Dantioch

Hello brothers/sisters! Tomorrow I'll have all day to work on the Legion so hopefully I'll get half my pledge assembled and maybe finish the dreadnought body biggrin.png

Looking good Dantioch. I'm guessing that's a Death Guard torso? I like how the open pose shows off the uniqueness of the torso.

Dallo

Thanks Dallo, yeah its the Death Guard torso. I was originally going to equip him with a bolter but I didn't want to cover up all that detail. biggrin.png

You've pulled it off again, yet another amazing model, your use of different kits really makes your models stand out and gives you a style all your own which I really like.

Also I would never have guessed that Iron Hands and Death Guard Kits could blend so well to create a model that still has the look and feel of an Iron Warriors Legionary.

Thanks Brother, those upgrade packs are the closest I think we're going to get too IW upgrades for a while smile.png

The contemptor is looking great so far, and I love the new guy. Keep it up mate.

Thanks Hydra, it was after I saw your thread I felt the need to give my marines a more dynamic pose biggrin.png

The Contemptor looks a bit too shiny for now though. Perhaps liberal application of weathering powder is in order? tongue.png

It doesn't look as shiny in the flesh ( or should I say Iron?). Still scared to use weathering powders haha laugh.png

Loving the work,will keep an eye on this

Cheers Altis!

That guy up there's just finalised my idea for some Iron Hands Destroyers. Inadvertent kudos to you, sir.

Glad to help Raktra biggrin.png Looking forward to seeing it!

This has been a really great army log Dantioch :D

The Contemptor looks a bit too shiny for now though. Perhaps liberal application of weathering powder is in order? tongue.png

It doesn't look as shiny in the flesh ( or should I say Iron?). Still scared to use weathering powders haha laugh.png

i

Forge World weather powder really great. It worth talking to the FW staff on useing weather powder, they help me out a lot when I was useing it for my own Iron Warriors. From what once I should use, base upon the way I paint the base for my models. There also the model masterclass books which Forge World sell, Vol:2 has a lot on useing weather powder

Bundle

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Modelling-Supplies/MODELLING_MASTERCLASS_BOOK_BUNDLE.html

Vol1

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Modelling-Supplies/IMPERIAL-ARMOUR-MODEL-MASTERCLASS-VOLUME-ONE.html

Vol2

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/Modelling-Supplies/IMPERIAL_ARMOUR_MODEL_MASTERCLASS_VOLUME_TWO.html

Since useing weather powder I've never really look back. It just add a lot to the models & tanks in my view.

Couldn't find the time to get my Dread finished but made some slight progress on it. I tacked together my pledge marines to see how they look. Thoughts?

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah131/Dantioch/photo%202%205_zpstiwmjkei.jpg

http://i1379.photobucket.com/albums/ah131/Dantioch/photo%201%205_zps82nm9b7k.jpg

The more of those awesome dreads I' m seeing, the more I feel the need to build one from every freaking legion...

Also I have to admit I was a bit unconvinced about the IW one, but yours proves that it looks great with right shading.

Great work, I especially like the middle marine the mixed armour marks work well.

Also I don't know if its down to perspective but are those terminator sized bases?

Thanks Operative, it's the 32mm bases they do look a lot bigger form that angle though biggrin.png

contemptor is looking cool. on a side note i always thought the iron warrior contemptor reminds me of a giant bug huh.png

Thanks brother, I've never noticed it before but now that you say it..... laugh.png

The more of those awesome dreads I' m seeing, the more I feel the need to build one from every freaking legion...

Also I have to admit I was a bit unconvinced about the IW one, but yours proves that it looks great with right shading.

Yeah I was a bit unsure of the IW dread when I first saw it, but actually having it in front of me it is a nice but brutal looking kit.

I know the feeling before I started Iron Warriors every other legion dread was drawing me to that legion especially that Sons of Horus one... biggrin.png

Your IW Contemptor variant is the first I've seen that I like the look of. The others I've seen haven't made me feel anything for it thumbsup.gif

Very nice progress so far happy.png

Looking good! Can't help but feel that it needs some edge highlights to break up the armour plates. In that last picture especially, the face detail is lost in the mass of iron.

Thanks man! I agree with you, I'll definitely need to go back in and make the helmet pop a bit more biggrin.png

I'm liking the hazard stripes. I'm a bit confused by the armament though. I thought melta was generally used less in 30k due to the availability of armoured ceramite? Looks good though.

Dallo

Thanks Dallo, I'm just going with the rule of cool and I'm noting down some fluff concerning my battalion fighting a shattered Legion and Imperial army force. So I imagine this dread tearing into army armoured units biggrin.png

Cracking work on the dread Dantioch...nice to see it coming together

And looks even better with his mates around him!

Great stuff...hope all is going to plan for the monthly challenge? :-)

Thanks again Brother I really appreciate it! Just cleaning up the Deredeo just now and I hope I'll be able to spend all of Wednesday priming and basecoating my pledge biggrin.png

I can't wait to see you get some paint on those vehicles in your scheme.

Also do you have any hazard striping tips?

Thanks, when it comes to painting hazard stripes ( I know everyone says this haha) just use really thin layers.

Over on chaplain mortis' thread he recommended micro masking tape and I definitely second that suggestion because before I was trying to cut up masking tape to get the size I needed haha

I start with "Averland Sunset" using several thin layers until I get a nice solid basecoat with it,then I go over that with more thinned layers of "Yriel Yellow".

Once you've achieved a nice solid and smooth yellow I wash it with "Reikland Fleshshade". If needed I paint more Yriel yellow so the wash is just in the recesses and areas that require shading.

Hope this helps Black_out biggrin.png

Archived