The NEW "What will 2014 Bring?" thread

Xenith

Bugger. Means he can never get the primaris as bonus.  

oh well! 

Thanks Pasc!

Don't believe your interpretation is correct. Per BRB, If you have "chosen" all your powers from the same list, you get the primaris. You don't choose your default power, so it doesn't count in that regard. The Tyranid Maleceptor and Neurothrope are in the same boat and 'nid players know this to be true. 

Meph should be able to use the primaris power. 

Bugger. Means he can never get the primaris as bonus.  

oh well! 

Thanks Pasc!

Don't believe your interpretation is correct. Per BRB, If you have "chosen" all your powers from the same list, you get the primaris. You don't choose your default power, so it doesn't count in that regard. The Tyranid Maleceptor and Neurothrope are in the same boat and 'nid players know this to be true. 

Meph should be able to use the primaris power. 

"If a Psyker has any psychic powers that are not part of a discipline, such as

Force, those powers are not considered when determining whether the Psyker
has Psychic Focus. "

Looks like you're right sir!! Great news.

Forgive me if this has been reported already, but it seems that Tycho will still have two profiles:

Captain Tycho

Tycho the Lost

From the Loaded Dice podcast FB page,

Why would anyone take Tycho anymore? He doesn't have any close combat weapon, no leadership buffs, and he lost his special ammo too. I can make the same character for the same cost so he isn't exactly cheap either.

Forgive me if this has been reported already, but it seems that Tycho will still have two profiles:

Captain Tycho

Tycho the Lost

From the Loaded Dice podcast FB page,

Why would anyone take Tycho anymore? He doesn't have any close combat weapon, no leadership buffs, and he lost his special ammo too. I can make the same character for the same cost so he isn't exactly cheap either.

Yeah if I ever want to use my tycho (which I might... He's my favourite model) I will run him as a regular captain, artificer armour, combine melta, melta bomb and the ap2 relic sword. Loses master crafted but becomes good in CC...

So one thing I'm not sure about. With the units in Deathstorm, can you take those as part of your army? Can I take Cassor the Damned or Raphen's Death Company and use them as Troops for instance?

If I understood the whole discussion a few pages back (and the question you're asking now), they are part of a Formation, and with Formations you can only take the whole thing or none at all.  Meaning you can't cherry pick units like that.

So one thing I'm not sure about. With the units in Deathstorm, can you take those as part of your army? Can I take Cassor the Damned or Raphen's Death Company and use them as Troops for instance?

If I understood the whole discussion a few pages back (and the question you're asking now), they are part of a Formation, and with Formations you can only take the whole thing or none at all.  Meaning you can't cherry pick units like that.

I understand the formation bit and that it's an all of nothing deal. A few people posted that Troops choices for our Army were: Tactical Marines, Scouts, Cassor, and Raphen's Death Company making it seem like you can cherry pick. Hence my question.

Very unlikely. It's just the way they wanted the campaign box to be. 

What's the logic for that though? Slots in the campaign box don't really matter. You are basically just playing what's in the box.

you can cherry pick, they are different unit options. i.e. imagine them just being another page in the codex.

You have the option of running them all together as a formation however, for more goodly benefits.

it's like the battle company. each unit is it's own page, but you can put them all together in a formation

you can cherry pick, they are different unit options. i.e. imagine them just being another page in the codex.

You have the option of running them all together as a formation however, for more goodly benefits.

it's like the battle company. each unit is it's own page, but you can put them all together in a formation

OK. Yeah, I see they described each unit as a data sheet. Thanks!

Sorry I disappeared, needed to spend some time with my GF and you know, eat food and whatnot. ;)

Anyway as far as I can tell, yes... Tycho sucks.

Any new ground people want to go over?

Mephiston is still good, just is going to have to be in a unit with AP2 combat weaponry.

On the plus side though Dante is a nice little beat stick now, just a shame he scatters...

You can absolutely take them as individual units. The reason for this is that each unit has its own datasheet. 

The Deathstorm formation is nothing more than a collection of data sheets. So you can use the datasheets in the  Deathstorm formation or in any other detachment. 

If I understood the whole discussion a few pages back (and the question you're asking now), they are part of a Formation, and with Formations you can only take the whole thing or none at all. Meaning you can't cherry pick units like that.

You can absolutely take them as individual units. The reason for this is that each unit has its own datasheet.

The Deathstorm formation is nothing more than a collection of data sheets. So you can use the datasheets in the Deathstorm formation or in any other detachment.

I can at least verify that each unit has a specific points cost for each. I took that to mean that you can use them the same way as you can Tycho, Lemartes or any other unit in the "normal" Codex smile.png

Sorry I disappeared, needed to spend some time with my GF and you know, eat food and whatnot. msn-wink.gif

Just a couple questions as I think we have almost everything covered at this point. Dante gets Descent of Angels as a Warlord Trait. He also get another one from what I understand? Is that set or do you roll for it?

And a more general question, how does the book look? Any cool new art of stuff like that? Thanks!

Archived