++Blood for the Blood God: Daemonkin community++

Had another game with my KDK today. 1750 pts vs GK, ended in a loss, but it wasn't that bad of a game. Mission was BGNT and I had 1 more HS than he did. My opponent took 11 Terminators and I definitely felt our lack of access to AP2 high strength weapons... how do you guys like to deal with lots of 2+ Sv's?

Also, I'm really feeling like my mauler is not worth it.. maybe I need to have a pair instead of running one by himself.

Venom, so glad to see you painting your stuff again! Really nice.

I'm waiting with baited breath on Traitor Legions to see if it's worth finishing my Zerkers. I know the formation rules won't transfer over to my KDK but the idea of plausible Zerkers has my Butcher's Nails firing off.

Had another game with my KDK today. 1750 pts vs GK, ended in a loss, but it wasn't that bad of a game. Mission was BGNT and I had 1 more HS than he did. My opponent took 11 Terminators and I definitely felt our lack of access to AP2 high strength weapons... how do you guys like to deal with lots of 2+ Sv's?

Also, I'm really feeling like my mauler is not worth it.. maybe I need to have a pair instead of running one by himself.

Allied chaos lord with AoBF is my go-to AP2. Usually enough attacks to wipe a unit of terminators, or at least leave too few alive to kill him in a single round. Never fought against GK, though.

I'm waiting with baited breath on Traitor Legions to see if it's worth finishing my Zerkers. I know the formation rules won't transfer over to my KDK but the idea of plausible Zerkers has my Butcher's Nails firing off.

Reeeeally excited about World Eaters. Please let them be good at assault. Please let them not suck.

Allied chaos lord with AoBF is my go-to AP2. Usually enough attacks to wipe a unit of terminators, or at least leave too few alive to kill him in a single round. Never fought against GK, though.

Reeeeally excited about World Eaters. Please let them be good at assault. Please let them not suck.

Considering that, I think it be a good idea to use the formation that lets you bring 3 Vindicators and gives the apocalyptic blast. I feel like driving those forward along with the rest of the Army will be a HUGE threat to whomever is receiving it.

As much as I hate the model I need to pick up a Skull Cannon. It would have made a huge difference if I could have summoned it in yesterday. I agree with others that it is probably the best unit to summon.

So now I'm playing the waiting game for that unit of CSM. Letting my bases dry overnight (glued grit onto them), and I ordered those transfers so that could take up to 2 months to get to me.

So now, I return to my passion project:

http://i.imgur.com/RzP0Covl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/POfWpzkl.jpg

Just gonna make them World Eaters since I have the FW transfer sheet. I'm looking forward to building the other ... 18 of them. :smile.:

My way of dealing with terminators is mass; throw a bunch of cultists at them and they will roll some ones. Granted, it helps that I frequently run 80 cultists.

But... all monstrous creatures are ap2, Axe of Khorne, Axe of Khor'lath, combi-weapons, etc. We can literally turn our mortal champions into AP2 beat-sticks for free.

I don't like allying from outside the book b/c it screws up my blood tithe synergy.

Also, I'm trying to find the rules for the kharybdis. Any intel on where they are? Its not on the forgeworld page anymore apparently.

Armour 13 Lost & the Damned has rule for the Kharybdis.

On another note - Once my Call of Chaos vows are complete should hopeful get some photos of my own Daemonkin/World Eater force.  Currently I have

- 60 Bloodletter (30 been painted for Call of Chaos)

- Single spure champion paint as a Lord, background 2nd in command

- Two squad of Chaos Marines, again one them for Call of Chaos right now

- Skull Cannon I'm going to paint up during the Christmas holidays,

- 2 Bloodthirster

- 3 Bloodcrusher

Army more work on/off project.  Main focuse is the Daemon side following the formation from Warhammer World blood oath book.  Just wanted to get back to daemon, but the Screamer Council list sort destroyed that hype.  It was only with the new Bloodthister model release last year (?) & Daemonkin made me really want to get back to my Daemons.

​I just need another 3x Bloodcrusher & another Skull cannon, as well as a few Soul Grinder.

Letting the transfers dry. They're pretty cool, but the yellow ink printed for the eyes is kinda wonky. You'd have to look REALLY close to notice, though:

http://i.imgur.com/JcDh4B5.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/B34m910.jpg

Very nice. ;) I love those cults in the KDK. They all looked so good I had trouble deciding on mine. I love that scheme, great transfer. I would say that if you don't like the yellow, it's an easy fix to just paint the red over it.

I think this is the right thread to post this, right?

Anyways, I've decided to not do my Consecrators army, and instead go for Khorne Daemonkin since my friend will be doing his own Dark Angels army, so I decided to go with my original choice of KdK.

That, and I love Maulerfiends. They are probably one of my favorite models and loyalists can't take Maulerfiends.

I've only got one problem. I've not an idea for what color scheme and things for details I should do. I'm thinking I should just go with the Iron Warriors scheme and add some Khornate symbols/runes, maybe? I don't know.

Do I post the list I've written here, or in the army list section? This feels like a dumb question, but I'm not sure.

I think this is the right thread to post this, right?

Anyways, I've decided to not do my Consecrators army, and instead go for Khorne Daemonkin since my friend will be doing his own Dark Angels army, so I decided to go with my original choice of KdK.

That, and I love Maulerfiends. They are probably one of my favorite models and loyalists can't take Maulerfiends.

I've only got one problem. I've not an idea for what color scheme and things for details I should do. I'm thinking I should just go with the Iron Warriors scheme and add some Khornate symbols/runes, maybe? I don't know.

Do I post the list I've written here, or in the army list section? This feels like a dumb question, but I'm not sure.

Do you have the codex? They have a bunch of great color scheme examples that go along with different the different warbands. However you can really do whatever color scheme you want and make up the fluff for your own warband. Definitely post up your list in the army list section.

Oh, yeah, I have the codex! I've seen the color schemes in there and I like all of them but I'm leaning toward the Eightscarred and Brazen Beasts, Eightscarred because I just like the simple red and black. Brazen Beasts because the bloody brass color sounds cool. Fluff-wise, both the Brazen Beasts and The Harvest are the ones I like. I'll make a thread in the army list section right now, thanks!

One thing I would keep in mind for the army is the colour scheme. Unless you really want to (like I did) stick to a KDK colour scheme, you can. However, if KDK become obsolete and never updated, then you may want to run them as World Eaters/ Iron Warriors as you mentioned earlier. In some ways, I wish I just painted World Eaters, but the Wrath colour scheme is too cool for me to pass on.

One thing I would keep in mind for the army is the colour scheme. Unless you really want to (like I did) stick to a KDK colour scheme, you can. However, if KDK become obsolete and never updated, then you may want to run them as World Eaters/ Iron Warriors as you mentioned earlier. In some ways, I wish I just painted World Eaters, but the Wrath colour scheme is too cool for me to pass on.

I just looked through your thread, and I have to say that your stuff looks great! Especially the Maulerfiend. I've been thinking about color schemes, and the Brazen Beasts' or a variation of the Iron Warriors' is probably what I want to do. Though, I'm not sure on what/how I want to do it. Especially when it comes to the bloody brass color, I'm really not sure how to do that bit.

• 2 weeks later...

Man, your army looks great! I'll say it again, but I just love your Maulerfiend. They're one of my favorite models in 40k.

On a different note, I've decided to paint up my army as Khorne dedicated Word Bearers. They and the Iron Warriors are my two favorite CSM legions, and of the two a Word Bearers warband makes more sense to me. And the fact that Betrayal at Calth has some nice Word Bearers transfers.

• 2 weeks later...

True enough. I was debating it since Sergeants have to challenge, I thought that Shred would come in handy since the To Wound and To Hit rolls are the most important parts against 3+ since both weapons are AP3, so rerolling failed To Wound sounded like a good idea. I dunno.

Also, are Warp Talons and/or Raptors any good? They seem like they'd do pretty nicely, and if something fails it's Blind test the Warp Talons will do pretty nicely.

Archived