Dantioch

Sorry, not much of a big update this week painting wise due to uni work. I though I would have a quick update on what has been happening hobby wise as you can see above I got most of my FW order which I'm chuffed about and I managed to order a copy of Tallarn: Ironclad biggrin.png

Here is what I'm working on just now:

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah131/Dantioch/WIP%203%20figs_zpsquhhizzt.jpg

Hoping to finish up the next Legionary today/tomorrow and start work on the apothecary. After that I'll start work on my Contemptor which I'm really excited about. Absolutely love the Iron Warriors Contemptor the detail on it it is incredible, It's going to be a treat to paint. smile.png

Hey, its great that you have decided to get the Iron Warriors own dreadnought, what weapons were you planning to showcase it with?

Also with all the new resin kits you've picked up do you plan on doing a few conversions here and there to add a personal twist on your army?

So my copy of Extermination arrived today so now I can properly begin to expand my Grand Battalion's history so expect to see some of that soon. I got Conquest when it released as I knew whichever Legion I picked I would be adding the Solar Auxilia to it so I held off buying any of the Isstvan trilogy books until I had fully decided which Legion I would commit too. I think I'll spend tonight going through it and continue building my battalions history biggrin.png Just waiting on the autocannons for my Deredeo and I should be set to continue the first part of my Legion force.

Eh you got the contemptor almost ready!

Nice one brother

Hope to see it its iron hide with paint on sharpish ;-)

Gonna see about ordering Tallarn..Ironclad myself.

Keep it up Dantioch

Thanks, can't wait to start my contemptor but I am trying to finish what I've got primed at the moment before I start it. I've said this before but it is my favourite looking model and hope to do it justice. Your own contemptors are looking bloody brilliant so far, they're just making me more excited to start my own biggrin.png

Hey, its great that you have decided to get the Iron Warriors own dreadnought, what weapons were you planning to showcase it with?

Also with all the new resin kits you've picked up do you plan on doing a few conversions here and there to add a personal twist on your army?

Yeah, the Iron Warriors contemptor looks incredible. I'm arming it with a power fist and multi-melta but It wont be the only dreadnought I'll be doing so the next ones I'll get will be armed differently. Thinking of having a few to fit different roles within my army.

Conversion wise I'll be using the Iron Hands heads to customise my tactical squads and I've got some different kits to create my Warmsith and the parts to create a Terran born veteran sergeant, I also hope to convert my own Consul-Praevian down the line. Love the idea of the consul controlling the dread machines of the Legio Cybernetica biggrin.png

Sorry guys been a bit busy this week not made much progress but Tallarn: Ironclad arrived today can't wait to start it, the artwork in it is pretty incredible.

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah131/Dantioch/cont_zpsxnrwixtt.jpg

Used a decal from the Sons of Horus sheet to represent the Warmaster's service honour from Conquest. He does look a bit patchy in the photo though, in person it doesn't look as weird.

Likewise. Not even FW had bothered to post pictures of their IW Contemptor painted. Looking forward to seeing what you can do with that model (which I actually like).

Yeah, it's a bit weird haven't seen a FW painted version at any of their the event pics definitely a missed opportunity. The model itself is so cool fits the Iron Warrior aesthetic perfectly biggrin.png

Haha...the contemptor is moving up the painting list!
Such a cool model

Couldn't help myself haha, I'm thinking of pledging my Deredeo for the next hobby challenge. Got the Dreadnought painting bug biggrin.png

Looking great! I've been on the fence on how I feel about the IW Contemptor, mostly because I haven't really seen any painted up. It seems like there's a lot of ways you could go with it due to the patchwork appearance of its armour. Looks like you're doing it some pretty solid justice though :D

Looking good. I like the lenses in particular.

Keep up the good work.

Dallo

Thanks Dallo, I'm glad you like the lenses. I did my best to make them stand out from the armour.

Looking great! I've been on the fence on how I feel about the IW Contemptor, mostly because I haven't really seen any painted up. It seems like there's a lot of ways you could go with it due to the patchwork appearance of its armour. Looks like you're doing it some pretty solid justice though biggrin.png

Thanks brother biggrin.png The armour will definitely give me opportunities to make each Dreadnought different if I get another IW Legion one.

Dreadnoughts are just the best thing ever.

Whats better than a ruthless and bitter warrior trapped in a walking tank? haha biggrin.png Can't wait to add more to my growing army.

Great work! Now that I've seen someone paint it I think the helmet actually looks good, it never really looked right in the forgeworld pictures for me but you've done it justice.

Cheers Operative, I would love to get a similar helmet design for use with the standard marines from FW

The Dread is coming along great!

Your really doing the model justice, so much so that im thinking of getting one..

Deffo pledge in the casual competition! IVth legion need to stick together ;-)

Cant wait to see this bad boy painted!

Thanks a lot Mortis, I would love to see what you would do with the IW Dread after seeing your recent Contemptors biggrin.png

Just planning my pledge just now, the more Iron Warriors the better!

Didn't have much time to paint today unfortunately so I started working on my pledge for this months hobby challenge. I am trying to make each of my marines as unique as possible, going from the info in Extermination where it says each Legionary within the Legion is required to be an artisan of metal. Which I imagine each Legionary adding their own improvements to their equipment.   

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah131/Dantioch/IW%20Pledge%201_zpsxe97xgnb.jpg

You've pulled it off again, yet another amazing model, your use of different kits really makes your models stand out and gives you a style all your own which I really like.

Also I would never have guessed that Iron Hands and Death Guard Kits could blend so well to create a model that still has the look and feel of an Iron Warriors Legionary.

Archived