Casual 30K Hobby Challenge - Month 4 - December

Kor'Vesh

Great stuff everyone!

Kor'Vesh, I'm really looking forward to your take on Vulkan. Jasp, you're putting me in the mood to look at my World Eaters again... and Gizur... Man, a Falchion at the same level as your Achilles would be awesome.

In other news... Progress!

gallery_67188_8872_25922.jpg

Hooray for hastily taken, poorly-lit photos! The Executioner is done, and I'm pretty happy with it. I still need to pay a fair bit of attention to the five Breachers on the left, but the guys on the right just need their battle-damage sponging and then a couple of washes and then they're done... Aside from basing of course.

But I'm not far off, which is a hell of a lot further along than I thought I was going to be a week ago!

Brilliant work Stru. You've convinced me to go with an executioner in my army rather than a scorpius - just like the look of that beauty better.

Can I possibly request that you paint a big ole fist on the central panel of the tank though? Also, what have you done with the breacher's shields?

So I started vulkan yesterday. Based colours are mostly down, but he is a daunting prospect... Weirdly I got distracted by the based and spent and inordinate time painting rock and rubble - classic procrastination me thinks. Anyway, I have no Idea how much time I'll get to work on him over Christmas, so I'm not pledging him yet. I know that isn't strictly in the spirit of things, but he is my only primarch!

Gizur - I'm very excited to see your falchion. Think how many dead ultramarines it could hold...

I have done literally nothing you haven't seen. I also have some Reavers and a Contemptor now, but no superglue and I keep forgetting to buy some.

After Christmas I'm going to try knuckle down and get all my models finished. I also have like 3 fantasy armies on the go, some infinity, some Malifaux I'm getting for Christmas and some Hordes... And I haven't painted any of it...

But I will enter into next months challenge and try to get something done!

I've decided my SoH will be an allied force, and AL will be the main... And I want to do some Ultramarines when the Calth book comes out... And maybe some Solar Auxilia allies for them.

Need to get my crap together :P

Solar auxillia all the way brothers they are some of the best models I've painted

You dirty tease.

Ohh you ;)

Hoping to order 2 squads of volkite and flamers for my tercio

And just wondering if I can add 3 thallax to December's pledge?

Well you'd better pledge them before they are done Jasp :p (they are looking very nice by the way - the muted green is very cool).

Fancy pledging some of those nice auxiliary guys daemon?

Btw, I know I'm over due to write the week three update, I might find time tomorrow, but if not assume I'm merrilly enjoying Christmas Eve :)

Archived