The NEW "What will 2014 Bring?" thread

Xenith

Well I certainly missed a bit there!!

Mixed back from me, but that is mainly due to how I run my dudes and not on the Codex itself as that looks great - I usually run RAS as troops y'see - so I will defo have to build/paint another Tac squad. In a way this could possibly be a blessing as I find RAS very lackluster nowadays in a shooty edition.

Got to decide whether pods or Rhinos is for me, and the fact that Raiders are back to heavy means I may as well break out my Spartan....

Good Relics, good psychic powers, lower points costs. Overall fairly pleased and no big surprises really - except the whole +I formation!! Can't wait to try that!!

things I'd like to know:

-what exactly are the changes to Tycho? points drop? i read he lost dead mans hand and special ammo, so I'm hoping he's about 100 points now frankly...

-Is Dante still Init 6? And what are his other rules? Deathmask, perdition pistol etc

-Stats and rules for sanguinary guard?

-glaive encarmine rules?

-Captains - do they get artificer armour and glaives?

-Do sergeants have access to artificer? I doubt it but still.

-Do comman squads have an option for jump packs?

Anyone think of a reason for why they gave *INSERT UNIT NAME HERE* a couple of hits with the nerfbat? It's not like he was rolling up armies single-handed.

Fixed so it can be applied to the other 8 or 9 units they did this to.

As I have been past few weeks re-painting my poorly painted Blood Angels from years ago into Flesh Tearers, new rumors have made me think if I should make Hybrid BA / FT force if Seth and Dante both are LoW. I'll still take this with grain of salt, but looks like I need to get DC Jump troops again (after I sold mine few years back) and Get new Tactical box for bits and fun... and Finally maybe 2nd Baal. Well, I cement decision when I have codex at my hands next week...

I am tad sad if we don't get Storm Talons... Just tad... I had dream running 2 baals with 2 Storm Talons... Still looks like bit that BA's are becomming what they should be: Premier assault force of the Emperor.

On the first day of Sanguinalia my chaplain gave to me... A BLOOD ANGEL CODEX WITH ALL THE SEXY ANGELS BITS TO MASSACRE THE VILE FILH FROM THE GALAXY OF MAN.

Three Hydralisks, two Terran Wraiths, and a brand new SUV. laugh.png

The way this is going I can see Dante being an auto-include with SG and jump libby, or going with ASM who seem most likely to be candidates for grav anti-MC.

I'll need to email GW about an alternative for reclusiarch regarding FW relic units. Got a major tourny 5 weeks away and that one thing alone could totally ruin it for me :(

I'll need to email GW about an alternative for reclusiarch regarding FW relic units. Got a major tourny 5 weeks away and that one thing alone could totally ruin it for me sad.png

Exactly my thought a couple of pages back. It's a strange omission given how recent the FW SM book was released, but the only reasoning I can think of is that the HQ section is looking pretty beefy for choices now (allegedly), and if Astorath does what a Reclusiarch used to do regarding DC, then the Rec probably had to go. FW aren't eactly swift with their FAQs even though they do get them done, and you'd need to e-mail FW rather than G-dub.

Let me know what they say msn-wink.gif

If this is a straight upgrade from the vehicle armory it could even mean fast land raiders.... probably not, but there's a chance.

I was wondering whether in this edition the Techmarines would have cracked the whole reverse engineering Fast Raiders problem. I'd definitely take it over losing them as Dedi-Trans for most units and no DS (not that I did that very often but, cheques and balances tongue.png ).

You have to pay for Fast Rhinos too? Lmao. GGs

In the 5th ed codex we paid 20 pts for it. 

Rumors have it that razors and rhinos comes standard with fast, avaliable as an upgrade for other vehicles for 10 pts. So it's unlikely that we still have an extra 20 pts added on the base cost.

From what i could make out, the preds have optional upgrades at 10 points.  The rhino, razors and baals are auto fast - so, if 10 is the default, then we're looking at 45pnt Rhinos. And 80 point heavy (fast) razors

Most of these rumours look awesome! I'm a little disappointed about mephy being nerfed, but the other changes make up for it (Dante on initiative and 3 point DC jumpacks? Yes please!!!!) Picking up my codex on Saturday, can't wait!

For Sanguinius! biggrin.png

Archived