Drakeslayers - Kine G'namadth (Hounds) Completed

Bryan Blaire

Amazing painting they look awesome! Can't wait to see them finished!

Thank you very much, Kolgrim! I've still got a bit more work travel over the next four weeks, but after that things should finally slow down for me some and I can start making some real progress on them, rather than just gathering bits and getting them primed.

• 2 weeks later...

So I know at this point I'm all talk, no action, but today I think I picked up the last models for a Phobos Space Wolves army - got a Quick Fangs (Infiltrator/Incursor) box, a Howl Reapers (Reivers) box (for minor kit-bashing), the Salamander character (who will begin his transformation into a Wolf Lord "Bryan-time Soon"), and a Bloodclaws Pack (also parts for kitbashing, as well as making some "Classic" Wolves to hunt with the army).

Still planning on straight up ripping off Triszin and Wispy for some wolf-skull helm goodies, hand axes, and gem chest pieces, but the Forgeworld order will have to wait until Christmas, as I'm out of hobby dough for a while.

But before all that, this Stalker rifle pack gets finished...

• 2 weeks later...

Progress is progress even if it's just planning.

So luckily I have managed to move beyond just planning! With both the wife and kid down with Papa Nurgle's phlegmatic blessings, I managed to get about an hour and 45 minutes of time tonight to paint solid and got all the arms done for Olof, Dren, Stal, and Othvar. Now I just have to get on with the rifles and keep on going.

I've also decided that Greger's helm would be painted to match his Tacticus armor, although none of the gilding on it would be removed.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you very much, Chazzmos and BCK - everyone is mended or on the way now - but the wee one's activities have also meant less painting time.

Managed to get all the arms and rifles base coated (except the barrel decorations) and all of them glued on - next step is going back through and doing the initial edge highlighting. This took me a while, but I actually worked on just gritting my teeth and painting through a little sloppiness, rather than trying to correct every little splash of different color onto another color, knowing that I'd be covering some of it back up with the base color or highlighting later.

med_gallery_59244_10222_370032.jpegmed_gallery_59244_10222_443599.jpeg

med_gallery_59244_10222_249421.jpegmed_gallery_59244_10222_66891.jpeg

I've really got to get these guys done, because a bunch of other ideas have invaded my head at this point, and I'd really like to make progress on the army, plus I have way too much sitting unpainted or on sprues in my backlog.

So that's where I stand right now, and as alway, C&C are welcome and any ideas are much appreciated - I hope y'all get some entertainment out of this stuff.

Hah I hate that, home stretch on on thing but all you can think about is the next. Every flippin time...

Stick it out though it’s looking awesome!

Your models are well-painted and detailed. I hope to see the completed models soon.

Thanks gents! Yeah, Bjorn, I'm really hoping to be able to get through them quickly from here out, although I added a point of frustration on myself today realizing that I didn't have a plan for bases for them quite worked out yet. I really don't like basing for some reason. I previously had plans for basing, not sure why it is such a road block for me all the time, but it totally destroyed forward progress today beyond getting all the grey on the arms initially line highlighted with the 2:1 Dawnstone:Mechanicus Standard Grey mix.

Petey - managed to get ideas in my head swirling for my Adrax Agatone to Wolf Lord conversion going (hoping to use him as a Wolf Lord, Battle Leader, and a counts-as Krom all in one go, oddly enough, really like that scaled cloak more than the wolf pelts all the time) and also for my Sgt Jovan to Wolf Priest (stealing a LOT from Ulrik), and then another Wolf Lord that can either just be a pretty generic dude or a counts-as Ragnar Blackmane for when I want him to lead my Drakeslayers because Krom is censured/on walkabout. Got some of it written out, so it won't cause so much of a problem.

Appreciate it Kolgrim!

Luckily writing out some of my ideas for conversions so I can remember them later helped me get passed my block, so I've made a deal with myself because I am unlikely to get long, uninterrupted periods to paint any more, but for an hour after my kiddo goes to bed each night, I'm going to paint or write. I probably won't pitch pictures up every day, because it's not much time and I'm still fighting my inner critic, but today I got the three gold icons painted up, shaded, and highlighted, the fourth rifle painted with some simple slanted band markings, and two of the rifles highlighted with Khorne Red.

I've also got a write up done for Greger Ælfbane, but I'm saving that for when I actually get the models done.

I love the red bolters! What was the color mix?

The red on the Bloodclaws was just Khorne Red.

For the Stalker bolt rifles, I used Khorne Red with two shades (no thinning) of Nuln Oil (matte), and then edge highlighted with Khorne Red. The plan is not to do that for all the weapons, probably just these and the Longstrikers (Eliminators), but I may look at it for the Howl Reapers (Reivers) and the Quick Fangs (Infiltrators/Incursors).

I feel like I’m already mixing too much color-wise on the armor, so I’m looking to do everything else straight from the bottle (with some air brush thinner).

First two heads put on the bodies!

med_gallery_59244_10222_226931.jpeg

No highlights on anything yet... :(

I did also manage to get the bases decided on, as well as some grit from the wasteland glued down. They are all primed and ready to get some paint on them as well.

Planning on doing them up in the same scheme as my Sector Mechanicus terrain and Tau bases:

med_gallery_59244_13266_47489.jpeg

med_gallery_59244_13266_214640.jpeg

Silver has a hint of blue to it (see it best in the shadow), and a wasteland desert tan for the sand and grit, plus all the wiring and pipes, etc. The Sector Imperialis floor stuff will be a darker version of the same for the metal, but with the same wasteland tan.

• 2 weeks later...

:lol: I know, right!?

I’ve got to get some more bits primed, and I am frustrated with myself for not getting them attached before I primed and painted like 75-80% of the models. :facepalm:

I’ve got a couple of the Wolf-styled pauldrons and small round tilt shields, a conversion to the bottom of one of the magazines and a couple of wolf tail talismans that need to get put on the models and then I will be able to complete the power packs and pauldrons and be finished.

Then I need to plan what’s next - I may end up doing either a Space Wolf hero (you have to read that to yourself like the “Juke Box Hero”) conversion or do my Van Saar gang that may double as some Scions in 40K.

• 2 weeks later...

So very little able to get done this week and a half or so, but did manage to get some of the bits additions sorted (and glued) to give them a bit of Wolf-ish styling:

med_gallery_59244_10222_70547.jpeg

med_gallery_59244_10222_17906.jpeg

Priming the last of the pauldrons and power packs tomorrow, so hoping to have this squad done by the end of the year.