Drop Assault out

Kilofix

I can't haywire yet, so my own solution tends to be to either A: I can't avoid them, so bombard and then rush them or B: I can avoid them, so I do.

A lot of times, I can get myself to a point where I'm hitting the main base but those turrets can also hit me. So long as there isn't so many that I'll die before the base goes down, I don't waste time with them. The currency to build units is super easy to accumulate in mass, even with the research prices. 

I know, the Chapter is active and I can invite, but it does not figure in the search tool. Perhaps I should change the name into Traitoris... I will try that and report back.

Edit:

It works! You can find the chapter Traitoris with the search tool. Feel free to join and fight for the Warmaster!

I shouldn't worry too much. Mine gets beasted about twice a day. You can make the lost resources and glory back by dumping on someone else.

And people are complaining that this game isn't fluff accurate :D

And Traitoris has the first member, Hushrog!

So I report that the chapter works. It goes by the name Traitoris and it fights for the Warmaster! Welcome to join us in the game!

A sig banner will be available soon for the members.

I'm not going to join right now, as I have a thriving chapter that I started by accident, but I'm very happy to propose an informal alliance to stomp loyalists.

The Carrion Legion are happy to stand with the Traitoris of the B&C to bring death to the tyrant emperor.

Well, if the Traitoris Chapter only has two members, it could be disbanded, its members added to the Carrion Legion, and the Carrion Legion renamed (which can be done, I just changed the Liberites to Liberites Test and back) to the Traitoris.

That is, of course, if either of you would want to do that, they are your Chapters.

Whether it's one or two of you, the Liberites stand opposed in defiance nonetheless! If you guys ever want to do an informal competition between Loyalists and Traitors, I'm down. We can compare Chapter Glory, player conquests, so forth.

Edit: Found out a nifty trick. If you're going to lose, you can close the program down and restart it. Still counts as a loss, you still lose the currency to make the attack, but your units are still there. Kind of cheap, but you don't have to pay for rebuilding them or wait for them to be built.

In regards to bases getting owned. It will happen a lot and I think more so as you progress. I honestly stopped caring too much about defense when I saw what a titan can do at my level. It is all you will need when attacking if you want the job done quickly without a challenge.

What I wonder is if there is any way to defend against the titan or if it becomes less significant at higher levels.

I shouldn't worry too much. Mine gets beasted about twice a day. You can make the lost resources and glory back by dumping on someone else.

And people are complaining that this game isn't fluff accurate :biggrin.:

I know! How do those loyalist keep drop pod-ing into battle, retake territory, and install fortifications that will take me weeks to build and they do it in a single night!?

It's the Alpha Legion I bet you!

And Traitoris has the first member, Hushrog!

So I report that the chapter works. It goes by the name Traitoris and it fights for the Warmaster! Welcome to join us in the game!

A sig banner will be available soon for the members.

Yay! Hushrog...my evil, partially formed twin.

Death to the False Emperor!

Edit: Found out a nifty trick. If you're going to lose, you can close the program down and restart it. Still counts as a loss, you still lose the currency to make the attack, but your units are still there. Kind of cheap, but you don't have to pay for rebuilding them or wait for them to be built.

I found the trick as well, but for more noble reasons.

I attacked a base, it froze whilst a Beamer was firing. 5 seconds later it unfroze and most of my stuff was dead, despite being dispersed.

So I closed down, reopened and my boys were back

Its waaaaay overpowered, 1 use per day or once in 12hrs would stop the super spamming of it, though the novelty hasnt worn off yet.

my grievance is my resources are basically nil when I log in, like the vault basically doesnt exist. Not amusing after slugging it out to get the power and such.

Jolemai, what level are you at?  I didn't try it until I was Level 13, when I had 6 terminators and 8 support.  Haywire clusters of turrets and make sure your units are destroying the supplies (it's the bonus objective anyhow) so that you always have points for servo heals, beacons and more haywire as necessary.  Near the base there are two mortars surrounded by mines - open up the area with a deathwind missile strike or carefully placed orbital strikes.

I was wiped out the first time I tried around level 10 - but the second time I took almost no casualties.

Jolemai, what level are you at?  I didn't try it until I was Level 13, when I had 6 terminators and 8 support.  Haywire clusters of turrets and make sure your units are destroying the supplies (it's the bonus objective anyhow) so that you always have points for servo heals, beacons and more haywire as necessary.  Near the base there are two mortars surrounded by mines - open up the area with a deathwind missile strike or carefully placed orbital strikes.

I was wiped out the first time I tried around level 10 - but the second time I took almost no casualties.

I think I took it with 6 termis and 4 support before I got haywire, but I also just had my guys beacon-sprint past a couple of the turrets. Servo-heal is definitely a great thing to use along the way. 

I think its a little sad that the only reason I can think to use the deathwind is to clear minefields. It's just too underpowered vs everything else. 

I use tacticals in PvP and they mow down terminators reaaaalll fast.

Really?

I tend to get giddy when I see big tact blobs. One haywire and a pack of blood lusted WE cataphractii typically don't bode well for them.

I have seen tacticals used as a meat shield for support squads. So many bodies to cut through it can take a while. Especially if your own cataphractii are busy having a slapping match with the enemies. Or if you decided to see what mass raptor or predator works like.

Though I still prefer Cataphractii and dreads to absorb damage for the support squad.

Archived