Order of the Gilded Pyre *Update 7/10/16

Sith’ari

Make sure to make a Note, even a mental one, about how you perform. I do enjoy reading battle reports, even if they are 3 lines long msn-wink.gif

Kinda want to know how those penitents do too!

• 2 weeks later...

WOOO! Tonight I finished up the Seraphim, which means I'm one unit closer to geting a game in (seriously, it feels like forever since I last played!)

Squad Lanaya

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa130/sangapics13/2dec207b-a8fb-4380-b8ef-6aa600578304_zpsrk50ofof.jpg

The army is really starting to shape up now. Just a three more tanks, five sisters and Saint Celestine to go before I jump right back in and buy another massive box of metal! :lol:

Sure thing!

1) Basecoat all of the areas you want gold with GW Mournfang brown (it's always best to paint gold over brown as it gives it a warmer colour.)

2) Go over the brown with Vallejo Model colour old gold + a drop of Mournfang brown.

3) Wash with Army Painter Soft Tone.

4) Heavily drybrush with VMC Old Gold

5) Lightly drybrush with GW Runefang steel.

And there we go! cool.png

Cheers all!

@sedibear: No probs mate! Talos has helpfully posted up the recipe I use, but I just have to make a quick adjustment as I've recently found out that there are two different VMC Old Golds. The one I use is THIS one.

I haven't tried the other one, but I expect it's completely different. cool.png

Oh yeah!

I've been in a bit of a painting frenzy lately and I now have a shiny new Exorcist to show for it:

The judgement of the faithful

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa130/sangapics13/ef91e27b-6992-4236-ac7f-f2019fc2750a_zpsrvllvhxr.jpg

Once again my photo fu fails me when it comes to taking piccies of tanks! happy.png

Yep and I do use the macro setting, it's just that my camera is reaaaaally old and a piece of junk.

I keep meaning to upgrade it, but I always end up with more mini's instead! laugh.png

It looks like you're too close for the macro to capture the full frame as it can only focus on the nose of the vehicle, try taking it a little further back next time and you should get better results.

Cheers for the tip Katya. I'll have a play about when I get back back from work and see if I cant take some better pics of this beast (seriously, that is one hefty tank!) biggrin.png

Well, I only have Celestine, 5 Sisters, an Immolator and another Exorcist to go and I'm at roughly 1200pts, which means It's time to start thinking about expanding the army out a bit. I know some Melta dominions will definately be on the list and Talos' Retributors & command squad in a bastion sounds like fun.

Hmmm. Decisions... cool.png

• 3 weeks later...

Afternoon all!

So on wednesday, my regular opponent and I decided to celebrate our shiny new gaming board with it's inaugural game Since my 1200pt force is 99% finished, the Gilded Pyre's mechanised crusade rolled out to reclaim a lost shrine from the defilers of Sanctuary 101!

Here's a crappy iPhone pic of the board, all shiny and new:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa130/sangapics13/image.jpg1_zpst8xkjwwg.jpg

The mission was kill points/hammer and anvil and was such an amazingly fun and close game (possibly my favourite out of all the games we've played together.) Despite early losses, I'm pleased to say that faith carried the day and the vile xenos machines were driven back and destroyed (a 9-6 Sororitas victory.) B)

Highlights included:

• Saint Celestine dying after challenging the command barge overlord, then getting right back up the next turn and punking him in round two.
  • A lone Necron warrior defying all laws of time and space and not dying, despite the Seraphim's best efforts (they finally got him three turns later!)
  • A single sister holding up three wraiths in combat, allowing two penitent engines to come in and steamroller them the next turn.

All in all, a cracking game and I can't wait for the next chance to use them! B)

I've had that recently, where despite the odds a damn warboss kept making his 6+ cover save. Third time lucky indeed! :P Your board looks great, sounds like it'll be the first of many good games :) Well on on raising the flag high over the degenerate xenos filth!

• 4 months later...

Hey everyone! It's been a while since my last post, so I hope everybody's well. B)

After that frantic ETL, I took some time off of 40k to enjoy the summer, play some age of sigmar and generally chil. But now with a new year coming up, I'm feeling the need to dive back into that crazy space game of ours once again!

So looking back over the past year, here's what I've managed to paint for my sisters so far:

http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa130/sangapics13/aadf27b0-33eb-42d8-9666-4d287f7b7d71_zps49jokljs.jpg

They stand at roughly 1200pts at the moment and I'm hoping to at least double that this year! So here's a rough list of what I intend to paint at the moment:

A squad of 10 sisters in a rhino.

2x 5 melta dominions in repressors.

A canoness with command

Various imperial agents ( assassins, inquisitors, etc.)

10 repentia.

And loads more, depending on Geedubz and their stock! :lol:

I remember a bit of fluff in a BL novel where a ship's Geller field failed for half a second and there was a incursion of daemons on board that the crew had to repel. When they fought them off and arrived in port the sisterhood sent mercy ships over to care for the crew and were described as a welcomed sight among the crew.

They were also inspecting them for daemon possession and warp taint but lets focus on the positive...msn-wink.gif

• 9 months later...

Hey all! It's been a while. I hope everyone's good! cool.png

http://i.imgur.com/7wj6PGQ.jpg?2

So this mini box of metal goodness arrived on my doorstep this morning, which can only mean that I'm back on the sister's train. I decided that I needed a Canoness, which of course meant that I needed to buy another squad and a rhino to accompany her. laugh.png

I also found them a wicked looking shrine to defend, whilst I was trawling through Amazon's marketplace:

http://i.imgur.com/ySvBadg.jpg?2

Now I just need to find some textured plasticard to build the roof and it's ready to shelter the faithful.

After taking a little break to play some AoS, my regular gaming buddy and myself have planned a narrative campaign that's due to start on Halloween. He's been muttering something about a four armed Emperor or some such heresy, so expect a full purge report soon! happy.png

I also found them a wicked looking shrine to defend, whilst I was trawling through Amazon's marketplace:

Pegasus Gothic building sets - solid stuff. I've got a whole stack of the kits i've collected to build a large shrine, but I keep putting them off because they are so useful in pieces for smaller buildings.

Archived