Horus Heresy Weekender 2015 news: Book V Tempest

Atia

Also, the Praevian gives the Battle-Automata taken with him Legions Astartes (insert legion here) with the SoH, EC, DG, NL, WB and RG additional options for them - some restricted to Castellax; such as Banestrike Ammo, Chem Munitions, Fleet & Infiltrate (RG), Sonic Shriekers, etc.

This thread is exhausting and I decided to turn-in around 1:00 AM last night. wacko.png

So back to the Praevian - does the legion list here purposely excluded the Iron Hands? Maybe they felt w/the LA(IH) rules it was too much to impart them to a Castallax, etc.? It would be a drag if they didn't at least come up with some kind of consolation prize.

Anyway, if anyone sees a more comprehensive list of their rules I'd be in your debt.

And thanks again to everyone who contributed the blow-by-blow in this thread. Very much appreciated! thumbsup.gif

Nope, Iron Hands can still get Castellax with Legiones Astartes: Iron Hands, it's just some Legions have clarifiers for how their rules apply (e.g for Night Lords, Castellax count as 3 models for their special rules) & some also can give castellax special equipment (like banestrike rounds on the bolters).

So yeah, now with Head of the Gorgon, you can have 3 units of Battle Automata in your army, one of which has the Iron Hands Legion rules, and you get a super fluffy HQ too (someone on Heresy 30k said the -1 Str basically makes the Castellax immune to bolters devil.gif )

Unfortunately, I don't think the extra options also include being able to swap out the Castellax' flamers for Graviton Guns like you can with Iron Hands infantry unsure.png

Also, the Praevian gives the Battle-Automata taken with him Legions Astartes (insert legion here) with the SoH, EC, DG, NL, WB and RG additional options for them - some restricted to Castellax; such as Banestrike Ammo, Chem Munitions, Fleet & Infiltrate (RG), Sonic Shriekers, etc.

This thread is exhausting and I decided to turn-in around 1:00 AM last night. :wacko:

So back to the Praevian - does the legion list here purposely excluded the Iron Hands?  Maybe they felt w/the LA(IH) rules it was too much to impart them to a Castallax, etc.?  It would be a drag if they didn't at least come up with some kind of consolation prize.

Anyway, if anyone sees a more comprehensive list of their rules I'd be in your debt.

And thanks again to everyone who contributed the blow-by-blow in this thread.  Very much appreciated! :tu:

I think it means the Battle Automata would get LA: IH, but the ones listed have other options they can take on top of that: they can take Banestrike ammo if they're with SoH, guessing Chem Munitions for DG, that kinda thing. Could be wrong.

my soul weeps at the sight of the stone and iron page........and the nothing. Damn Ultra's stealing all the glory in the 41st and 30th milleniums with their "and the greatest of them all" shenanigans. I guess old habits die hard eh?

I think this is enough to send my whole chapter of fists renegade. Here I come Horus, just dont slaneeshi me up! 

Edit: JKJKJK Death to the enemies of the emperor, glory be his name, da pacem and all that chaps.

DimDim

On the Praevian with LA:IH - I am a happy, happy camper. Especially seeing as I have an irrational hatred of things like Wraithknights. Suck it, Eldar.

On Guilliman - hehehe, I can't wait for Slips to wake up.

Hmm. I understand the reasoning of hyping Calth/Shadow Crusade, but I wish they would just take some more time to catch up on other stuff. Finish the legion upgrade kits they need, make some more characters (Sigismund), and just generally have the groundwork for the Heresy set in stone before moving on. But I'm still satisfied with these reports and look forward to the future... of the past!

Hmm. I understand the reasoning of hyping Calth/Shadow Crusade, but I wish they would just take some more time to catch up on other stuff. Finish the legion upgrade kits they need, make some more characters (Sigismund), and just generally have the groundwork for the Heresy set in stone before moving on. But I'm still satisfied with these reports and look forward to the future... of the past!

Well, considering the Word Bearers are already sorted miniature, Calth may actually give the FW team time to fill in any gaps, doubly so considering when Book 6 is released, all 3 Legions should already have been done (Ultras, WBs & WEs)

Well Samus is a demon so might be used by all traitor forces, and is in the next book anyway (book 6), and 1 dreadnought isn't going to detract their attention for too long. Plus, it's already completed so it's not in their way anymore.

Yeah but that's nothing compared to having to make their contemptor variant, chest & head upgrade packs, shoulder pads, rhino doors, land raider doors & Primarch - you can probably expect 2 special characters & 1 Legion specific unit per book (FW have said Samus might actually for the Shadow Crusade book) for each Legion, which is still considerably less than having to pump out stuff for an entirely new Legion

Mixed bag for me, not a fan of the Stormbird (for reasons I can't quite decide) Samus looks like a Skaven model, Guilliman however looks incredible...

Shame there were no Iron Warriors previewed

Gutted that Guilliman is out before the 4 primarchs we are still waiting for. Don't get me wrong, its a lovely sculpt, but it kind of feels like the AL, RG and, ironically as in fluff so in real life, the IW are just being pushed to the side and forgotten, with no new models or characters and just a few token pads while the Ultras reap loads of new models and a primarch.

And they wonder why the 4th are bitter...

The Ultras hardly got loads of new models. They were shown an upgrade kit (same as the Ravens were) and their Primarch. Also, are we even 100% Guilliman is next? Because he looked quite far off finished.

The Ultras hardly got loads of new models. They were shown an upgrade kit (same as the Ravens were) and their Primarch. Also, are we even 100% Guilliman is next? Because he looked quite far off finished.

Still a lot when compared to the rest of the legions that have been waiting for models for . It just feels like they are rushing to the next cash grab and not finishing what they've started. Given the amount of new stuff they've shown off this weekend they surely could have knocked together a squad of Mor Deythan or tyrant terminators rather than some of the other things for 2 books in the future.

I went to the games day seminars two years ago (last one before it changed to warhammer fest) and they showed Horus but they showed less than they did for Guilliman, yet he was the next Primarch out.

Archived