IA13: Dedicated Transport Dreadclaws, and More!

Lexington

it says transport capacity 10/20 models or can be used to transport a single (any of the dread variants or helbrute or rapier).

I don't know about the Charybdis...the thing costs more than a Land Raider and it is so damn big...but unlike the imperial variants, chaos doesn't get inertial guidance systems, so you either drop in front of all the guns or you're bound to mishap.

I see more potential in all those S8 AP3 ignoring cover (large) blasts we get now...everything else is pretty much just same old, same old...

Ok so 10/20 models?

Guess I can put 5 termies in a dreadclaw...thats cool.

And the lack of intertial doesn't matter as its not an immobile flier, so you drop your side T1 (hidden as best you can) then T2 you zoom over to their side and unload

Kharybdis has Inertial Guidance and Drop Pod Assault.

Drop Turn 1 into Hover.

Disembark 20 MEQ or 10 TEQ.

Jink if fired on.

Fly around and use Heat Blast / Fire Sweep (D6 Str 5 Ignores Cover) and 5 Storm Launchers (Str 6 Hvy 2 Twin-Linked Pinning) on Turn 2.

I mostly play an IW/Admech gunline with fortifications in cityfight terrain...where there is room for a charybdis, it is in plain sight (the thing is huge).

what does a big box with neglectible guns and medium armor contribute that deep striking the termies on their own and spending those points on 7-8 more TDA bodies doesn't?

Better positioning? I think out of sight is always the better position and rather get more barrage artillery...

It looks cool, though.

And, being an Assault Vehicle, if you fancy staying in doors because of loadsadakka being outside, you can do so on arrival. That way, your opponent has to go through the Drop Pod first before squishing up the Terminators.

And it can get them precisely where you want them. Interital Guidance thing would have been nice, but when you can effectively course correct by up to 18" (or whatever a hover flyer moves - I've never used one!) it's far from essential.

I have a question:

In the R&H list, Arvus lighters are a fast attack option 1-3 per slot with the orbital workhorse rule which states they're bought as 1 squadron but operate independently and don't follow the squadron rules.

Now on the opposite page, renegade Valkyrie fast attack option, 1-3 per slot, but no rule to say they can operate independently? So do they have to follow the squadron rules?

Yes

I have a question:

In the R&H list, Arvus lighters are a fast attack option 1-3 per slot with the orbital workhorse rule which states they're bought as 1 squadron but operate independently and don't follow the squadron rules.

Now on the opposite page, renegade Valkyrie fast attack option, 1-3 per slot, but no rule to say they can operate independently? So do they have to follow the squadron rules?

what does a big box with neglectible guns and medium armor contribute that deep striking the termies on their own and spending those points on 7-8 more TDA bodies doesn't?

A turn 2 charge with frag grenades

why the hurry? *reloads siege bombard* ;D

good that there is something for everybody in that book!

another question: did the reaver/warhound titans change compared to IA apoc 2nd ed.?

Don't think I've got the IA Apoc 2nd Ed book....

But, you can certainly dedicate Titans to a God - which I suspect is new?

Same then as in Apoc. No surprise, a lot of stuff didn't change much actually. 

Most "new" CSM things come straight from the 30k Legion list anyway. Renegade BBs is the real game changer.

sadly, there are only a few things that can't be accurately described as "loyalist, but worse" =/

Auloth the Primordial Iterator

Vehicle and Supes - Fear, all weapons gain Pinning. All friendly units within 12" have the Fear and FnP special rules (also counts as Daemonic Possession as per CSM book)

A 24" FnP bubble ?

I'm hoping I can give that to my defiler, but if I have to I'll drop that thing like a sack of bricks and start running a raider

Vehicle and Supes - Fear, all weapons gain Pinning. All friendly units within 12" have the Fear and FnP special rules (also counts as Daemonic Possession as per CSM book)

A 24" FnP bubble ?

I'm hoping I can give that to my defiler, but if I have to I'll drop that thing like a sack of bricks and start running a raider

Problem is that the buff only applies to units with the Icon of Wrath, so to get any use of it you need to shell out the points both for the MoK and Icons for them, meaning you need to put it on a vehicle that moves forward with your Khorne horde, meaning your (with the upgrade) very expensive vehicle will probably not be alive past turn 2 or 3.

But it should definitely please WE players all over, since it makes advancing on foot a bit more viable. :)

A 24" FnP bubble ?

Problem is that the buff only applies to units with the Icon of Wrath, so to get any use of it you need to shell out the points both for the MoK and Icons for them, meaning you need to put it on a vehicle that moves forward with your Khorne horde, meaning your (with the upgrade) very expensive vehicle will probably not be alive past turn 2 or 3.

Icon of Wrath? So a WE-army? :)

Archived