearance of drop pod Chaos Space Marine armies questionable.

OTOH the renegades stuff sounds brilliant

I JUST NOTICED THIS: In the video, pause at 0:32. THe DCCW has CHAIN FINGERS! NOT THAT SILLY ONE WE HAVE NOW! But a Proper looking Chain Fist. + its on a legit model with some touch up work done to it!

Why couldn't we have gotten this one instead of the one now that looks like the dread is perpetually flipping things off?!!??!

The dreadclaw if it's the same as the Heresy one doesn't have any scatter mitigation, if it hits an enemy unit, it mishaps. Without scatter mitigation I find the sudden appearance of drop pod Chaos Space Marine armies questionable.

I was thinking about that, but since it's not immobile, it can deep strike then flat out 18"... so as long as you land within 18" of where you want to be, you'll be where you want (not including the next turn moving 6" and disembarking 6" before you charge).

It's a little steep at 100 points, but since it's landing in hover mode, it's actually protecting your units from interceptor fire, which is a big problem facing marine drop pods, additionally, it has a pretty nasty attack where it lands, so if it doesn't get shot down, it can just start hovering around blasting infantry.

I was thinking about that, but since it's not immobile, it can deep strike then flat out 18"... so as long as you land within 18" of where you want to be, you'll be where you want (not including the next turn moving 6" and disembarking 6" before you charge).

It's a little steep at 100 points, but since it's landing in hover mode, it's actually protecting your units from interceptor fire, which is a big problem facing marine drop pods, additionally, it has a pretty nasty attack where it lands, so if it doesn't get shot down, it can just start hovering around blasting infantry.

What's the difference between the Dreadclaw and the Assault Claw? What weapons do they have?

I assume you're talking about the Dreadclaw Drop Pod and the Kharybdis Assault Claw? If thats the case, the Assault Claw has a transport capacity of 20 and a lot more Toys. Also generally tougher.

I didn't have the Vraks books. I went to the new stuff page and have just purchased the limited ed IA13 along with the three Vraks books for eighty quid... wow. I think that is quite the deal.

It definitely is!

As I already own the Vraks books, I'll only order the new IA 13 though. The questiop is, whether I'll also treat myself to some nice FW resin. I'm torn between the Dreadclaw and the Decimator. What are people's opinions?

And for those in the know:

1. Is the Dreadclaw that's depicted in the book the old Chaos Dreadclaw or the new HH variant - or in other words: does it make sense to wait for a return of the old model?

2. What loadout would you guys recommend for the Decimator? I'm thinking either dual siege claws or dual butcher cannons.

Best take both! But if you have to choose, I'd take the dreadclaw. I wouldn't wait for the old model though, since I think the new one is much cooler! =)

Quick question: Right now, only the limited edition is up for order, right? Their will be an unlimited edition soon, won't there?

If the Dreadclaw costs almost as much as three loyalist pods, I'm not really seeing its utility either - how good is its burn attack, or whatever it's called?  The whole gimmick of it being able to fly around might help in Maelstrom missions, for snagging objectives and whatnot, but otherwise it sounds kind of overpriced.  (Especially if the payloads that can take it as a DT are as limited as initially indicated.)

Might get some Flakk for this but its a bit more efficient than PMing everyone who asks about it :\ Sorry Mods (if it is against the rules)

HB: Heat Blast

HB : when it DS's or later operating as a skimmer in hover, it may preform a heat blast attack. However, if you do, models cannot embark/disembark on the turn you use it.

HB(DS): Measure a radius of 3"+D3 horizontally outwards from the mail hull. All models hit suffer a S6 AP5, ignores cover hit and vehicles are hit on their weakest armor.

HB(fire sweep) : if player wishes, any unit the model passes directly over suffers D6 S5 AP5, ignores cover hit. Same as above for vehicles. Counts as a flamer attack. Roll a D6 on a 1 the vehicle itself suffers a Pen. hit.

Problem is without inertial Guidance that attack is just too damned risky to utilise effectively, so it's a useless gimmick.

No, not for me. It shall be fortifications, Rapiers, Ordinance  and hordes of slave soldiers and mutants dying to the whims of those Iron Warriors marching resolutely behind them. 3 million casualties to take a single objective? Mission achieved, so What Casualties?

This is the most enthusiastic Chaos thread I've seen in a very long time.

You should stop by more often. Should have seen us during the ETL. Or checked out the Legion/Warband topics. Keep an eye out for Call of Chaos too ;)

The kharybdis is essentially a Flying LR Spartan.

The Caestus Assault Ram is a Flying LR Phobos (lascannon one)

Imo, that is. Though the Caestus is a unique case since bulky and non bulky models take the same space in it at 10 capacity. Primarchs for example would take 3 but terminators 1.

Archived