Word Bearers of the 32nd Host - Projects by the Prophet

The Prophet

Alright, sorry about the In-your-face-sized first picture of the dreadnought, but I tried to make it smaller. Even after editing I can't make it work. Maybe it's just his titan attitude.

I don't mind the size at all! He's a great conversion for sure. Well done, prophet!

I can't believe no-one is looking at your thread - you're one of the icons of the XVII legion on the interwebs. Please show us your church on tracks!!!

That is a really nice conversion - very fitting with the army style, matches well with the other models I can see in this thread so it's quite inspiring. Really like the "eye" cluster on the dread adds a real quirky "maddening" look to him.

I don't mind the size at all! He's a great conversion for sure. Well done, prophet!

I can't believe no-one is looking at your thread - you're one of the icons of the XVII legion on the interwebs. Please show us your church on tracks!!!

Thanks! I may drop some blasts from the past in the future, but now it's time for my current project...

gallery_25850_1043_8046.jpg

The Church Choir of the 32nd Host!

gallery_25850_1043_54394.jpg

gallery_25850_1043_8709.jpg

DIY Optics of the Far Future:

1. Cut out some rod.

2. Put a lense on it.

3. Remove your eye and skull interior.

4. Get a nose job.

5. Bionic eye is done! Congrats!

6. Spend rest of life in Eye of Terror.

Any questions?

Yes, one. How did you get so awesome?

Also, do I assume correctly that the lense is just GS pushed through the rod from behind?

Oh, but that's an easy one. Most people would think it's the years of practice, but real awesomeness can only be achieved by intense prayers to the Dark Gods, human sacrifices and persistent bad behaviour. msn-wink.gif

No it's not a hollow rod, so it's just a small ball of GS puched onto the middle of the rod, then patted down the edges with a "rubber pen" or whatever I should call that sculpting tool.

• 4 weeks later...

The Church Choir of the 32nd Host

gallery_25850_1043_24732.jpg

Listen up everyone! The 6th Coterie is here with the love, drugs and tools of Slaanesh to blow some brains out and make this night special!

gallery_25850_1043_24102.jpg

gallery_25850_1043_23982.jpg

gallery_25850_1043_47868.jpg

gallery_25850_1043_20843.jpg

gallery_25850_1043_1831.jpg

gallery_25850_1043_12075.jpg

gallery_25850_1043_52144.jpg

gallery_25850_1043_37248.jpg

gallery_25850_1043_89375.jpg

Sorry there’s no hairy head banging guitarist in leather pants, but I hope this can work? It’s not the Emperor’s Children after all.

Seriously tempted at 'borrowing' the noise marine idea. Got some sonic weapons and DA vets gathering dust. Might even have a pop at some Nurgle themed Word Bearers as well. 

Go ahead! The DA vets is such a great kit for the Word Bearers, even better than for the DA themselves I think! I bought five boxes of them when they arrived and I haven't regretted it.

I actually spent ages converting up a command squad to go with my DV stuff, after seeing your Noise Marines they have now been butchered for the cause, my poor dark angels will never grow past the starter set at this rate :P

'Church Choir'. I always love it when people think of alternative ways to include cult marines into their non-specific legions. And you, sir, have just made it to the top five. This is one of those ideas that make me go 'why in the hell has no-one thought of this before'. :tu:

Soon B&C will be over run with musical Wordbearers summoning Daemons from the depths of the void tongue.png

Just had an idea for a sweet ride, Rhino Church organ tongue.png lets all do one biggrin.png or maybe a Church Organ defiler maybe...

Such an awesome model. I've admired it for years and it was one of the reasons I started a Word Bearers army back in 2010. Thanks for posting it. Why not post the YouTube vid you made of the WIP process here too?

Thanks!

Here's the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Eeuw3r6JfA

That is a glorious temple to chaos, where did the building part of the model come from?

Some parts are from the Cities of Death Terrain, the roof is from a "skull road" from somewhere and much of the rest is plasticard.

gallery_25850_1043_27426.jpg

Next project is already on the workbench! I'm having a try on the famously ugly and unplayable CSM mutilator.

gallery_25850_1043_35186.jpg

The finecast could have been worse. Of course it could have been a lot better as well, but it's still better than metal...

Archived