Drop Assault out

Kilofix

Finally got the titan yesterday (or ti tan as you have to spell it in the in-game chat). Enjoyed the first base I smashed with it without deploying any troops. Then proceeded to wipe all the remaining bases in the map, also with minimal troop deploys (mostly to speed things up in the more crowded bases). The game just doesn't make any sense anymore, any illusion of challenge is completely gone. For now I'll keep playing aiming to complete the 8 story missions, but...is there anything beyond that?...what was your motivation to go on once you get the titan? Was there any motivation at all? :)

My arms race to upgrade all the troop pads has halted, I don't need troops anymore (except once a month when pvp resets, but there's many weeks left). Upgrading turrets against other titan owners is pointless. Focusing on power and research atm, just to keep them techmarines busy...

Something happened in the last patch and now the Titan is way more powerful. Yeah, I can take out any base with just the Titan and Orbital, without deploying troops. And my base can no longer withstand the same.

My opponents range from 28 to 35 atm. I'm 30. I've been using my 6 pads for tacticals lately, just for lulz (and to get the achievement of building loads of troops). I usually unleash the titan, and then all marines except one pod, unless all the threats have been removed. They die in droves, and I keep producing them. Feels more like guard than marines :) I don't have any of the tactical researches either, never bothered :)

I really hope they patch the titan again to make the game a bit interesting...the win button is only fun the first time you use it. But if I have it there, I'll use it. I'm weak :)

Can't for the sake of the Emperor figure out how to get trough Primary Objective 6 and secure that titan... There are way too many beamers for me to manage to run trough... Any ideas what composition I should use? Termies, support and bikes? Preds? Dreads?

I feel terrible, considering I've seen so mary replays of people crashing my base using that walker... :(

I can't remember what was in that base, I may have used Raptors and EMP / Dominate. I know I did it at level 29 though.

If you can remind me, I may recollect what I did.

http://i858.photobucket.com/albums/ab143/Player_not_found/image.jpg1_zps889c86zo.jpg

He beamers are all lvl4, and when I try to use dominate on any one of 'em, they always target the useless turrets first (las or flamers), leaving the whilwinds and beamers unscathed...

Usually, by the time my troops get troigh the first layer of turrets, only 2 or 3 termies remain to tackle the beamers... :/

I think I used Sons of Horus so that I got 55 energy to start. Then I used EMP and Dominate (2x each) to buy time to fly my Raptors all the way to the far right corner. If I remember right, it's just outside the range of the WW.

People in my clan say with Raptors it's a lot easier. I was level 29, but level 13 HQ, no raptors. Had 15 termies and 12 bikes. Following advice from an alliance member, I beaconed all my troops to the top left side, where all the supplies are. While the troops gave me mana I orbitaled the 2 lascannons closest to the HQ (4 orbitals). With all supplies destroyed, beacon to the top beamer, dominate/haywire around the other beamers to nullify them as much as you can. Ignore all the other turrets. Measure your mana and keep beaconing on the beamers till all are down, then beacon to the back of the base. I had like 5 termies and one bike left at this point, all in pretty bad shape, but it was enough to destroy the base. My relics are something like +14% speed, + 19% starting energy, + 16% troop damage, + 13% troop health. I'm World Eaters. Both termies, bikes, orbitals and beacons had been upgraded as much as I could. I had to try the same tactic 2 or 3 times till I got it right :smile.:

You can probe the base and dominate each beamer/lascannon in turn to see who they target, it doesn't seem to be wholly random. If you dominate one turret, then withdraw, and attack again dominating the same turret, it picks the same target. In this way you can plan your dominates ahead. When orbitals/haywires start getting expensive, dominates can be better...you get off 2 lascannon shots out of a dominate, if it picks the right turret, it's better than a dominate on a beamer that targets a whirlwind.

Remember, if you play it fast the only important turrets are the 2 closest lascannons and the 4 beamers, ignore all the others.

I think dreads and predators will be too slow to run through the border turrets, forcing you to deal with all the turrets, and not only the ones surrounding the HQ. And given there are 4 high level beamers, this approach is only good if your army is very big and very upgraded. Supports will get blasted to pieces by mortars and whirlwinds and roasted by flamers when trying to run through as well.

Hope that helps!

yeah, I know what you mean. I'm a very casual player with this and it seems to me that I'll be able to take 2, maybe 3 bases before my troops are so badly mauled/lost that I cant play any more cos I need to re build my army. Still an alright game but loosing appeal fairly quickly

Pretty much the same deal here.

It's gotten to the point that players have figured out exactly how to build the best mouse trap with their bases to the point it's not really possible to do damage quickly enough with the amount of ammo you have to power special abilities. That is, of course, up until you get the titan, which will curb stomp any mousetrap you lay in front of it.

It just seems so cheep to me though... something like taking a hammer to a chess board you can't figure out otherwise.  

I'm finding bases with lascannons/mortars/bolters are usually crackable after a couple of attempts. It's the ones with beakers that cause me to grind my teeth. Only way then is to use your dominate power and frantically blAst away at their HQ, hoping desperately that it dies before you run out of points to control their turrets with.

I find flamers and lascannons pretty much stop me even trying.

Lascannons and flamers curb stomp terminators.

Throw in a single mortar and its gg to any infantry.

Do vehicles help at all? I imagine lascannons stomp them anyway.

Seriously how do you fight a base of 3x LC, 3x Flamer, 3x Mortar and a few HBs/mines. These are level 15-20 bases as well, it's laughably difficult.

Well I generally run two groups of 9 tacticals (6&9), one group of 5 devs, a dreadnought and two groups of 4 termies. The infantry are levelled up to about level 6 or 7, dread is still about level two. I generally use beacon to run around the perimeter to find big groups of undefended buildings and smash them up to build my "special" points up and then charge the whole lot straight at the HQ. As I charge, I use haywire and dominate to shut down as many turrets in my way as I can, (beamers first, then whirlys, then las/flamer). I'd say I'm winning about four in five attacks. Admittedly, casualties are horrendous, frequently I only have a half dozen guys left by the end, but hey, I'm death guard, and papa nurgle doesn't mind if you die, so long as you fester a bit first.

Haven't used vehicles much yet. Predator is woefully slow and dies fairly easily, jet bikes hit hard but melt under any fire at all, and I haven't unlocked the raptor or glaive yet.

"The Horus Heresy: Drop Assault™ launches on Android

Greetings, Captains. We're extremely excited to announce the Android launch of The Horus Heresy: Drop Assault! We know that so many of you have been patiently waiting to play on your Android device.

Check out our latest trailer here and download from Google Play now."

FINALLY:biggrin.:

So currently my line up is 8 termies, 2 preds, 4 bikes, and 6 support, its only offering me up to lvl 28 to fight but I can deal with that with a few loses, most if my offline time is spent on long upgrades from the research lab/home/power and munitions. Working pretty well for me at current.

Archived