Any faith in the current rumors?

ValourousHeart

Daemonifuge (if you go with the assumption that the possessed Sisters are just disguised daemon infiltrators like the one in issue #1).

I never saw them as possessed. They were tortured, twisted and physically mutated/mutilated in every conceivable way due to their time spent around the Keeper of Secrets, but their minds remained faithful. They paid the price of physical corruption to gain the knowledge needed to defeat the Emperor's enemies.

I actually never used inquisitors during that era... not sure if one would have added any value to the force.

There was a huge benefit with taking as many Faithful units as possible. Inquisitors were not faithful, nor were the IST or marine allies. It was better to take a Palatine and more Battle Sisters.

• 4 weeks later...

BoLS is making claims about Sisters again (my $.02 in yellow):

Via Birds in the Trees
Sororitas Rundown:

– R&D on the entire line is complete, and the range is all new in plastic. No censored.gif. With an army whose only all plastic model is a Rhino with an alternate options sprue this isn't a big shock. Anyone could have guessed this.
– 5-model combo-unit Sisters infantry kit Possible, but it'll need to come with a flamer, melta, storm bolter, heavy flamer, multi-melta, and heavy bolter to be worth the cost. Plus Superior upgrades. That's like 3-4 sprues depending on parts density and head options.
– 3 model Sisters unit on 50mm bases kit I can't think of anything that needs a 50mm base, unless Repentia become a swarm unit or something.
– 5 model Sisters unit on 32mm bases kit (different from the infantry unit listed above) Heavier armor Sisters or Seraphim perhaps?
– Sororitas combo unit vehicle kit “A” kit Exorcist could definitely be either this or B. Likely would have an alt build because that's how GW rolls.
– Sororitas combo unit vehicle kit “B” kit Hopefully an assault vehicle or a flyer. Likely this or A is a re-cut Immolator/Rhino kit for "reasons".
– Sororitas Walker/Monstrous Creature vehicle kit Penitent Engine? Pretty much an automatic addition since the metal model is officially the worst model to assemble in the entire game now that there are no metal Dreadnoughts or Thunderfire Cannons. I'd be surprised it it wasn't a dual kit to make 2 different models though.
– 3 clampack Sororitas characters Priest (who is available for 3 armies so is a big one to update), Canoness and either a new HQ option or an updated or new SC. I kind of want a SC Canoness, but a plastic Celestine could be awesome.

These are on ice and only await release scheduling by GW. So basically "whenever, I promise"

These rumors are rated: PROBABLE coming from known reliable sources.

...side note: i know for a fact that plastic Sisters are coming and sculpts/moulds are finished and pre productions are underway though a release date is still well off

Nightfury is worth considering but we'd need more info from Hastings, Harry and more...reputable sources before I actually put any stock into this. Better yet, PHYSICAL :cuss ING PROOF.

Nightfury is worth considering but we'd need more info from Hastings, Harry and more...reputable sources before I actually put any stock into this. Better yet, PHYSICAL censored.gif ING PROOF.

Having talked to Hastings about it before, if they're coming he wasn't aware about it.

I'd love to see these new miniatures this year. However, I am treating these rumors the same way I treated rumors in the Army: it will happen when it happens.

Besides, they're the same rumours we had this time last year.

I don't recall rumors of 50mm bases or 32mm bases last year.

Anyways, nightfury's input I think in the long run, is the more interesting part since he's currently batting 100%.

Him actually coming out and saying his/her/it's fiancee works for GeeDubs and gives him some sneak peeks from time to time is indeed interesting...

The rumors years ago says: plasma guns for sisters, plasma tank, new peniten engines options, and more boxs than the new rumors says, if its this new rumor ( i hope its true and i believe in NIghtfury´s )its a lie or not, we can only wait.

I think it's got to the stage where I almost forget Sister rumours the moment I've read them... We've had so much regurgitation that it's hard to notice or care. As has been said we will wait and see as always.

Show me another set of Sisters rumors that lists kit contents and base sizes then. :P

~shrug~ I don't see myself expanding beyond the infantry models I already have (~50 battle sisters, but not enough to make more than 4 squads of 10, due to special weapons...like 5 stormbolters, blech, 2x10 repentia, 7 seraphim, a canoness...), except possibly more seraphim...battle conclave...any new type of infantry...or use my metal sisters as battle sisters in all cases and plastics for dominions...wait, maybe I do need more sisters biggrin.png

I have spent the last 4 weeks painting 25 sisters as and when I could and I still have about 100 on top of that...

I need no new models, just GW assurance of a continued backing as an army that can be played.

You would think after nearly 20 years we would of finished painting... Suppose perfection takes time.  

I think it's got to the stage where I almost forget Sister rumours the moment I've read them... We've had so much regurgitation that it's hard to notice or care. As has been said we will wait and see as always.

Show me another set of Sisters rumors that lists kit contents and base sizes then. tongue.png

Show me the part where I said it was all regurgitated?

It is oddly specific in a lot of places, but I find it weird that it speaks of the size bases without explaining what they are, but maybe that's just me.  Regardless of that, I don't know if I'd put much faith in it.  Most of that is obvious, anything that doesn't come out on release may be called as delayed for a future release, and they could be released any time in the next two years and this rumor could still be pointed at and regarded as accurate.  Quite a large window.

Show me another set of Sisters rumors that lists kit contents and base sizes then. tongue.png

Show me the part where I said it was all regurgitated?

I was just making a point that at least this set isn't just bland regurgitated pulp with no flavor.

I'd take bland if it meant we got something tangible! We have no idea of knowing if this is just new bits on top of an existing set, or the new and real deal. That's the problem with a rumour mill so long in the tooth - too many signals in the air. So we do what we always have; wait and see.

Personally I'm a bit sick of the "something is coming at some point" shtick as it means a whole lot of nothing. I'd rather not be bothered and find out the week before when GW tries to sell WD to us...

Archived