Casual 30K Hobby Challenge - Month 6 - February

Kor'Vesh

Good to see you back Vidius! My week one update is on page 6, near the bottom. The traitors are... missing your input? Essentially, this challenge is sucking in more peopl each month, which is awesome - unfortunately there is a strong loyalist bias.

Any decent suggestions to solve this problem would be welcome!

ROBOcaster - excellent work! Between you, OMG, Raktra and MoM the Xth are on a serious march in February!

Also  just wanted to say thanks to everyone for putting this challenge together and participating in it since joining I have become super motivated to paint again and an really happy with the work I'm putting out.

Make me settle on a traitor legion and write my dissertation for me so I have time to paint? Please? :P

Death Guard or Night Lords strike me as nice foils to the salamanders, for obvious fluff reasons. Quite different to paint both of them as well. But I don't have any idea what you are looking for in your traitors. As for dissertations, I'm done with that now! Never again!

Also  just wanted to say thanks to everyone for putting this challenge together and participating in it since joining I have become super motivated to paint again and an really happy with the work I'm putting out.

Well it's great fun to run, and seems to be helping us churn out some awesome models! Glad it's got you motivated ROBO.

Thanks Kor'Vesh. Had a quick look at the numbers and it would appear the Traitors are fighting a lost cause this month! I've only got a Contemptor to paint this month so I'll pledge that.

Pledged. So, I'm wondering whether I should start creating random teams rather than loyalist versus traitor? It's less intuitive, and less open for amusing smack talk, and also more work for me, BUT it would allow a better balance of the teams and improve competition element of the thread... Maybe I should start a thread about it to get ideas from the forum at large. Thoughts?

I'm happy to have my stuff all counted as Traitor pledges if you like, seeing as I jump between. My Berserkers colour scheme has strong similarities to the Iron Hands anyway, so my vehicles could be ambiguous.

I'm happy to have my stuff all counted as Traitor pledges if you like, seeing as I jump between. My Berserkers colour scheme has strong similarities to the Iron Hands anyway, so my vehicles could be ambiguous.

EEP, HERETIC!

Dominus in tempore necessitatis illius cum ipso.

Sacra vota oblitus tui, neque daemones, ne eis tentationem quamvis sit in tenebris.

Sorry, just had to say a chant of sanctity for your soul msn-wink.gif

Thought of the day:

The emperor washes out all darkness.

Even traitor puppies.

Here are my completed Red Butchers:

http://s14.postimg.org/89ltgke9t/103_2040.jpg

http://s15.postimg.org/4lp2dutzv/103_2042.jpg

http://s15.postimg.org/omot32icb/103_2041.jpg

Sadly, I'm having an exham next week and am also waiting for my new paints to arrive.

I'm not sure I'll manage to paint that 15 Tacticals by the end of the month.

As I have finished my first pledge, I'm going to pledge 3 more models (as I'm off on holiday next week I'm keeping it small enough that I have a chance of doing it).

A primus medicae, a siege breaker and the Praevian below (I know the rules aren't official yet, but it fits with my army and hopefully this build will be reasonable).

gallery_80005_10378_11091.jpg

Power sword, cyber familiar, artificer armour and boarding shield. Boarding shields giving the Castellax unit defensive grenades, the praevian giving them inviolate armour (which is horrible) and just generally being a reasonable combatant.

Going to go for it here, gonna add 5 Gorgons to my pledge. Here they are proof I have only primed them. Sicarain is still a WIP but i figured Id add these to paint while I wait for the Sicarian to dry.

http://i.imgur.com/QPiAeoal.jpg

Some really nice progress in this thread and some nice paint jobs. Lots of legions being built up

Little progress update from me: Currently painting my Alpha Legion shoulder pads, just finished the base and next it's time to break out the airbrush to get the nice Pearlescent blue effect going. I reckon I should be finished with the Alphas pretty soon.

I've been making progress on my White Scars as well - been attempting a new subtle blending/glazing technique which was surprisingly quicker than the layering I was doing before. I've done some tests on a few of their Shoulder Pads. Any thoughts or comments?

http://zedmeister.co.uk/resimg/hh/WhiteScars-Progress-110215.jpg

Archived