++ Casual 30K Hobby Challenge - April ++

Kor'Vesh

OMG - he is great, and you do make those Castellax stupidly appealing. I'm excited to see whatever you bring to the ETL. Any chance you can stick your army shots and winning vow from last month in the hall of victors thread?

Yes, I haven't forgotten, I'm just trying to find time to take better pics before posting.  I'll make an attempt to do so and get that updated ASAP.

Don't worry sir, there isn't a rush. I'm just keen to have your awesome army up there for everyone to see. Take your time and get it right though!

poom - amazing job. I'm really impressed by all of your work. I love the bases, and the vorax look excellent painted. Picking favourite pledges will be really tough for me this month...

Is this a forgeworld-only thread or I can post GW converted models?

Kriegriss has the right of it. If it is set in the Crusade or Heresy, we want to see it. Plastic is certainly allowed, though the more effort to 30K-ify things the better smile.png Also bear in mind that the deadline for this thread is the end of tomorrow! Only pledge what you can finish. Friday will see the lauch of May's challenge in concert with the ETL.

OMG - he is great, and you do make those Castellax stupidly appealing. I'm excited to see whatever you bring to the ETL. Any chance you can stick your army shots and winning vow from last month in the hall of victors thread?

Nevindar - I like your style... I MIGHT be able to build my contemptor by the end of tomorrow... I'll see what I can muster!

Start looking through the thread for you favourite pledge for the loyalist and traitor teams guys. I want a lot more votes this month, though we might cast them in May's thread...

Of Course it is to post something next month

Great work everyone!

Just a question, my boss had to send me in emergency in another town for work. I won't be able to finish my stuff before this weekend. Will it count as a successful pledge or will it be too late?

If this helps I've completed my build pledge for my Spartan, reaver captain and justaerin terminators. I've since built 5 jump pack reavers with jump packs and shoulder pads off to better paint them and a traitorous Loken scum.

I can only recall pledging the Spartan, captain and justaerin though, whoops.

17314156721_9ffba88f64_c.jpgETL challenge. by richmarine84, on Flickr

Pledge Completed. Here is the last bit the contemptor mortis dread. This was actually the first 30k Model I bought when I started my iron hands, and I'm happy to finally see him painted.

http://i.imgur.com/1BnhHm6h.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/SVlzGnHh.jpg?1

So its 8pm here in QLD and have finally finished my last marine for the challenge, sorry about the photo quality.

@Kor'Vesh - sorry for not getting back to you about the dread weapons, thankfully they are complete now.

gallery_84403_10582_599884.jpg

Mor WILL be posted tonight. He's finished minus the scenic base, which I can get done today, but no pictures can be posted until about half 10 in the UK. It will be a clean sweep!

Loving everything I have seen on here.

Lanky I love the contemptor pose

ROBOcaster, the dirt on the lower half of the contemptor is great, it shows how tall they are.

Everyone else, amazing work, I just don't have the time to praise everyone individually

Excellent work Richmarine, ROBOcaster and Lanky - some more awesome completions.

Lanky - are you airbrushing your models? They look fantastic, and I'm particularly jelous of your green - its the colour I want, but just way nicer than I've achieved!

Palak - sorry dude. If it isn't complete by the time I munch breakfast tomorrow, it will be a failure. You've already earned some big points though, and I'll happily let you pledge your terminators for May, with a slight discount on the score. I'd certainly love to see them finished!

Another impressive push from the loyalists at the end of the month. Can one or two of the quiet traitors deliver a big surprise completion, as cocha and Lanky have for the loyalists? Athrawes, Black_out, The Hydra, Tychi and gianlucafiorentini123, your brothers need you now!

@kor'vesh - Thanks mate, I just undercoat black then paint caliber green. Then I dry brush a 50/50 mix of snot green and caliban green. Finally I dry brush onto the raised areas snot green followed by goblin green :)

Great job sir, I'm really impressed - I've obviously gone for edge highlighting rather than dry brushing. I might try your technique out sometime though, as it gives excellent results.

There really can't be enough Volkite awesomeness going! Also, as a counter point for the previous Dog familiar... Can anyone spot the C.A.T?

gallery_84024_10520_713199.jpg

Also, do anyone know if there is an established, comicbook-esque sound effect for Volkite deathraysofdeflagratingdeathdeathdeath?

How's this for a clean sweep, eh?

11178275_10206639929896648_7982754291191

The Bloodwrought himself! I'm kinda annoyed I didn't get the base done, but I really had no idea on how to paint the thing I had in mind (getting shown tomorrow apparently). But still, he himself is all done up. Must get more angles!

Well lesson learned. Don't Pledge halfway through the Month if you are a slow painter with a heavy work schedual. Also remember to check how many days are in that month, I assumed April had 31 days. wacko.png .

Anyway. Time got away from me, but I'm happy with the standard I put out.

2 out of 10.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/The4thHorseman/1_zps7vbciv7w.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/The4thHorseman/3_zpsua15gmgd.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v74/The4thHorseman/2_zpsf7dsdbs0.jpg

Also excuese Potato Quality Images.

Once I finish the Squad I will borrow a better camera.

Raktra: You snooze, you lose. Also, really nice version of Autek Mor. "I swear, the silver dragon was THIS BIG" :D

Nice work the rest of you as well!

Now... I found another C.A.T. Time to make a second Familiar-de-Mjau.

Challenge closed guys.

Amazing work one and all. Raktra, I think Mor is fantastic, probably the best piece I've seen you do.

Lion, I'm really pleased that you got them done, they look fantastic.

4thHorseman - sorry you couldn't finish mate, but an awesome job to get part of the job finished. Heresy marines really do look good in red!

OK... I'll open up the new thread, and then start working up the results.

I'd now like to see votes for you favourite loyalist and heretic pledges this month - I think we'll take the votes in the May thread though, as that will be a lot more active as of now!

Archived