Any faith in the current rumors?

ValourousHeart

Lords of war gaming on facebook said that people waiting for sisters will be disapointed.

Take it as you will. Last year the hints given were spot on.

Unfortunately there are three ways to disappoint us:

1. No Plastic models, just a codex (again)

2. Release is utter trash (bad codex, models suck, or models look nothing like the Sisters we know)

3. Nothing is coming

So which specifically they mean is what I want to know.

I pay no mind to the rumors. By now, we've all heard them a half dozen times or more - and they've yet to come to fruition.

Besides... These people claiming to know what's coming in the future for GW... Predicting the future is psyker talk, and I don't take kindly to witches. The God-Emperor of all Mankind didn't even let his own son slide with that one.

Everyone grab your flamers. There's heresy afoot!

Fixed that for you...truncating any of the myriad titles of Him-on-Earth is a special category of sin requiring special forms of atonement. msn-wink.gif

Saw your comment there. Indeed I must agree with you Fulkes. Its vague and does not explain much. That bothers me to no end.

I would like to know what people wont like specifically. While I dont play sisters, I would like to see them im plastic. It is a step to get rid of that damn finecast or resin or whatever.(metal in this case)

Maybe it will be clam packs without costumization? Or maybe it will be only the campaign models in plastic?

Hopefully it will be unveiled in the next weeks.

There is a special place in hell for vague people.

So nothing new, the Emperor one more tests his most Faithfull Daughters and we march on as if nothing has happened.

In honesty though, I don';t feel the pressing need for a new range at the exact moment when I drowning in metal sisters models I'm trying to paint.

As long as we get a tid bit before the next marine codex, I'm happy.

Pity. Not surprising, but a pity all the same.

On the bright side, this means your fluff is more or less safe for another year :P

Besides... These people claiming to know what's coming in the future for GW... Predicting the future is psyker talk, and I don't take kindly to witches. The Emperor didn't even let his own son slide with that one.

Everyone grab your flamers. There's heresy afoot!

Marry me? laugh.png

Dont care for fluff, just want to play with updated rules. Fluff has been bad for a while now to begin with, heck going back in time making it so the Eye Terror event never happened. Thats bad lore writing in my book.

Its like someone would redo Total recall and than make it a different movie...oh wait nvm that actually happened.

My hope in the rumors for updated codex and plastics are actually a 2 part pipe dream.

1. GW releases some beautiful plastics for our range and updates the fluff to relect our sisters with some proper respect.

2. Pewter is declared a prescious metal so i can melt down my old collection to pay for my new one.

Salt.....so much salt

My faith is reserved for the tangible and demonstrable divinity of the God-Emperor of Mankind, not rumours on the Internet.

Hence my Sororitas pass their Shield of Faith saves... occasionally.

My hope in the rumors for updated codex and plastics are actually a 2 part pipe dream.

1. GW releases some beautiful plastics for our range and updates the fluff to relect our sisters with some proper respect.

Personally, I'd like that line from the 2e book - that one little line - "Such is the strength of their faith that in their entire history, not a single Sister of Battle has fallen to Chaos" - be restored. Other than that, the fluff is solid... it's only in other codices and the occasional BL novel, and the atrocity that is Blood of Martyrs that we get shafted.

Personally, I'd like that line from the 2e book - that one little line - "Such is the strength of their faith that in their entire history, not a single Sister of Battle has fallen to Chaos" - be restored. Other than that, the fluff is solid... it's only in other codices and the occasional BL novel, and the atrocity that is Blood of Martyrs that we get shafted.

That seems like asking for a bit much, Miko. The one group with that track record has to be drawn from children born as psykers of considerable strength, survive 100,000 to 1 odds in trials, and be genetically modified with the Emperor's own gene-seed to manage it. Some groups got faith in spades, Sisters among them, but faith is not enough to keep an organization as vast as the Sororitas from ever having a single errant member. ph34r.png

I have it on good authority that plastic sisters of battle will either be released before the end of 4th Qtr or they wont be release this year at all. There is no in between with this. This is as reliable as if it came from Kirby himself. No more need to guess or hunt for rumors. They definitely will be coming soon or they be later.

My sources confirm this as well.

That seems like asking for a bit much, Miko. The one group with that track record has to be drawn from children born as psykers of considerable strength, survive 100,000 to 1 odds in trials, and be genetically modified with the Emperor's own gene-seed to manage it. Some groups got faith in spades, Sisters among them, but faith is not enough to keep an organization as vast as the Sororitas from ever having a single errant member. ph34r.png

Particularly since there have been recent fluff suggestions that even the grey knights are not immune....(a certain incident with the changeling causing doubt deal). I get the impression that GW is heading more and more towards the no one is safe route.

Still, a nod to the (nigh) incorruptibility of the sisters would be nice. Especially since I would much rather put my trust in them then the silver armored team killers.

Really? Really? dry.png

Anyway, in terms of fluff, which are the favored sources you lot would want reinforced, and which are heretical texts of slander and lies?

Ask yourself who has shown up in more fluff: Sisters or Black Templars?

Now who has gotten more new art in the last decade?

I rest my case.

Reinforced?

The second edition SoB codex. The 7th edition Grey Knight codex. The article from Citadel Journal 49. Grey Knights (Ben Counter - even though the Sororitas all died and barely appeared, they were implied to be genuinely badass off-screen).

Declared heretical;

Codex: Witch Hunters. Dark Millenium. Tales from the Dark Millenium. The 5th edition Grey Knight codex. Blood of censored.gif Martyrs. Red and Black/Faith and Fire (James Swallow, for making a joke of Sororitas discipline).

Ambivalent;

Hammer and Anvil. Daemonifuge (if you go with the assumption that the possessed Sisters are just disguised daemon infiltrators like the one in issue #1).

Really? Really? dry.png

Anyway, in terms of fluff, which are the favored sources you lot would want reinforced, and which are heretical texts of slander and lies?

Ask yourself who has shown up in more fluff: Sisters or Black Templars?

Now who has gotten more new art in the last decade?

I rest my case.

My disgruntled point was that it is not a conversation worth having, much less one that should have been brought up in the first place.

Declared heretical;

Codex: Witch Hunters.

Really? huh.png

Yes, really. I have always hated that book for relegating us to being 'lackeys of the inquisition' to the point where people STILL think we can't do anything without some Ordo Hereticus goon to hold our hands.

Archived