XIth: Wardens of Light - Destined to be forgotten

MikhalLeNoir
Go to solution Solved by MikhalLeNoir,

Good that you ask^^. Yes they do, but those coming with Gwal change from blue to black.

The destroyers are labeled with black colors prior to show their " unhonorable" approach. And the late wardens see themselves dishonored. As well as gwal. Not sure if guaire changes colors^^

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

Is Guaire one of the old Apostles?

You could have a section of the Wardens stand apart from Gwal at the Siege, highlighting just how far their paths have diverged (ad heightening Gwal's sorrow at how brutally his sons act in the aftermath(

Guaire is in effect THE apostle. He was their leader until disaster took place. I had meros on writing it but with his withdrawal it is kinda lost.

Their is a battle in canonverse and broverse which defines thr apostles heavily.

In canon guaire amalasan makes the right choices and his confidence and arrogance is bolstered. He is the one who brings their primarch to fall and delivers the.killing blow to gwal.

In broverse the same mission goes wrong. Guaire is nearly killed by orks, ripped apart and loses both arms and one leg, awakening the pariah gene in him and his then shunned by his legion as he is the first to ever awaken the gene. He is not confident and lost everthing. Whem gwal is found he "frees" the pariahs and give them their place in the legion. Guiare becomes here his most loyal follower who stays even on his side when half of the legion leaves. However he sees no fault in his actions and so i am not sure if he changes the blue with black.

While the new raptors look cool, I really do not understand why GW didn't build the plastic kit based on the old metal ones.

Yeah, to be that is the biggest mystery in GW product policy. Those were so damn awesome. Make them with.this design and modular...my dream unit. Now I have to beg if those jump packs can be casted or hunt down resin ones for ridiculous prices because the metal ones are to heavy for plastic minis.

The new artwork is very cool, I specially like the blood effect in the water. About the raptor jump packs I'm pretty sure that with your skill you could sculpt one and cast it to have more!

Now i am getting red^^. I will have a try at them. Maybe I could make the Raptor pads like those in the artworks. But casting must be made by someone.else. i can't cast anything. I can't even use proper instanmould techniques to copy front and backside of a model

You may be able able to get away with metal jump packs if you're really committed to it. I've used metal arms on plastic bodies and you can compensate with weight on the base, either in the form of actual rocks mixed in with basing material or weights glued to the underside.

You may be able able to get away with metal jump packs if you're really committed to it. I've used metal arms on plastic bodies and you can compensate with weight on the base, either in the form of actual rocks mixed in with basing material or weights glued to the underside.

Arms are possible, however the jumppacks are huge&heavy and i am not sure if i can find enough weight to balance them out. But I may give it a try.

• 2 weeks later...

So, after hitting a wall with the blind primarch, I decided to give myself a pause ( damn you elbow protectors) and try something else and I remembered that Isengrin challenged me...

861950_sm-.jpg

Good thing: I took a lot of photos and I might be able to make a tutorial out of this^^

And yes, he is far from finished^^

Damn I still remember when I didn't like truescale, but with so many good sculptors in B&C I might even have to give it a go... Looking forward to see him finished, he's looking great, specially the rivets.

Looking beautiful!

Thx man, means a lot. Your Termis were one of the greatest sources of inspiration.

Damn I still remember when I didn't like truescale, but with so many good sculptors in B&C I might even have to give it a go... Looking forward to see him finished, he's looking great, specially the rivets.

Thx and yeah, have a go at it. I was always awstrucked when I saw them, never thought I would be able to truscale but with all those great kits recently released it is so easy. Even if you were not the great sculptor you are traitor, with the custodes and termilegs you can easily achieve truscale. However...to me it was a way of no return. I simoly can't do the old scale anymore. I quickly assembled the termi above in normal scale to try the pose out....that looked ridiculously silly to me.

So, after hitting a wall with the blind primarch, I decided to give myself a pause ( damn you elbow protectors) and try something else and I remembered that Isengrin challenged me...

That I did, and it seems to me you've more than risen to the occasion. The additional bonding studs are a great touch!

That I did, and it seems to me you've more than risen to the occasion. The additional bonding studs are a great touch!

Dankeschön^^.

Awesome true scale terminator! Really crisp GS work and great additions with the rivets. Will he be armed similarly like your other one or something different this time?

Thx man, I bought about 30k rivets via nailart studio design and wanted to test them out. Happy that it came out so well.

He get's another setup because the other will be the leader of the bunch (and part of a killteam).

This guy gets an autocannon and power fist.

862226_sm-.jpg

Fine work is now at hand. Sanding down and filling gaps with gs. Also the skirt is missing. No warden without a skirt^^.

Hope I can write down the tutorial tomorrow.

While I think that he's looking really good I think that with the truescale resize the power fist looks a bit small now and should also be bulked. And yes please, a tutorial on how to do this would be awesome!