Casual 30K Hobby Challenge - Month 6 - February

Kor'Vesh

Overdue for a status report.

Alpha Legion

Done all I can this month. They are missing shoulder pads and, although I have some, I am waiting for my Forgeworld order for the majority of the rest of them so there's nothing else I can do with them at this time. Here they are, ready for combat:

http://zedmeister.co.uk/resimg/hh/AL-Progress-090215.jpg

These boys will feature again in the next month as there's the missing pads and weathering to be done.

White Scars

So close, it's going to be hairy getting these finished for Friday. Only thing left to do is a some painting tidy up and transfers. Again, weathering will next month. Here's a sight you don't see. White Scars boarding Marines!

http://zedmeister.co.uk/resimg/hh/WhiteScars-240215.jpg

OMG I TOTALLY FORGOT TO POST THIS HERE!

Finished my Dread for March of the Legions; part of my pledge. 2/5 Models now done!

2 Land Raiders and a Sicarian to go!

image1 (9)

image2 (4)

image3 (2)

image4

image5

Kor Philip is done!

Been awhile since I annoyed myself painting something. Made some right :cuss-ups here. Ah well, least he's not for the Iron Tenth.

11006385_10206121251050001_7915704696621

Pledge done? Pledge done. Victory note.
18081_10206121264330333_6689224150814813

February Week 3 (and a bit) - Update

Hello children of the Heresy!

Well, things may have just become interesting in our little competition. The last few days have seen a rather impressive traitor surge, and despite their low numbers, they are threatening the loyalist camp!

Progress

Week three has seen five completed pledges for the traitors, most impressively with Khârn the Bloody completing fifteen tactical marines for his World Eaters, with suitable levels of gore and splatter. Adding these guys to his previous five red butchers gives an impressive 25 point vow to Horus’ cause. Zedmeister also completed his ten alpha legionaries, plus remaining weapons (I’ve ruled the Alpha's complete now, as docking points for undelivered shoulder pads is a PITA!), securing 11 more points for the heretics. With further completions from Slipstreams, Raktra (Kor Phillip is here), and a brutally weathered IVth legion contemptor from Chaplain Mortis, the traitors really are on the march.

In the loyalist camp the shattered legions maintained their strong showing, with the Salamanders coming to the fore this week. The ever reliable Atia completed her 5 pyroclasts and classy Numeon conversion. Twisty also joined the party with an excellent command squad (loving the banner chief!). *Insert excuses for Kor’Vesh here*. The Xth continue to dominate though, with OMG adding his weight to the push, with the completion of his second vow - an apothecary and Iron Father, each packing a Martian Death Ray. He was ably supported by his Xth Legion brother ROBOcaster, who finalised his vow with an impressive Sicaran and a Gorgon terminator squad – a total of 26 points for ROBOcaster, just beating Khârn the Bloody into second place as most impressive newcomer (MoM still holds this month’s biggest completed vow, with 27 points)! Finally, we saw Kurama complete his Ultramarines recon marines (along with ALL the scenery) and an imposing Spartan from Slipstreams.

So the overall standings are as follows:

Pledges – Traitors 5 – 10 Loyalists

Score – Traitors 50 – 119 Loyalists

New for Feb - Percentages! Seeing as the teams are SO assymetrical, let judge the teams based on their successful completion of vows...

Percentage of pledged score - Traitors  56.2% - 41.9% Loyalists

That’s right, in absolute terms, the loyalists are way out in front, BUT the traitors have kept their honour. They have completed a significantly higher proportion of their pledged points than the loyalists… time to pull our fingers out!

That's it for now guys and girls, three days to go, don’t give the traitors a moral victory!

Kor'Vesh

Percentage of pledged score - Traitors 56.2% - 41.9% Loyalists

That’s right, in absolute terms, the loyalists are way out in front, BUT the traitors have kept their honour. They have completed a significantly higher proportion of their pledged points than the loyalists… time to pull our fingers out!

And the Emperor shed one (and only one), without question, very manly, and I'm talking Chuck Norris level manly, tear. sweat.gif

(Please ignore the Oath Breaker banner below this post. I don't even know how to spell xBox.)

Awesome work so far @ all =)

@ROBOcaster: what did you use for the LC's? Indomitus or Tartarus hands?

Sorry I think I forgot to reply to this when you posted it but I used Tartarus, I had to do some conversion as the shoulder pads didn't fit quite right or in the same place for that matter, but with some green-stuff everything worked out fine.

I lost by one point?! Not in my house! @MindOfMetal I will have my revenge in this month or the next. I think a little Clan feud has just been started. Ferrus Manus would be proud.

There will be a new Legion Champion added to my roster, just for you msn-wink.gif

I lost by one point?! Not in my house! @MindOfMetal I will have my revenge in this month or the next. I think a little Clan feud has just been started. Ferrus Manus would be proud.

Mwhaha, I love it when a plan comes together! The feud wil spur us to future success :)

Now back to my brush...

Hmmm guys I'm not going to succeed still working away and all I have is a compressor and no airbrush, hoping tomorrow when I head home there's a package and airbrush waiting but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Stupid February with its short days

Excellent write up Kor'Vesh...always a pleasure to read :-)

And a moral victory is still a victory haha..

So tempted to pledge another contemptor to this month, less than 3 days it might have to wait to bolster the points for nxt month.

Great looking painting guys, always great for inspiration

Greetings!

I had a terrible last week, the whole family fell ill - nice birthday gift for me - still not as healthy as we want to be :-(
Then a mate, whom we played a historical game, decided to sell away his collection, which was stomach cutting, as I could rely only on him to play with. So now I have a big collection, but without any chance to play with it. :S

Finally I managed to paint up my vow for this month - five Iron Hands ready to punch some traitor faces.

OK, I made a picture (tried jpg), but there is an error message:

"You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."

Did anyone got this too?

So, some completed Iron Hands then. Badly photographed for sure.
Immortals:

gallery_84024_10520_230095.jpg

gallery_84024_10520_158173.jpg
gallery_84024_10520_170753.jpg

Iron Father:

gallery_84024_10520_70976.jpg
gallery_84024_10520_140054.jpg

There might have been a Moritat pledged as well, but a slip on an icy staircase made it painfully obvious that The Flesh is Weak.
Ah well

/Nevindar

Mwhaha, I love it when a plan comes together! The feud wil spur us to future success smile.png

Now back to my brush...

Hummm clan feud you say?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/OwlandMoonGuy/30K%20Iron%20Hands/IMG_3123_zpsji05wzeh.jpg

I might be open to an even friendlier competition among casual competitors.

3/5 models done! This achilles was surprisingly fast to paint, only 2 hours.

Problem is, I've run out of Averland Sunset basecoat! So there will probably be no more yellow on my Two last tanks. Luckily for me, the Phobos I pledged is my Sigismunds Ride! So it along with the Sicarian will be painted in Templar Colors / Black Imperial Fists WOO!

image1 (10)

image2 (6)

image3 (4)

Look at that lazy weathering!

Double Posting. BUT! Finished model 4/5 

image1 (11)

image2 (7)

image3 (5).JPG

Just the Sicarian left to finish now!

I shall yet remain a Champion of the VIIth with unbroken vows!

...unless theres a sudden disaster that doesn't permit me to finish...

Ah, I love the last minute loyalist completion landslide. StruManChu is due in any hour now :)

Excellent write up Kor'Vesh...always a pleasure to read :-)

Thank you sir. It's great to know people like what I'm doing, and see the challenge being so successful!

What's this? Inter-legion ruckus? Count me in.

Ok, next month I'm totally scoring an Iron Hand clan war :)

You guys are just now hopping on *that* boat?

We dark angels have been at inter legion ruckus for a while now...

Let's see some pledges in March then Dark Angel... Or are you boys still unsure which side you are batting for? :P haha, seriously though Depth, you gonna play next month? Would be good to have your first legion boys on these pages!

Archived