Casual 30K Hobby Challenge - Month 6 - February

Kor'Vesh

February totally belongs to the X Legion... Just sayin'...

Quick update from me... I've been sick as a dog for the last week, so while I've been home/off work for six out of the last seven days, I haven't got much done.

Fortunately, much of what I have to do is undercoat things black!

Shot of my Spartan's interior -

gallery_67188_10431_149642.jpg

And a WIP of everything so far for this month's vow, which doesn't look like that much actually...

gallery_67188_10431_162151.jpg

The bases and stuff that I ordered back in January from a certain East-England based giant Gaming retailer finally arrived today, so I'll be doing that over the next week or so. I'm playing with 'Realistic Water' for the first time, so that'll be fun...

unsure.png

I Chaplain Mortis....who has been rubbish so far at the casual challenge,

Pledge this month..1 x contemptor dreadnought for the might of the IV legion..

Can post pics here of un-primed models or just take a quick peek at my w.i.p thread...

Fantastic painting and modelling going on here guys!

Doing 30k proud

Update:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/OwlandMoonGuy/30K%20Iron%20Hands/IMG_3092_zpsoiwzk9ym.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v699/OwlandMoonGuy/30K%20Iron%20Hands/IMG_3093_zpslxmmiqir.jpg

Hey Brothers and Traitor Scums,

very nice works and how fast do you do all such great things.

On my two pledges i could test some things and schemes.

If someone could tell me how I can upload pictures from my phone , I like to share with you my progress.

Do you have a home computer? If you do, heres what I do.

Send the pics to yourself via email, save them on your computer then create a gallery album on the forum.

From there select your album and choose upload pictures (then choose the pictures you want from your pc.

Then enter your album, right click the photo and select a size. It will come up and you just have to copy and then paste it into your post here. And voila

Hey Brothers and Traitor Scums,

very nice works and how fast do you do all such great things.

On my two pledges i could test some things and schemes.

If someone could tell me how I can upload pictures from my phone , I like to share with you my progress.

Do you have a home computer? If you do, heres what I do.

Send the pics to yourself via email, save them on your computer then create a gallery album on the forum.

From there select your album and choose upload pictures (then choose the pictures you want from your pc.

Then enter your album, right click the photo and select a size. It will come up and you just have to copy and then paste it into your post here. And voila

I have a home computer, but at the moment its little difficult to use it.

Thx for the decleration, i try it with the phone. Little fiddly but okay:

med_gallery_13390_772_468447.jpg

med_gallery_13390_772_250451.jpg

I've managed to highlight some red, white and green this week... Progress is slow! Go shattered legions! 

we aren't shattered, and we're not retreating; we're advancing in a different direction! :P

February Week 2 - Update

Just a brief update this week guys and girls, so I won't run down all the teams again. However I will welcome our new competitors:

For Horus, chief traitor and aspiring ruler of the Galaxy we have two new additions, the legendary Brother Vidius, hero of January, and Chaplain Mortis. Both serve the might IVth Legion Astartes, Iron Warriors, and adding a contemptor dreadnought to their respective forces.

For the Emperor, rightful ruler of the Imperium and beakon of hppe in the darkness of the warp, we have Nevindar, a self confessed novice, battling for the honourable "Iron" Xth Legion Astartes, Iron Hands. Despite his trepidation, Nevidar has pledged five medusan immortals, a moritat and an Iron Father - we know Ferrus would be proud brother!

Progress

Week two has seen our first completions for the traitors, with Khârn the Bloody completing five red butchers (excellent work on them too!) scoring the Heretics ten points for their cause. Meanwhile the loyalists have been progressing in style, with the Iron Tenth in particular performing exceptionally: 60 points worth of Iron Hands models have been completed thus far for the Iron Hands between ROBOcaster, OMG, Raktra and Mind of Metal, with plenty more on the way. The Shattered Legions in general have performed well, with the Raven Guard, under the command of the ninja-like Jeremy1391, provinding two completed vows and 11 points. Us Salamanders will hopefully be chipping in soon too...

So the overall standings are as follows:

Pledges – Traitors 0 – 5* Loyalists

*With an additional pledge completed and risked by OMG

Score – Traitors 10 – 75 Loyalists

New for Feb - Percentages! Seeing as the teams are SO assymetrical, let judge the teams based on their successful completion of vows...

Percentage of pledged score - Traitors  11.5% - 26.6% Loyalists

That's it for now guys and girls, I have an hour or two to paint now! For Vulkan!

Kor'Vesh

It is good to see, that the Tenth is mustering in force this month. Horus will need to change his Terminator-pants when he sees our iron might coming for him!

I'm working lately on finishing the painting on my two remaining 40k armies. As I don't want to make any upgrade on then in the near future, it would be good to have them finished. At least, they would deserve it :-)

After a tank and a demi-platoon I have squeezed the five Legionaries into the schedule, and they are now in a 50% stage. Next week I will have some things to do, but I'm actually confident, that they will be finished until the weekend.

http://i.imgur.com/DI6gabl.jpg?1

Two guys nearly done, just need some weathering and touch ups before they can join my captain in the field. I also realized how much I need a new lighting setup after trying to take one simple picture of these two..  

Hey guys..hope everyone is doing well this month,

Quick update...got the base colours down, just a few washes and highlights to go before the weathering stages.

Hope to have the main body done by the weekend and then a few more days to finish the arms.

Go team Horus!!

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/chaplainmortis/Mobile%20Uploads/20150216_202944_resized.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y2/chaplainmortis/Mobile%20Uploads/20150216_203013_resized.jpg

Chaplain Mortis - great to see progress! I've just discovered your thread, I haven't looked through everything, but the recent tartoros termites are fantastic, so I'm excited for the dread to be completed.

Atia - excellent as ever. I think mine measure up pretty well to yours, but I really do love the tone of green, the intensity of the flame and the red helmet stripe. Is Numeon in progress already?

Twisty and salamander Bob - great to see more boys in green, and they are looking stylish! Thanks, along with Atia, for bringing them to the forum thus month, I'm not sure I'll manage much as works things are going a bit mad!

Sanguinata, no problem! I'm gonna swap my sicaran for a rhino... Want to save the points dense tank fit the ETL...

Archived