Horus Heresy Weekender 2015 news: Book V Tempest

Atia

Eh, the Fists have gotten just as much as the Night Lords have, faster than the Night Lords did, and unlike the Night Lords, the VII still has stuff on the way.

I think Incinerator is rubbing off on me because my reaction can be summed up by "eh".

Honestly, I was looking forward to Word Bearers, Raven Guard and (more)Alpha Legion.

I agree that the IVth and XIXth are not as lucky as us VIIth release-wise, having received virtually nothing so far. Also, I completely disagree with Forge World releasing stuff for the next two books when there's still stuff from Book 3 that isn't done (they even said that Book 4 was supposed to give them time to catch up), no matter how pretty it is.

Anyway, honestly, we Imperial Fist lovers have nothing to complain about, what with the release of two unique squads, full sets of shoulder pads, and a special character.

But then again, I was so very excited at the the prospect of seeing Dorn at the Weekender... :ermm:

The Iron Warriors did get an event day miniature. 

they already have 40k shoulder pads from GW which easily work for the Heresy.

the RG got a dread with tatts and projected shoulder pad accessories. No characters or Primarchs.

and FW can take this "They did address Guilman coming before the Book 3 Primarchs - essentially it was a combo of 1) the first three books having 12 Primarchs, and not having the scope to sculpt them all at once with all the other units they have to do, and 2) they need a figurehead for the Calth book as a release, which is either Lorgar or Guillman (and Lorgar already has a model)" and shove it, thats a cop out excuse at best. 
1)  if they expanded their sculpters they could easily have this done

2) they dont need a figure head when the previous books are incomplete. Thats like not finishing building car but adding really sweet rims to the tires. Who cares if everything else is incomplete.

WLK

the RG got a dread with tatts and projected shoulder pad accessories. No characters or Primarchs.

and FW can take this "They did address Guilman coming before the Book 3 Primarchs - essentially it was a combo of 1) the first three books having 12 Primarchs, and not having the scope to sculpt them all at once with all the other units they have to do, and 2) they need a figurehead for the Calth book as a release, which is either Lorgar or Guillman (and Lorgar already has a model)" and shove it, thats a cop out excuse at best. 

2) they dont need a figure head when the previous books are incomplete. Thats like not finishing building car but adding really sweet rims to the tires. Who cares if everything else is incomplete.

WLK

Also on 1) I might accept that as a partial excuse if we actually had some units of models from the other three legions in book 3, but we don't. They've jumped into producing a new legion and a new army in the SA without finishing the stuff that was already released rules wise

WLK

Also on 1) I might accept that as a partial excuse if we actually had some units of models from the other three legions in book 3, but we don't. They've jumped into producing a new legion and a new army in the SA without finishing the stuff that was already released rules wise

very true.

I was telling a friend yesterday that every time I see a SA or Ad Mech model released prior to any of Books 1-3, I feel as if FW is simply telling me my RG arent worth their time.

WLK

At the VERY least, we know that Simon Egan is working on Corax. https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=639307049508631&id=286693148103358

Yea, the ideal of getting Corax possibly in the near future maybe is going to have to be good enough...

WLK

Gulliman looks right on track! Weird it was him revealed and not one with rules but so be it. I feel (hope) that Raven Guard and Iron Warrior kits are close to being finished, and will pop up in the blog in a few weeks, and go on sale soon after -- as if Forge World knew they were coming down the pipe so instead focused on stuff in Book 5 and beyond. I'm probably wrong.

I think I'd be more upset though if I was still set on Raven Guard and their special units.

The feeling we may see Dorn at Terra. Guess that's going to be one 2018 2019? :-)

Nooo, Sigismund will be the IF Terra release.

We'll see Dorn in 2020 for the Iron Cage book, IW's should get some shoulder pads by then. :p

Im just so pumped that I can try bring the Genesis chapter alive in 30k

I keep considering doing a 40k chapter in their 30k company, currently looking at Praetors of of Orpheus or Patriarchs of Ulixis, but Alpha Legion is kind of my choice atm. Problem with Ultramarines is there character is so vanilla but they also seem to take a back seat to the greater heresy, first chance he gets Guilliman forms a second Imperium and appoints a new Emperor and barely makes any attempt at contacting forces outside of his own little world.

Archived