IA13: Dedicated Transport Dreadclaws, and More!

Lexington

Darn it people. I gave you people all day to order them, but they were still available when I checked this evening.

You owe me a hundred bucks. tongue.png

Care to explain?
Because we didn't buy them all he's bought one, whereas he was hoping for it to sell out before he got home from work?

Pretty much. I did manage to resist getting any plastic crack until I can make a mega order with a buddy near christmas.

Quick list of all the Spartan Options...

Can upgrade twin linked HBs to twin linked Heavy Flamers

Can exchange quad lascannons for Laser Destroyers (36", S9, AP1, Ordnance 1 Twin Linked)

Can upgrade to Frag Assault Launchers

Can upgrade to Armoured Ceramite (to make Blood Angels cry)

Can have one pintle mount. Choice of combi-bolter, havoc launcher, heavy flamer heavy bolter, multi-melta

Can take Daemonic Possession, Dirge Caster, Warpflame Gargoyles

Malefic Ammo for Heavy Bolters.

This is the most enthusiastic Chaos thread I've seen in a very long time.

You should stop by more often. Should have seen us during the ETL. Or checked out the Legion/Warband topics. Keep an eye out for Call of Chaos too ;)

I should clarify - I meant Chaos rules thread ;)

While dreadclaws are pricey i may end up buying a few loyalist pods and converting them biggrin.png

Waaaay ahead of you.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/849/rvub.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/32/rmvn.jpg

With my Chosen squad coming out!

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/27/lm5w.jpg

So I just finished reading my copy. The Heretics and Renegades list truly is 'Here, have the Guard codex at BS2, with extra bits!'.

I am probably going to use 90% of this book at one point or another. 10/10, would recommend to any Chaos player.

Dragonlover

Really cool, and finally my LatD can come out of retirement! Though it seems like I will need to leave my Sentinels on the shelf. Someone at FW hates Sentinels something fierce, their rules in this book makes them unplayable. 

I'm disappointed in a few other things though, first of all that they didn't fix the Decimator, especially the Conversion Beamer upgrade. It makes the model worse, so should definitely not be an expensive upgrade. I mean, with two claws you have what is basically an Ironclad, not too bad. With the Beamer you have a worse Defiler that can't move and shoot. Bummer.

The Contemptor is cool, but overcosted. Not as bad as the Decimator, though it has the same problem with the Beamer which is simply a non-option. Downgrades should not cost points FW!

And last, those oh so cool Brutes... Three cost more than a Demolisher while not really being better than standard Ogryns (probably worse, no Ripper Gun is a huge deal). The upgrades seem costed for larger size units, but a larger size unit of Brutes would then make up a third or a fourth on a normal-sized army. Their impact on the army looks like what Ogryns do to AM, only much worse. Bummer.

But the new Hell Blade! Sooo cool! God-specific Dreads! Sooo cool! Dread claws! Sooo cool! I feel a bit like a Shoggoth.

http://www.comboutique.com/shop/products/inprint_small/USR21343/20070701231812_shoggy01.jpg

Really cool, and finally my LatD can come out of retirement! Though it seems like I will need to leave my Sentinels on the shelf. Someone at FW hates Sentinels something fierce, their rules in this book makes them unplayable. 

I'm disappointed in a few other things though, first of all that they didn't fix the Decimator, especially the Conversion Beamer upgrade. It makes the model worse, so should definitely not be an expensive upgrade. I mean, with two claws you have what is basically an Ironclad, not too bad. With the Beamer you have a worse Defiler that can't move and shoot. Bummer.

The Contemptor is cool, but overcosted. Not as bad as the Decimator, though it has the same problem with the Beamer which is simply a non-option. Downgrades should not cost points FW!

And last, those oh so cool Brutes... Three cost more than a Demolisher while not really being better than standard Ogryns (probably worse, no Ripper Gun is a huge deal). The upgrades seem costed for larger size units, but a larger size unit of Brutes would then make up a third or a fourth on a normal-sized army. Their impact on the army looks like what Ogryns do to AM, only much worse. Bummer.

But the new Hell Blade! Sooo cool! God-specific Dreads! Sooo cool! Dread claws! Sooo cool! I feel a bit like a Shoggoth.

http://www.comboutique.com/shop/products/inprint_small/USR21343/20070701231812_shoggy01.jpg

Yeah, pretty much agree with this, overall book is excellent, but FW's testers were smoking some bad grenola when looking at the brutes, spawn and sentinels.

Malefic ammo is it available to all vehicles heavy bolters ie preds with heavy bolters brutes with heavy bolters etc? Cause that could be pretty tasty tbh

Malefic ammo is it available to all vehicles heavy bolters ie preds with heavy bolters brutes with heavy bolters etc? Cause that could be pretty tasty tbh

If something has access to heavy bolters and has a unit entry in the book, it can get malefic ammo. There's no cost for units listed in codex CSM, so they can't. The cost of malefic ammo varies a lot, but it is quite pricey. I would say it's only worth it on units that can buy lots of heavy bolters (HB sponson Sicaran, Fire Raptor etc.)

This is the most enthusiastic Chaos thread I've seen in a very long time.

You should stop by more often. Should have seen us during the ETL. Or checked out the Legion/Warband topics. Keep an eye out for Call of Chaos too ;)
I should clarify - I meant Chaos rules thread ;)

Valid point then ;)

So I just finished reading my copy. The Heretics and Renegades list truly is 'Here, have the Guard codex at BS2, with extra bits!'.

I am probably going to use 90% of this book at one point or another. 10/10, would recommend to any Chaos player.

Dragonlover

How's the fluff ?

Cool Black Legion stuff ?

winners:

S8(!) AP3 ordinance 1 large blast barrage ignore cover pinning colossus bombards (in squadrons of 3) for less than a bare-bones 1k sons squad.

~40% cheaper spawn for tzeentch/zombies for nurgle

blastmaster/warpamp sonic dread with rending + double fire rate (bit pricy though)

loosers:

giant spawn >>HS, daemons only

no machine spirit

Archived