Codex: Khorne, next week?

Sception

http://www.games-workshop.com/resources//blogs/2015/03/26/KR5JDRTPE3JVOQ2AS5ORTKDLG3MDGSAM/2xl.jpg

http://www.games-workshop.com/resources//blogs/2015/03/26/KR5JDRTPE3JVOQ2AS5ORTKDLG3MDGSAM/3xl.jpg

http://www.games-workshop.com/resources//blogs/2015/03/26/KR5JDRTPE3JVOQ2AS5ORTKDLG3MDGSAM/4xl.jpg

http://www.games-workshop.com/resources//blogs/2015/03/26/KR5JDRTPE3JVOQ2AS5ORTKDLG3MDGSAM/5xl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/84cnhDX.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/JFvKWtt.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Fod42q3.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/gv6n6iQ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/8u84u9r.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/eEiK1xa.jpg

khorne-daemonkin-warlord-traits-edited.j

Also looks like I can ally Khârn and stick him in a unit with the B4BG rule and still get the blood tithe point when they cut through an enemy unit.  Although he won't generate the point for winning a challenge, it's better than nothing.

Also, it appears that any unit/characters will get to share blood tithe buffs with allied attached characters. Also, my thought about them forgetting the rule preventing independent characters from joining units that are differently marked appears to be absent. So if you want a bloodtithe character joining whatever csm unit you want, you should be able to, and it will spread the blood tithe bonuses to it. (depending on how you interpret the CSM rule).

Also looks like I can ally Khârn and stick him in a unit with the B4BG rule and still get the blood tithe point when they cut through an enemy unit.  Although he won't generate the point for winning a challenge, it's better than nothing.

If doing this it looks like we will have to chump challenge so that Khârn can take on the unit and reap the benefits of B4BG.

Did they not even play this? Did their play testers not realize that FMCs deep strike swooping, or did they not remember you had to spend a whole turn switching over to gliding before you could charge?

We all know that they only playtest by forging the narrative, taking one unit of each with bare minimum wargear, nothing too cheesy and just pretends to play but really only set up the models in a way that it render good on a HD picture for the Dwarf or the Codex...

So yeah, they are so afraid of leaks that i don't think there is any real Playtesters, at least outside of the dev team...

Hounds formation.

Are the impact hits worth the, what, is it two units of khorne bikes you have to take as a prereq?  Do bikes have min unit size 8 in this book?

You could deep strike gliding and save a turn, no?

Ah, the answer is no.  Clearly I have to go back to reading school.

So the big result on the table, the one you have to wait the longest to use, makes you wait two extra turns after that to use it.  And in the mean time, you're down the combat ability of the sacrificed character, which according to the warlord table they want to be your HQ.  So... who feels like giving up a juggerlord on turn 3, 4, or 5, in exchange for a bloodthirst that, provided the enemy hasn't bothered to kill it, gets to charge on turn 5, 6, or never?

Did they not even play this? Did their play testers not realize that FMCs deep strike swooping, or did they not remember you had to spend a whole turn switching over to gliding before you could charge?

I am not sure if the bikes are minimum size 8, if so, then yes, probably not worth it, on the other hand, csm bikes aren't exactly bad, they just tend to be outshined by other csm FA choices. IF you can still minimum size 3 them, just throw on some anti tank for two units, and then take some beefy units of dogs.

Hmm.  Rules wise, Daemon Of Khorne/Mark of Khorne possessed are pretty much Zerker Possessed without WS5.

Darn shame about no zerker lords, raptors, terminators, helbrutes etc.

GeeDub saved me a bunch of money by making :cussty rules again.

Huh... nowhere it says that you may only take one artifact per model. Just only one of each artifact, like in CSM codex.

Unfortunately it does:

A model may take one of the following: helm, armor, rune

or it may instead replace its weapon with one of the follwing: axe, sword, axe.

Sad frowny face.

Bad codex is bad.

And it would have been so easy to make it good, or at least decent, for once in a Chaos blue moon.

GW, you suck so hard at designing good rules.

They suck so hard at designing good rules for Chaos. All of the recent updates or new codices (in my opinion) have had some sensible changes at the very least, or were very creative and inventive; adding new stuff that is cool and useful, if not overpowered.

Sure, there are a few cool things about this book, and it's going to be my main army, but I definitely brand it a fail. Not because it isn't cheesy, but because it seems like they barely even tried when it comes to the rules and upgrades. In the writers' eyes, Codex: CSM is just fine.

Oh well, gonna make the best of it. My rage will fuel even more inventive ways to win games. I was already the underdog before, and there's nothing stopping me from continuing to play CSM/Crimson Slaughter whenever I want to increase my power level laugh.png .

@Venomlust

Where does it say that? I am looking at Artifacts of slaughter section, and it only says:

Only one of each of the following may be chosen per army.

On the side note. I find it ridiculous that CSM champions can take axe of Khorne, but heralds can't. Oh, and terminator champ can't take it either, because reasons.

The more I look at this codex, more I feel like it's a rushed job to sell bloodthristers for 40k.

@Venomlust

Where does it say that? I am looking at Artifacts of slaughter section, and it only says:

Only one of each of the following may be chosen per army.

Look at the line preceding the weapons artefact list.

http://i.imgur.com/nAL0O91.jpg

Hounds formation.

Are the impact hits worth the, what, is it two units of khorne bikes you have to take as a prereq? Do bikes have min unit size 8 in this book?

You could deep strike gliding and save a turn, no?

Ah, the answer is no. Clearly I have to go back to reading school.

So the big result on the table, the one you have to wait the longest to use, makes you wait two extra turns after that to use it. And in the mean time, you're down the combat ability of the sacrificed character, which according to the warlord table they want to be your HQ. So... who feels like giving up a juggerlord on turn 3, 4, or 5, in exchange for a bloodthirst that, provided the enemy hasn't bothered to kill it, gets to charge on turn 5, 6, or never?

So you're better off summoning the daemon prince and use a model without wings, otherwise those two summons are utterly worthless. The quality of work that went in to this codex is laughable.

Sure, I suppose you could say based on the wording that you can replace multiple weapons to purchase the weapon artefacts. It's clear you can only get one of the armor/helm/rune, and if you get any of those, you can't also get a weapon artefact.

My understanding, based on the WD article, is that the Daemonkin are some sort of "holy army of Khorne" namely it is meant to represent the most ardent and zealous devotees of the Blood God. The narrative is based upon the unholy crusade for more blood and more skulls, to drown the galaxy in a tide of violence, heedless of who dies and who lives. IMO the Daemokin are more the sort of Khorne "templars" than just a host of warbands with an allegiance to the Blood God. Sincerely enough I also see a valid reason for the World Eaters to be on the sidelines. The Berzerkers are the avatars of the Blood God while the World Eaters legion, though devoted to Khorne, still operates along the old lines, despite being shattered by Khârn. It is easy to typify a World Eater as a Khornate follower, yet I think that the legions, the cult legions, are at the apex when comes to cult warbands, while Daemonkin is there to represent the countless crusades of the most blood crazed fanatics, lunatics and cultists who are as far removed from the legion ideals (namely martial might and precision, execution, drive and intent) as a soldier is removed from a knight. 

The narrative in this case is well, I drop on a planet and kill as long as I can, whatever I can and in as bloody manner as I can. This is no World Eaters assault, this is simply a host of lunatics killing for the slake of killing, a host of dregs who believe themselves as the chosen of Khorne. I think where the World Eaters would still approach to a planetary invasion with the logic of astartes, the Daemonkin would simply batter themselves against the enemy defenders until one side yields. No Drop Pod assaults, no Legion Armour spearheads, no space marine shock combat, no astartes precision (even if they are World Eaters they are still space marines), no true astartes martial skill. The assault of a Daemonkin warband is simply a bloodbath. The only reason for the attack is not a martial one but a spiritual one, blood spilled in oceans of red, all to summon forth the Daemons of Khorne. 

Sounds like the following of the Red Comet

Good grief, juggernauts are more expensive, you can't take dirge casters and you can only take skulltaker on foot. I've never gone from "I have to buy this thing!" To "they're not getting a dime from me" in such a short time. The more that is released about this book the worse it is.

If this is the standard for the chaos supplements I would hate to see the tzeentch one. Hey guys I HAVE to pay for 6++ save on my cultists, now they'll always get their save! Wait a second mauler fiend with 4 invulnerable save would be nice... But everything else in the codex would suck ass.

Like everything chaos related aside from belakor, a lazy half finished project that missed the mark.

This is arguably the worst and laziest thing GW has ever produced. Such a shame, after Chaos players have already been disappointed for so long. Khorne Daemonkhin makes Orks look like Tau.

You guys are not forging a hard enough narrative. I'll rock my cheap cultists and they will either score, or die in the attempt, I'll flood the field with scoring units that will either succeed, or fuel Daemon Princes coming down off my fast moving units.

I want every game to end with as few models on the field as possible, and it will be good.

Competitive? Who cares. I've slipped past the nadir of my expecations for GW. As long as they dont blow up my Universe like the poor Fantasy players, just keep on keeping on.

I'll put up a list tomorrow (after I review 'The Rules' FAQs, its been a while as I was done with this game until I heard about this a few days back!) but I can see where it will be fun and 'competitive' enough when not playing dumb lists like Knights.

EDIT: Am I drunk, or is the main rules FAQ nearly empty...

Archived