Drop Assault out

Kilofix

Jetbikes all the way for me, the volkite munches through stuff quite quickly

This is my favorite set up! A lot of bikes with their vulkite weaponry are awesome. They can make quick work of the enemy and they can get around the board quickly. Plus, using bloodlust and haywire right just makes them better.

Until you play and your opponent brings raptors...

I now run 24 bikes and a raptor just in case.

My other favorite set up was 60 tacticals and 4 contemptors. That seemed to do well for me as well.

I've not found the predator very helpful. While it hits hard, it's painfully slow. I've been using 5 support, 9 tacticals, a dread, and two squads of termies. On balance, it's usually the use of tactics rather than the precise types of troops that win it for me. Dominate and beacon are key. Get the enemy shooting at himself, then run to the weak points and stomp away.

We can't look people up by usernames, only by Chapters.

But if I happen to come across a Flint! when I level up more, I'll be sure to throw everything I have at it at every single opportunity. :)

More on getting Glory:

AI base capture: 5 pts (or up to 7 pts with bonus)

Player base capture: 10 pts (or up to 13 pts with bonus)

Base loss: -5 pts irregardless of AI or Player

So, go after Player bases or make sure you complete the Bonus Objective if capturing an AI base. Otherwise, it's a wash if you capture an AI base without the Bonus.

More on getting Glory:

So, go after Player bases or make sure you complete the Bonus Objective if capturing an AI base. Otherwise, it's a wash if you capture an AI base without the Bonus.

Good stuff!

However, lately it seems I lose more glory than I gain when playing. If I get time I play after work and try to clear off most of the map (at least have 75% control in my areas) and usually get 200-300 glory. The next morning I've lost my outposts and my base has been defeated enough that I've lost 200-300 glory. It's killing my buzz.

Hush, we have the community topic now, the previous one was deleted by mistake while I was "mod editing" it. Fellow B&C players, join Traitoris and fight for the Warmaster. Currently we are on the 34th place among the chapters and we have reached our maximum of members 50/50. Though most of them are not B&C they fight well, but should one of you request to be included among our ranks we have ways to clear off the "chaff". After all we are true sons of our fathers and we do not tolerate weaklings in our legions. The way to Terra is a long and arduous one hence only the strongest will be able to complete the journey.

More on getting Glory:

Good stuff!

However, lately it seems I lose more glory than I gain when playing. If I get time I play after work and try to clear off most of the map (at least have 75% control in my areas) and usually get 200-300 glory. The next morning I've lost my outposts and my base has been defeated enough that I've lost 200-300 glory. It's killing my buzz.

Thats howit works but if you focus on bonuses and player bases then net net you'll come out with a net gain.

I just got the titan...

It really is messed up...

I know what you mean.

On another note, any one know hoe the games works out resources gained from raiding a players base? It seems to be all over the place.

Jolemai, what level are you at?  I didn't try it until I was Level 13, when I had 6 terminators and 8 support.  Haywire clusters of turrets and make sure your units are destroying the supplies (it's the bonus objective anyhow) so that you always have points for servo heals, beacons and more haywire as necessary.  Near the base there are two mortars surrounded by mines - open up the area with a deathwind missile strike or carefully placed orbital strikes.

I was wiped out the first time I tried around level 10 - but the second time I took almost no casualties.

Jolemai, what level are you at?  I didn't try it until I was Level 13, when I had 6 terminators and 8 support.  Haywire clusters of turrets and make sure your units are destroying the supplies (it's the bonus objective anyhow) so that you always have points for servo heals, beacons and more haywire as necessary.  Near the base there are two mortars surrounded by mines - open up the area with a deathwind missile strike or carefully placed orbital strikes.

I was wiped out the first time I tried around level 10 - but the second time I took almost no casualties.

I think I took it with 6 termis and 4 support before I got haywire, but I also just had my guys beacon-sprint past a couple of the turrets. Servo-heal is definitely a great thing to use along the way. 

I think its a little sad that the only reason I can think to use the deathwind is to clear minefields. It's just too underpowered vs everything else. 

I was level 16 or so when I typed that and was trying to do with Tacticals, TDA and Support. Basically, I gather that I had messed up my upgrading priorities and despite my higher level, I was below the curve of where I should have been. In the end I did it once I'd researched haywire and ran TDA spam.

I just got the titan...

It really is messed up...

I know what you mean.

On another note, any one know hoe the games works out resources gained from raiding a players base? It seems to be all over the place.

You get however much they have stored up at that time, minus what's locked up in their vault.

Try to identify players that typically have more stored up and keep hitting them.

It depends entirely on how much of each resource a player has unprotected.

It's definitely the case that some guys collect resources faster than others. I had the same guy take over various outposts in my territory at the rate of two-three times a day. His base was weakly defended and I was able to flatten it easily every time, and each time I'd capture huge quantities of resources. I came to rely on it a bit, and was quite disappointed when he stopped his incursions.

Archived