The NEW "What will 2014 Bring?" thread

Xenith

Now that we are getting more ideas about what is coming out, I'm more curious to know if we are losing anything. I'm trying to remember what happened to the Wolves. Will the campaign character (our new Captain) replace any one of our current batch of special characters? What's the likelihood of the new emphasis on tacticals replacing our assault squads as troops? Will Dante be dropping out of the sky on mutated, winged rad-scorpions?

Pure conjecture at this point, of course. But I am curious.

via an anonymous source on Faeit 212

Here is some information on the primaris power for you. Its called Quickening. Its a blessing that effects either the psyker or another character within 12". The target gains fleet, d3 initiative and attacks. Roll once and apply both the result to both initiative and attacks.

Warp Charge 1

This is such an odd choice. I'd much rather Warp Speed. I hope all of our powers aren't lesser versions of what got converted to the rule book.

I like this for the ability to give it to another character nearby.  Corbulo, Dante (assuming his axe is no longer unwieldy) or even a powerfist sergeant just for the extra attacks.

via an anonymous source on Faeit 212

Here is some information on the primaris power for you. Its called Quickening. Its a blessing that effects either the psyker or another character within 12". The target gains fleet, d3 initiative and attacks. Roll once and apply both the result to both initiative and attacks.

Warp Charge 1

This is such an odd choice. I'd much rather Warp Speed. I hope all of our powers aren't lesser versions of what got converted to the rule book.

I like this for the ability to give it to another character nearby.  Corbulo, Dante (assuming his axe is no longer unwieldy) or even a powerfist sergeant just for the extra attacks.

This was my thinking a libby can run with dc and cast on himself for fleet or imagine a dc powerfists with 7 attacks on the charge! Or Tycho at initiative 8 and 6 attacks especially if he keeps his hand.

So, magna grapple changed, Quickening primaris. Wonder what other changes are on the cards.

i've missed this apparently what's been done to the magna grapple?

Now it gives Move Through Cover and lets you reroll charge distances vs. vehicles.

That sounds ridiculous, is this a rumour or have we seen pics? As I'd missed this even though I'd been rolling this and Faeit pretty closely.

Well, remember it still has the S8, AP2? (I hope) 

Makes sense, a little dread pulling a massive tank towards it was always a stretch for me.   This makes much more sense, now the hit helps the dread get into the tank. Muuuch better "fluffologically"

As to the quesiton of what else will change- i think everything with a unique or odd rule will undergo revision of some kind!!

Sorry, no... I think the gist of the rumor is that it's no longer a weapon, it's an upgrade that grants the dreadnought certain abilities.

No rumour, the grapple has no statline in the Deathstorm book, just the special rules that it confers.

On the other hand:

"A model equipped with a magna grapple has the move through cover special rule. In addition, a unit containing a model with a magna grapple can reroll failed charges when attempting to assault a vehicle"

Emphasis mine. It's still classed as vehicle wargear...so dare I say...dread mobs?

Sorry, no... I think the gist of the rumor is that it's no longer a weapon, it's an upgrade that grants the dreadnought certain abilities.

Actually it wasn't a proper weapon before either, kinda like the serpent shield. Oh well, it seems to be gone now.

uhhhh.... Don't know what to make of this if its true...

http://natfka.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/blood-angels-terminator-dual-kit.html

DC Terminators? Looks like a wonky shift in fluff if thats the case...

Better than that 'Blood Brothers' rumour :P

Seriously I take a brief hiatus from 40k so I can focus on getting other people gifts for Christmas aaaaaaand the Blood Angels drop out of the sky on wings of fire with their Primarchs name on the lips :( guess ill have to wait

What do people think of the dual terminator rumor?

Terminator honor guard sounds interesting and death company terminators...

(Yes I agree it breaks fluff but I will still use them)

I don't think it's that big a break from fluff. Shove 'em in the armor, point 'em at the enemy, scrape up the armor and fix it when they're done. Why not? It's like any other wargear, just bigger and tougher. TDA is probably easier to repair than power armor, because it's bigger and tougher and less likely to be catastrophically damaged by whatever kills the dude inside!

Also dont forget that a Dreadnought chase is just as venerable as TDA if not more as some of them housed the original Astartes from the Unification wars and the Great Crusade. In 3rd we only had 1 DC Dread 'Moriar The Chosen' then 5th we could field as many as we wanted, I dont think it would be too much of a stretch to extend the DC to TDA.... perhaps only the most noble of the chapter who fall to the rage are incased into TDA such as Captains, 1st company veterans or even Sanguinary Guard... None of us are safe from the curse after all ;)

I posted it in the other (of many) codex rumour threads.

You can read it in the Deathstorm supplement preview pages in the new WD.

Well that's 15 points saved on Dreadnought costs :/

Yea...Ironclads get it inbuilt!

Gutted, I was away this weekend so settled for a digital copy, the pic of the wargear page is too low res to make out unfortunately :/ well that is cheaper dreads but also less impact turn 1 podding through shooting.

What do people think of the dual terminator rumor?

Terminator honor guard sounds interesting and death company terminators...

(Yes I agree it breaks fluff but I will still use them)

I don't think it's that big a break from fluff. Shove 'em in the armor, point 'em at the enemy, scrape up the armor and fix it when they're done. Why not? It's like any other wargear, just bigger and tougher. TDA is probably easier to repair than power armor, because it's bigger and tougher and less likely to be catastrophically damaged by whatever kills the dude inside!

Also dont forget that a Dreadnought chase is just as venerable as TDA if not more as some of them housed the original Astartes from the Unification wars and the Great Crusade. In 3rd we only had 1 DC Dread 'Moriar The Chosen' then 5th we could field as many as we wanted, I dont think it would be too much of a stretch to extend the DC to TDA.... perhaps only the most noble of the chapter who fall to the rage are incased into TDA such as Captains, 1st company veterans or even Sanguinary Guard... None of us are safe from the curse after all msn-wink.gif

The difference is that they don't put DC in dreads, they only happen because the marine inside falls to the black rage after installation.

Good point K&F but perhaps its similar to how normal DC are chosen... the current fluff states that before battle the chaplains perform the mass of doom and note which of their brothers looks a little crazier than usual.

Can't be sure but did this snippet of fluff ever state whether or not that Mass of Doom takes place before or after the Astartes are already in their armour??

I can't say that I've read it written out but I've always guessed that the mass was performed in armour with helmets removed. Which, IMO supports the idea of DC in terminator armour. Will I personally field terminator DC? Likely not. Will I buy a box of terminator DC to combine bits with the new squad of terminators I'm getting with the boxed set? More likely. Will my wife be keeping track of how much I spend on new models so she can go to Guess or Coach to get a new purse/ shoes? Definitely yes.

Good point K&F but perhaps its similar to how normal DC are chosen... the current fluff states that before battle the chaplains perform the mass of doom and note which of their brothers looks a little crazier than usual.

Can't be sure but did this snippet of fluff ever state whether or not that Mass of Doom takes place before or after the Astartes are already in their armour??

It's on the 'eve of battle'.  While Astartes in battle mode can go fully armoured for months, they do need time to paint their own armour black, so they must be able to take it off and decorate it. Painting Saltires onto your own backpack would be a bitch.

Codex: Blood Angels Sanguinary Guard Edition slipcase with prints and accessories online only $165

Gah. £60 I could cope with, but £105? Thats's too much. Depends on the accessories, I guess. And how pretty it is.

It should come with the codex, (supplement) painting guide, (dice?) tactical objectives, objective markers, right?

And some artwork.

For that price it should include Jeske to write lists for you and Forte to paint your minis

Archived