Word Bearers of the 32nd Host - Projects by the Prophet

The Prophet

A Secret Visitor

gallery_25850_1043_42491.jpg

Kor Phaeron makes a secret visit to the 32nd Host in this month's episode of Carry the Word.

gallery_25850_1043_18646.jpg

gallery_25850_1043_39860.jpg

gallery_25850_1043_10148.jpg

gallery_25850_1043_34586.jpg

Give me your hands and I will teach you how to dance!

gallery_25850_1043_18443.jpg

gallery_25850_1043_7516.jpg

I was not very fond of the original sculpt, focusing too much on the age and frailty of the character and too little on the warp and it's powers. I mean come on, Kor Phaeron almost killed Guilliman on his own with crazy sorcery! Just one silly moment of hubris from having a primarch stone dead. A character like that have to ooze power and evilness and be more of a passive aggressive megalomaniac than a retired grandpa in terminator suite. I'm not sure if my changes really have brought that through, but I'm much more satisfied with the model as it is now.

What do you think?

Much better, though I did find Grandpa in a Terminator suit quite amusing tongue.png

What head have you given him?

I'm not sure from which kit, but I'm quite sure it's a space marine head of some sort. Here's a better picture:

gallery_25850_1043_32413.jpg

gallery_25850_1043_68695.jpg

So now I'm done with the black priming and I'm really nervous on starting with the real paint! ohmy.png I mean, he's the boss of my legion, he'll get really upset if I screw it up!

golly the Prophet looks sooo much cooler than goofy-ass Kor Phaeron!

So now I'm done with the black priming and I'm really nervous on starting with the real paint! ohmy.png I mean, he's the boss of my legion, he'll get really upset if I screw it up!

Haha that sounds very familiar. I'm in no position to offer any sort of sage wisdom here, but it will turn out much better than what you're worried about.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not that far into the HH series: which novel has KP almost killing Guilly? 

Lovely conversion!

Know No Fear. Unfortunately, probably the worst part of the whole novel, and not because Guilliman is on his knees about to bite it - because of the way Phaeron fails to deliver the killing blow. Other than that a worthy read.

Great adaptation of Phaeron. Looking forward to seeing more :)

I'm not that far into the HH series: which novel has KP almost killing Guilly?

Lovely conversion!

Know No Fear. Unfortunately, probably the worst part of the whole novel, and not because Guilliman is on his knees about to bite it - because of the way Phaeron fails to deliver the killing blow. Other than that a worthy read.

Great adaptation of Phaeron. Looking forward to seeing more smile.png

I was at first pissed about his failure too, but then I realized it was quite cool that he reamained alive until "today" with his main heart stolen from him. It also gives an impression on how mighty the powers of the warp really are.

Kor Phaeron, Master of the Faith

gallery_25850_1043_27429.jpg

Yes, there he is, the lovely bastard, with fresh red paint slabbed onto his crazy armour. Here's all the angles you'll need:

gallery_25850_1043_78976.jpg

gallery_25850_1043_49774.jpg

gallery_25850_1043_18580.jpg

gallery_25850_1043_84717.jpg

gallery_25850_1043_26177.jpg

gallery_25850_1043_28306.jpg

gallery_25850_1043_57476.jpg

Nail or fail? I'm not sure. While I somewhat like the outcome, I became really pissed halfway across the painting process when I dropped his left arm to the floor and BROKE A NAIL!!! Quite the disaster as it's almost unrepairable considering how thin and brittle the model is from the outstart. It's still there only because a tiny little fragment hold onto the broken bit. The rest is super glue and denial.

And what follows with him? News on a new game full of 30k Word Bearers.... what an awfully sweet temptation! Oh the Time, where are you?!

In spite of the "fingernail malfunction", this is spectacular work! The cowl and different face add such a sense of sinister menace to him, as well as a bit of mystery. He now looks like the grey eminence he was always meant to be, rather than just some old geezer, genetically souped up so he could wear Astartes armour msn-wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

TAKE ALL MY LIKES FOREVER!!!!!!!!!

Sorry, just saw this after your interview, and wow!!!!!!!

Also, as for mutilators in game play, (it would be a shame for yours not to hit the table), single mutilators (MoN or MoT usually) can work as distraction mutilators. Just deepstrike them near some enemy that is bothering you with shooting and that will not want to be charged by the thing. They either ignore it, and then the mutilator makes pretty quick work of them, or they turn around and shoot the mutilator, which means they aren't shooting you anymore. My suggested targets would be backfield heavy weapon units and similar, especially if they aren't carrying ap2.

It's the boss! That's far and away the best Kor Phaeron I've ever seen - the changes are excellent. I was disappointed with FW's finished head sculpt for him, so it's nice to see such a successful alternative. The tabard looks good too, and he looks great in red.

He's awesome. Can't add much more to my praise that hasn't already been said by KrautScientist and SlaveToDarkness (who both bamde me laugh with their remarks about the original sculpt). Great job, Proph!

What's next? I myself am working on a conversion of that most excellent WB chaplain in the BaC box. Tempted? ;)

He's awesome. Can't add much more to my praise that hasn't already been said by KrautScientist and SlaveToDarkness (who both bamde me laugh with their remarks about the original sculpt). Great job, Proph!

What's next? I myself am working on a conversion of that most excellent WB chaplain in the BaC box. Tempted? msn-wink.gif

Thanks! And thank you again for the shoulder pads! smile.png One of them is on the shoulder of my new "Backfield Priest". I think I'm going to use him as a Dark Apostle in games, but here's the silly thing in my opinion: In a Word Bearers army - the one army that is most likely to have a Dark Apostle - that background role or that character is much better represented by a Sorcerer och Lord. My warlord (and backgroundwise Dark Apostle) is already done, so here's one of his underlings:

gallery_25850_1043_41710.jpg

gallery_25850_1043_15412.jpg

gallery_25850_1043_1982.jpg

gallery_25850_1043_24052.jpg

I picked up my Betrayal at Calth yesterday, so in the far future you will see some of that stuff as well! laugh.png

• 2 weeks later...

Finally!

gallery_25850_1043_10679.jpg

gallery_25850_1043_42271.jpg

gallery_25850_1043_23187.jpg

gallery_25850_1043_19252.jpg

The backfield priest is done and I'm off to new adventures! Right now I'm working on a unit of screamers since I haven't yet recieved my bits for the 30k units. But motivation to start on those mark IV marines is really high!

That's another excellent addition to your beautiful army. Of course, you have been most welcome for the shoulder pads. 

here's the silly thing in my opinion: In a Word Bearers army - the one army that is most likely to have a Dark Apostle - that background role or that character is much better represented by a Sorcerer och Lord. My warlord (and backgroundwise Dark Apostle) is already done, so here's one of his underlings:

I get your feeling about this - but your solution is very workable. Also, perhaps you could make a Dark Apostle coven and use them as Chosen.

Archived