Codex: Khorne, next week?

Sception

Sure, I suppose you could say based on the wording that you can replace multiple weapons to purchase the weapon artefacts. It's clear you can only get one of the armor/helm/rune, and if you get any of those, you can't also get a weapon artefact.

Just to clarify, where does it state this?

The weapon option looks to be one for one, so you could take two.

Dragon Age 2 is better than these last four books.

Which is a funny statement but please tell me how this helps further the discussion. Thank you.

And you'll find plenty using Crimson Slaughter.

You're welcome.

A rushed, flawed game with development cuts managed to do better than two major rulebooks and two supplemental releases did for our playerbase.

That helps the discussion because, frankly, you have to be fooling yourself to believe this book is actually worth the investment in.

Sure, I suppose you could say based on the wording that you can replace multiple weapons to purchase the weapon artefacts. It's clear you can only get one of the armor/helm/rune, and if you get any of those, you can't also get a weapon artefact.

Yep, which is essentially what you quoted me saying. See the linked picture a few posts up the quoted post.

I for one am very happy that the codex was made.

Why my friend? ^^

Just remember that others may not share your point of view and may be looking forward to this supplement.

Poor creatures...

Why my friend? ^^

I'll admit that I am so completely disappointed with the codex....so many wasted opportunities and unnecessary taxes like possessed, axe of khorne and juggernaught increases....tank wargear removal...everything really.....but all that said and my bitterness aside....at the end of the day it's more than what we had two weeks ago....or a year ago for that matter...

You're welcome.

A rushed, flawed game with development cuts managed to do better than two major rulebooks and two supplemental releases did for our playerbase.

That helps the discussion because, frankly, you have to be fooling yourself to believe this book is actually worth the investment in.

This game is definitely wider than us talking about why we don't have a 'stronger' codex all the time.

What I truly just don't understand is why not move on if the entire chaos thing brings such negativity to your gaming life? 

Is this codex going to solve much for chaos on the tabletop? Probably not. Is the game bigger than our successes and failures on the tabletop? Absolutely. 

I probably won't pick this book up. (I just lied, and I know it... darn it!) But am I happy about it? Absolutely. Any attention chaos gets to me is good.. it's good for the background, art, pictures, painting, modeling, and yes, even the gaming.

But if you don't see that. If you don't share that view, and everything GW does for Chaos turns you off, and/or displeases you, I honestly don't understand what repeated negativity on the forums changes for you or anyone else for that matter.

I'll admit that I am so completely disappointed with the codex....so many wasted opportunities and unnecessary taxes like possessed, axe of khorne and juggernaught increases....tank wargear removal...everything really.....but all that said and my bitterness aside....at the end of the day it's more than what we had two weeks ago....or a year ago for that matter...

Indeed it is more that we had a month ago and a year ago but said that is it not close to what we were expecting nor it is much beneficial to our faction. I like every Chaos release, it tells me that somehow, somewhere in the grim hearts of the GW's development team there is room for Chaos, a token thing, a small thing and unfortunately a "necessary" thing. We live and die simply on the demand of the licence. The brave and undaunting Space Marines and the glorious defenders of the Imperium need a foe, and the only veritable foe is their evil twin, Chaos. Once our faction was defined, and I quote the words from the 3.5 codex, by the "dark majesty of Chaos". We were the scions of the dread gods, we were true templars of an unholy cause, we were the machiavellian individuals, the champions and the lost angels who come to smite their erstwhile brethren, we were never "just" evil, we were the Satan to the imperial Gabriel... the anathema to the grimdark 40k universe.

Now we have some rules, new rules, which make for a thematic (if ill represented) army with some minor benefits, severe drawbacks and a very rigid was to play. Have we asked for this, no, never, but it is what we have now and we must make due with what we have. I hope that in the next week the community will flare again, energized. I hope to see new DIY Warbands, discussions about the new lore, the tactica and the fanfiction. That is the boon that this codex release will bring to us as a community. To us as players, though, the story is much different and while we will play a thematic "evil" army I cannot but feel the lack of this "dark majesty" which defined us in our Golden Age, the main reason why most of us are Chaos players in the first place. 

Why my friend? ^^

I admire and respect your outlook and I wish I could share it. It's really going to be difficult to get past the disappointment of what this could have been, and really what it should have been.

at the end of the day it's more than what we had two weeks ago....or a year ago for that matter...

I have exactly the same because this product isn't worth buying. Actually, I lie, I have more than before because I'm a dissapointment richer.

Yep, which is essentially what you quoted me saying. See the linked picture a few posts up the quoted post.

Sorry, I should have specified. Was more on about the armour/ helm/ rune, and it cancelling out being able to take weapon artefacts. Just seems a bit odd.

still interested in the book, i know it has its flaws and odd design choices but i love my khorne stuff and gives me a chance to dig out my khorne stuff and hunt down some skulls!! i play for fun anyway and this force will make a nice change from my usual force.

Well petsonally i think this codex is going to be fun and its definately got me going mono khorne smile.png as long as i have some fun games i dont care about winning or loosing

Same here, I'm looking forward picking up Daemon-kin supplement tomorrow & just check out the new background & cool art work, get idea toward my own Khorne Berzerker unit I'm recently adding. I've really enjoyed reading this week White Dwarf & it nice seen the different Khorne warband by the Games Workshop army painter team.

In an attempt to steer away from the good/bad talk I'll repost something I just posted over at warseer in relation to the idea of spamming cultists to die and generate blood tithe:

Everyone seems to be up on cultists for generate blood tithe points but compare them to spamming bloodletter squads of 8...80 points for something with some teeth that can take on units (which generates blood tithe) can take a character that can kill in challenges (more points) can deep strike for more mobility (if they die in a mishap does that generate blood tithe too?) and overall is a dynamite support unit for 80 (85)points. Deep strike in (or off another squad with a banner if you want to spend a few more points) to take out some backfield units, maybe kill a sergeant, take an objective, and then die. In two or three turns you can generate an easy 4 or 5 blood tithe each by the time they die compared to the cultists for one a handful of points more. Should keep your force summoning and buffing up every turn.

Well petsonally i think this codex is going to be fun and its definately got me going mono khorne smile.png as long as i have some fun games i dont care about winning or loosing

Same here, I'm looking forward picking up Daemon-kin supplement tomorrow & just check out the new background & cool art work, get idea toward my own Khorne Berzerker unit I'm recently adding. I've really enjoyed reading this week White Dwarf & it nice seen the different Khorne warband by the Games Workshop army painter team.

I wont be getting daemonkin for a couple of weeks due to me having spent £££ on models instead but im definately wanting to pick it up

..at the end of the day it's more than what we had two weeks ago....or a year ago for that matter...

Did we all forget about the excellent addition of IA:13, and the introduction of R&H?  That was a proper chaos release.  This Daemonkin book is a laughable excuse of a codex.  I see two things that would be ok for causal play(hounds with jugger lord, and 8 maulers), the rest is pure disappointment due to over cost or better options.  This release has made me extremely bitter. This is my fav god getting a book, my dream of combining CD and CSM together, but it failed and want me to spend $50 on it.  I can't even ally in my R&H to this army.  Also, their is no Khârn, one of the best character(lore, and rule wise).  If I was not for R&H, I would be using Codex wolves to represent a proper  Khorne Word Bearers army.  When I play nowadays I only see my cultist on the table, my marines just can't prove their worth. 

The only saving grace, I might actually field my 110 bloodletters for once. 

It looks like we might see some scatter mitigation for warp talons then?

In any case though, I feel like I can't justify giving money to gw for this release. I like the ideas behind the blood tithe rule and the switch in daemon/csm synergy, but there are so many flaws with this book right now I don't want to contribute to gw's sales because it would encourage such poor planning. The only way gw will stop releasing this type of failed execution is if lots of people do the same. Though my individual nonbuy will do quite little, I hope others join me in such an endeavor. I was really excited for this release until I actually saw the rules for it. As such, I will only be playing it i someone lends me a copy, even though it is basically the army I usually run already. Shame really.

Archived