IA13: Dedicated Transport Dreadclaws, and More!

Lexington

Does anyone know for sure if there will be a non-limited edition version of this book?  I looked on Forge World's website but couldn't find anything definitively answering the question.  I really want to get this book, but I'm not sure I can afford the hefty pricetag for the collector's edition.  If the only thing different between the limited edition and a regular edition would be the lack of a slip cover and the lack of the poster, that might be more in my price range. So, does anyone know for sure?  Thanks.

v/r

--Vorenus

winners:

S8(!) AP3 ordinance 1 large blast barrage ignore cover pinning colossus bombards (in squadrons of 3) for less than a bare-bones 1k sons squad.

~40% cheaper spawn for tzeentch/zombies for nurgle

blastmaster/warpamp sonic dread with rending + double fire rate (bit pricy though)

loosers:

giant spawn >>HS, daemons only

no machine spirit

Wow, they're not Elites anymore? What about the Spine Beasts?

Does anyone know for sure if there will be a non-limited edition version of this book? I looked on Forge World's website but couldn't find anything definitively answering the question. I really want to get this book, but I'm not sure I can afford the hefty pricetag for the collector's edition. If the only thing different between the limited edition and a regular edition would be the lack of a slip cover and the lack of the poster, that might be more in my price range. So, does anyone know for sure? Thanks.

v/r

--Vorenus

I imagine there will be, they've had standard editions of all the past imperial armor books as far as I know, why make just one of them limited edition now. They are probably just waiting till the limited edition books have sold..a ploy that worked on me since I can't wait. happy.png

Gutted - ordered the special set - IA13 and the three Vraks books - on Tuesday. Just had an email to say they can't honour it because they didn't have enough stock of Vraks 2 and 3. They're sending me the other two books and only charging me for IA13.

Should have known such a good deal was going to be too good to be true one way or another!

The four daemons are in the book, although I don't have the old stats to compare them to. None of them struck me as being particularly good I'm afraid, I'd take a Fellblade over any of them personally. The daemons are LoWs for CD and Renegades with a demagogue psyker. The psyker is a pricey upgrade however, and doesn't have amazing lores for a S3, T3 dude.

Gutted - ordered the special set - IA13 and the three Vraks books - on Tuesday. Just had an email to say they can't honour it because they didn't have enough stock of Vraks 2 and 3. They're sending me the other two books and only charging me for IA13.

Should have known such a good deal was going to be too good to be true one way or another!

Either way sounds like a pretty good deal to me. 

Pretty sure you can get by not having the IG codex if you want to use the R&H list (which I'm certainly looking forward to doing). 

Either way sounds like a pretty good deal to me. 

Pretty sure you can get by not having the IG codex if you want to use the R&H list (which I'm certainly looking forward to doing).

Agree it's a good deal - you know what it's like though, when you're looking forward to something and then it changes! :-)

Can anyone with the book tell me which walkers/Daemon Engines have an AV 13+?  I really want to use some of those Daemon Engines, but my AV12 ones from the Chaos Space Marines Codex die too easily (except my Maulerfiends, they have never let me down!), and I don't want to ally in Daemons just to take a Soul Grinder.  I am particularly interested in the Greater Brass Scorpion if that has AV13+.  Thanks!

Can anyone with the book tell me which walkers/Daemon Engines have an AV 13+?  I really want to use some of those Daemon Engines, but my AV12 ones from the Chaos Space Marines Codex die too easily (except my Maulerfiends, they have never let me down!), and I don't want to ally in Daemons just to take a Soul Grinder.  I am particularly interested in the Greater Brass Scorpion if that has AV13+.  Thanks!

Contemptors (also has 4++ vs Glancing, 6++ vs Pen), Decimators, Blood Slaughterer, Plague Hulk - AV13

Greater Brass Scorpion, Reaver, Warhound - AV14

Thanks, Kilofix. I am seriously considering buying this and not waiting for the non-special edition...I can eat ramen noodles for the next 3 months, right?

thats what I'm doing come monday

Luxury!. If you can afford the flavoured ones, you haven't spent enough.

I'll be eating cardboard and unachievable goals myself.

Thanks, Kilofix. I am seriously considering buying this and not waiting for the non-special edition...I can eat ramen noodles for the next 3 months, right?

Of course, warhammer>food. tongue.png

I can't imagine the non limited edition book will be all that much cheaper based on most IA book costs, and compared to some of the GW limited edition books it's actually not that bad so I just settled for limited. Plus you do get the cool sleeve cover.

I can see this book causing malnutrition and high expense output. Offset by an increase in extremely cool models.

Now then...

Please do not list any points values or points changes.

Do not take this as a wrist slap but merely a reminder.

Now please carry on, I'm starting to drool and count my pennies.

Archived