Codex: Khorne, next week?

Sception

Russians are magical people with magical access to things.

Also, already knew this was a skip for me. Which is a shame, I need a new codex.

That and I think Jeske mentioned once he inspects imports or something. So there's always that.

Posted · Hidden by Iron-Daemon Forge, March 26, 2015 - Off topic
Hidden by Iron-Daemon Forge, March 26, 2015 - Off topic

Well we can't have any more effective marine dexes. Unless you want flamingos and Jurassic Park as a playlist.

Yellow marshmellows, I swear.

Russians are magical people with magical access to things.

Also, already knew this was a skip for me. Which is a shame, I need a new codex.

That and I think Jeske mentioned once he inspects imports or something. So there's always that.

Well let us not over hype . I once had to option to check those that go to me and people that play here[you know to put extra tax on people I dislike or who could be too tough opponents for my armies]. I don't check all stuff that goes in to a such a big country as Russia. Even I can't bilocate. But it was possible to get scans of it two weeks ago[or at least I was], and it wasn't even that hard[at least I wasn't looking for them], so I guess someone who lives in UK could get them a lot sooner.

you have the book already?

My anwser to this question is always the same. I have never ever seen a codex or rule book, before its official premier, nor did I ever acctivly persue the knowladge or access to said books, before their official premier.

But three things bother me a bit. First, why isn't anyone talking about forging more narrative with the book?Second, why aren't other faction sub forums talking about our dudes[well beside the SW one when they lol how chaos needs 3 books to get an inferior version of what SW do with 1].

And third  is the fluff. Not enough of it for such a large book.

I was actually just wondering about the fluff. I like to play Khorne, it is incredibly satisfying to win games through assault. But I was more concerned that the codex was a ruse for my narrative play. I will happily use this 'codex' against most Imperial, Ork, Tyranid, and Necron armies. But I do not see it working well against most Eldar or Tau, which is a little annoying. 

Well, they can only shoot so many units a turn. A Gorepack or two is going to force some choices. Unless it's an army of all fire warriors, SOMETHING is gonna get splattered into a disgusting blue xenos goo.

Eldar, yeah, whatever. Wave Serpents will mysteriously break while their owner takes a bathroom break. NOBODY SAW NOTHIN'. Right guys? *brandishes knuckle sammich*

My understanding, based on the WD article, is that the Daemonkin are some sort of "holy army of Khorne" namely it is meant to represent the most ardent and zealous devotees of the Blood God. The narrative is based upon the unholy crusade for more blood and more skulls, to drown the galaxy in a tide of violence, heedless of who dies and who lives. IMO the Daemokin are more the sort of Khorne "templars" than just a host of warbands with an allegiance to the Blood God. Sincerely enough I also see a valid reason for the World Eaters to be on the sidelines. The Berzerkers are the avatars of the Blood God while the World Eaters legion, though devoted to Khorne, still operates along the old lines, despite being shattered by Khârn. It is easy to typify a World Eater as a Khornate follower, yet I think that the legions, the cult legions, are at the apex when comes to cult warbands, while Daemonkin is there to represent the countless crusades of the most blood crazed fanatics, lunatics and cultists who are as far removed from the legion ideals (namely martial might and precision, execution, drive and intent) as a soldier is removed from a knight. 

The narrative in this case is well, I drop on a planet and kill as long as I can, whatever I can and in as bloody manner as I can. This is no World Eaters assault, this is simply a host of lunatics killing for the slake of killing, a host of dregs who believe themselves as the chosen of Khorne. I think where the World Eaters would still approach to a planetary invasion with the logic of astartes, the Daemonkin would simply batter themselves against the enemy defenders until one side yields. No Drop Pod assaults, no Legion Armour spearheads, no space marine shock combat, no astartes precision (even if they are World Eaters they are still space marines), no true astartes martial skill. The assault of a Daemonkin warband is simply a bloodbath. The only reason for the attack is not a martial one but a spiritual one, blood spilled in oceans of red, all to summon forth the Daemons of Khorne. 

I'm still pumped for this. When I want competitive gaming, I play Magic.

I don't think the main complainment is that the codex isn't competitive, it actually very well might just be lol.

I don't think the main complainment is that the codex isn't competitive, it actually very well might just be lol.

Eh maybe you're seeing something im not then, because it looks to be a bit of a letdown to me :S

Didn't you sell your awesome Khorne army, VN?

Haha well remembered! Yeh I sold that a while ago, purely to fund the acquisition of a frightening number of daemons... I'd really like to see something good come out of this book though, so I can have a second go at an awesome khorne army :)

Eh maybe you're seeing something im not then, because it looks to be a bit of a letdown to me :S

Hounds formation.

Well the problem will be that the "core" formation of the "decurion" is quite a large one and comes with the Possessed tax. The Possessed are thematic and all, no question here and either way we usually take some combination of Cultists and Marines and maybe even a Daemon or two, but still the main formation alone, if done properly would cost us around 900 points if we choose to fill its slots, leaving little in terms of points for the rest of the army which as I can see from the rumors an Allied CSM or Daemon detachment would be the better decision, considering the other Daemonkin formations. 

I think that my list will be something like the following. Core Daemonkin Formation + Mayhem Pack + CSM or Daemons for either useful units or useful summons and psychic powers too, I feel naked going into battle without a psyker or two, I am sure Khorne will understand. 

I suspect that the Bloodthirster axe will be the go to weapon for my HQ and what I will be able to put in Rhinos it will be deployed as such, mechanized. I think that my old Khorne Skull Champion will make a comeback with his skull helm, big axe and power armor. I doubt it is wise to spend a lot on a model which even if he dies he still serves as a Bloodthirster for a turn or two. 

Hounds formation.
Yeh that does look like it has promise. But fearless or not, I'm not sure how I feel about hounds without a herald. A big unit has a tendency to get tied up.

Hounds formation.
Yeh that does look like it has promise. But fearless or not, I'm not sure how I feel about hounds without a herald. A big unit has a tendency to get tied up.

Must people will be adding a jugger lord to the pack(which will likely be 15-20 strong). 

No, and thats fine. I just think 40K as a competitive exercise itself is flawed, and mostly not fun without excessive constraints. Its simply not what I want out of a competitive game OR a 40K game when played that way, so I dont mix the 2 types of gaming.

Archived