Order of the Gilded Pyre *Update 7/10/16

Sith’ari

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers Mate!

Recently I've been roped into painting a load of terrain for the campaign, hence the lack of updates. However, that job has now been completed and the two mini squads have been finished bar the basing. So expect an update in the next couple of days! cool.png

• 2 weeks later...

Evening all!

After a couple of setbacks with the basing (AKA completely hating how my original idea turned out) it's finally update time!

Now unfortunately, I took waaaay to long in painting these first two squads, which means I'll have to play with my Black Legion force in the campaign (dodges purifying flames.) But, on the plus side, it means I don't have to do a rush job on these wicked cool minis! biggrin.png

Right then. Presented by the miracles of knackered old camera-vision, here's what I have painted so far:

Squad Luminara

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa130/sangapics13/f94371b0-5906-4d69-a6ed-e48c63b87b49_zpsqwaysxu8.jpg

Squad Jocosta

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa130/sangapics13/2c7aa580-25c6-4192-9250-2db4685ebbb9_zpsejnmkyjj.jpg

Next up on the painting table is a pair of Immolator's, which hopefully won't take as long to paint! :D

Cheers! cool.png

I'm Chinese-American. After being bombarded with whitewashed heroes, I appreciate seeing racial and cultural diversity among HEROES. Those who think "Black= Evil" or "Dark skin= Evil" can go censored.gif themselves with the Teeth of Terra. (I'm looking at all the fantasy writers who think "dark elves"- specifically DARK SKINNED elves- are the epitome of evil, like many who write for 'Dungeons & Dragons'.)

But there's no race issue here, since Sith'ari's models are painted in a variety of skin tones, and race has nothing to do with hair style.

Quite apart from that, technically the Adepta Sororitas are Lawful Evil by any absolute alignment system, so heroes? Not really sure it counts.

Yeah I'm not entirely sure that I understand what you mean regarding the hair mate. They are after all warrior nuns and there isn't much room for individual hairstyles in that monastic way of life! :D Cheers for your comment on the painting though mate- I appreciate it! B)

I've started work on the Immolators today, so it won't be too long before the next proper update. Damn painting sisters is fun! :)

Much more fun than painting hundreds of boring Marines, ne?

Yes. Yes, they do, Bjorn. In other words: Race politics have no place on the bolter and chainsword, as they violate the forum rules.

Posted · Hidden by *Furyou Miko, March 9, 2015 - Baiting
Hidden by *Furyou Miko, March 9, 2015 - Baiting

Women of African descent have curly or "kinky" hair. All the Adepta Sororitas have straight hair. Do those with curly hair, spend Emperor knows how much time each day, combing their hair to be straight?

Clearly in the future some have straight hair. Considering there are something like 20 Quadrillion people in the 40k setting I think we can stop assuming what people can and can't have based on modern day assumptions. Chances are there would be a lot of genetic mingling over over 39 millennia.

Basically it's just a silly thing to complain about.

I like it better than "Everyone is Ephrael Stern" white, personally.

Speak for yourself, I perfer the sacred Bleaching myself.  ;)

Your guys are looking great mate.

I have 30 sisters close to finished on my table atm, hope you have not forgotton about our little challenge.

Now get those Immolators painted. ;)

I will say though, tanks arte allot quicker and easier to paint than troops in my eyes.

All of mine are redheads. They were inspired by Jean Grey's Phoenix look. biggrin.png

I like those Odds! They say it's like 1-2% of the population carries the recessive red hair genes, and I imagine in the grimdark it's only gotten more rare as mankind has washed out the gene pool over 38,000 more years. As Ive been researching a SoB army, I've spent hours looking at every female miniature I can out there on the internet, and I've come to the conclusion that painting female hair to look legit must be hard.

I really like your ladies Sith'ari, they look fantastic!

-Brett

Recessive genes aren't going to "wash out" of the gene pool anytime soon. I mean psykers are rarer than hen's teeth and they still pop up all over the place.

The Imperium runs at least 21,028,100,000,000,000 strong. I think having an Order of Sisters who only selects red heads isn't that impossible.

Heck the low ball math thing I did (50% of 1% of 1% of 1% of the entire Imperium) put the number of Battle Sisters at like 10.5 Billion strong (a mere .00005% of the total population, as a comparison that's like having 300 Battle Sisters to the entire population of the United States. It seems like a big number until you realize how comparatively small it is in context).

I think that's still enough to field an order of red heads if someone really wanted. :P

I approve the idea of the Order of the Ginger Ombré. Someone should get one that.

Also, your Sisters are looking awesome, Sith! You've done a great job of keeping like 3 pose models looking individual and awesome.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/KaguraHakubi/Forum%20Comments/MikoBeard_zps188ba7b7.png Wouldn't an Order of redheads get mistaken for the return of the Silent Sisterhood?

It's possible, if we knew how they were recruited.

Of course that'd take the "Gingers have no souls" thing (with all the Sisters of Silence having red hair and being Blanks) to a whole new level.

Archived