++Blood for the Blood God: Daemonkin community++

I like his "Come at me Bro" stance.

Was playing a game last night, 3000pts, KDK+DA/CSM Vs DA and SW.

My team mate had a small force of CSM to complet his list to 3000pts, wich he used as Fallens.

The other DA player had a huge amount of Rhinos( 8) with guys in it and 2 Ravenwing formations with their stupid "Overwatch at 24" and interception" special rule, 2x The big special Skimmer and 3 Typhoons speeder in each.

Had fielded my Khorne Knight to test it, and added Juggers and a second Maulerfiend+Heldrake to complet the list.

With the SW player we decided to not use the DftS rules for sake of simplicity.

End of the game we win 22-21, while we had a huge headstart, they slowly crept on us, while the SW deathstar breezed through my mate DA's, while i was breezing through the other DA .

To keep it short the highlights of the game;

-Other DA exploded my Knight turn 1, with a dropped Lascan dread on my rear, he used the combined firepower of the Ravenwing squadrons to chip it and put a nail in the coffin with a lucky Lascan shot, now i don't take this as a satisfiying result for the Knight, since this guy is knowed to be overly lucky with his dice roles, he's the guy that looks at you dead in the eyes and tells" i'm gonna roll a 6", and he :cussing does it...

-Heldrake and Gorepack destroyed the 2 Ravenwing formations after some stupid heavy Overwatch phases, wich gave me a breather when his only firepower from thn on was Rhinos strombolters and the guys inside the transports.

-One of my Maulers manage to penetrate the ennemy lines to cross the whole table to get some SW tanks on the rear, we whee playing on 2 tables and my Mauler started at the right side of the left table, to end on the right upper side of the right table, wich is quite impressive in only 2 turns, exploded a rhino and a razorback on the way, was left with 1 HP before going for the Lascan Pred and regaining a HP, was finally destroyed by the combined fire of 4 units.

-SW unit with guys that wears only Runic armor, is bullcrap, 2+ rerollable save, is just plain stupidity, and of course 3 of them had a 4++...

-Will never forget the face of the SW player when my LR shooted his Stormfang flyer out of the sky, first roll with the LAscans, 4 and 5, reroll double 6!, penetrating hits with double 5's!, mis one of his Jinks save, 5!, goodbye Stormfang.

-Tarpitted a Dread with a SKull cannon for 3 turns, had a shot at the Ravenwing speeders and destroyed 2 of them before the Hounds assaulted them, then the Cannon turned his attention to the Dread, shot at it, made him loose an HP, then HoW him, managed to take another HP and destroy his Assault Cannon, unfortunatly could finish it because of bad rolls, same thing for the Dread, so he decided in the last turn to ditch the cannon and tryied to get the rear of my rhino on the objective with his HFlamer, but missed it.

Overall a fun game, even if the other DA player can be really anoying with his lucky dice rolls, he's still a nice block, and the SW player is a chill old dude, who likes to joke around, to the extent that he should play Space Trolls rather then Space Wolves.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh190/MidnightRunner81/Mobile%20Uploads/image_51.jpeg

Like us true followers of the Blood God already knew, but nice to get an official ruling over the Fist of Khorne :D

....and a link to the Codex FAQ draft -

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=1624997304487569&id=1575682476085719&set=pcb.1625001914487108&source=48

Note the Axe of Ruin ruling.

So pretty much exactly as most people appeared to have been playing things. Pretty lame about the Axe of Khorne restriction staying in place, but it's not like we assumed that was an oversight so much as poor design.

You know the rules lawyers are still going to get screechy/whiny about the Fist of Khorne, despite the definitive REGARDLESS OF WHICH TURN text. Mark my words.

Yeah, true. Oh well. Gives me the motivation to finish building mine. Have most of the pieces cleaned, but must still straighten warped pieces with the ol' blowdryer.

So pretty much exactly as most people appeared to have been playing things. Pretty lame about the Axe of Khorne restriction staying in place, but it's not like we assumed that was an oversight so much as poor design.

You know the rules lawyers are still going to get screechy/whiny about the Fist of Khorne, despite the definitive REGARDLESS OF WHICH TURN text. Mark my words.

I'm going to guess you meant Kor'lath Axe and not Axe of Khorne?? I don't remember reading anything about the Axe of Khorne.

Is the fist of Khorne any good/ competitive?

I'm going to guess you meant Kor'lath Axe and not Axe of Khorne?? I don't remember reading anything about the Axe of Khorne.

There's a question asking if heralds and daemon princes are supposed to be able to purchase an axe of Khorne, and the answer was no.

I think the fist of Khorne can be decent in the right situation. I can see the berzerkers being deleted by riptide interceptor spam, but in most fights should be okay. Grenade nerf reduces their effectiveness against vehicles and MC by a TON though.

There's a question asking if heralds and daemon princes are supposed to be able to purchase an axe of Khorne, and the answer was no.

I think the fist of Khorne can be decent in the right situation. I can see the berzerkers being deleted by riptide interceptor spam, but in most fights should be okay. Grenade nerf reduces their effectiveness against vehicles and MC by a TON though.

It'd be nice if the Riptides could be targeted by the D hit from the kharybdis... I wonder if that would prevent a few interceptor shots if those units are destroyed.

Yeah, I think excluding Monstrous/Gargantuan Creatures was a real mistake. At least GMC. Oh well, no sense being greedy when it'll do a number on vehicles (unless you're a person who rolls a vastly disproportionate amount of 1's on your dice, like a certain juggernaut-obsessed madman you may know).

The player gets to choose which flight mode it arrives in, is the only answer so far.

Given the prohibition from charging the turn it arrives from Deep Strike, a 1 turn delay then he can charge. Still sucky but it beats a two turn delay!

If the player chooses which mode... doesn't that ignore the deep strike rule? I believe a turn 1 charge is improbable at any rate unless your Kor'lath Lord is killed on your opponents T1 and you declare him to be gliding once he is summoned. He then should be able to charge your T1.

No, I see no way around the can't charge rule just because you can choose flight modes. Read the section on deep strike, it says you can't assault that turn.

Only space marines and the Fist of Khorne (that I know of) can ignore the rule due to formation special rules.

No, I see no way around the can't charge rule just because you can choose flight modes. Read the section on deep strike, it says you can't assault that turn.

Only space marines and the Fist of Khorne (that I know of) can ignore the rule due to formation special rules.

No I completely understand the rule on deepstrike. However if we were merely operating off of the deepstrike rule I am fairly certain the controlling player is not able to choose flight modes. I still think summoning while functioning like deepstrike is a separate rule from deepstrike itself.

No I completely understand the rule on deepstrike. However if we were merely operating off of the deepstrike rule I am fairly certain the controlling player is not able to choose flight modes. I still think summoning while functioning like deepstrike is a separate rule from deepstrike itself.

Then I guess I'm just confused about what you mean. What about the summoning makes you think they can charge the same turn they're summoned? Don't get me wrong, I'd like for you to be right, but I've never seen anything to suggest it could happen that way.

The "choose the flight mode when coming from DS" is in the Facebook FaQs, when a FMC comes on the board in DS it can choose to be either in jump or in Flying mode.

It doesn't change the fact though that since it comes from DS ( because summoning is a fancy way to call DS for Daemons), it cannot assault in the same turn.

It says in the Blood tith chart that a unit "summoned" use the DS rules.

The "choose the flight mode when coming from DS" is in the Facebook FaQs, when a FMC comes on the board in DS it can choose to be either in jump or in Flying mode.

It doesn't change the fact though that since it comes from DS ( because summoning is a fancy way to call DS for Daemons), it cannot assault in the same turn.

It says in the Blood tith chart that a unit "summoned" use the DS rules.

Yeah, that sums up everything I know about the situation. I don't see a way to assault on the same turn.

While I'm not doing anything for ETL, I am starting a KDK army. As such I'm going to be doing a fair number of conversions in addition to my painting (which will mean starting a proper plog later) but in the mean time I wanted to share how awesome the Blood Warriors look as Berserkers (sorry about the size, I potatoed this at my FLGS since the lighting was good):

http://i.imgur.com/RwbqZaW.jpg

Long and short of the kitbash: backpacks glue straight on without needing any real special adjustments (I lined the top rounded section up with the curve of the back armor of the Blood Warriors and once the glue set it worked like magic), and to create me "long handled" pistols (with reinforced butts for face bashing!) I took armoured arms and clipped off the top half of the axe. I then cut the pistols off of the CSM hands (the style didn't really fit the models I'm using here and almost all of those are lefties anyways while most of the bare arms I wanted to use were also left hands), shaved it off to fit the new hands and lined things up so any curved axe handles were in line with the pistols. The Champion gained a holstered pistol and the Icon Bearer got the CSM Khorne shoulder pad to preserve the asymetrical look.

Said asymetrical look is important to me since the classic "one bare arm holding an axe" look for Berserkers was one I fell in love with as a conceptual thing (I'm prone to latching onto silly things like that) so I used it here (there are armoured arms one could use to get a more standard look, but I wanted these guys to really stand out as something special on the table as an army so here we go).

So that's the first unit basically built (I should build two more to round the unit out to 10 even if I run them MSU but I won't likely do that today at least), and as my FLGS restocks Blood Warriors I'll continue this build (though I will not keep buying CSM boxes everytime because it turns this into basically a $10/model unit and even as a Sisters player that's too steep for me to sustain).

As a rule of thumb I'm going to convert anything CSM related to try and make it as interesting as possible, though mileage may ultimately vary if I succeeded or not.

Then I guess I'm just confused about what you mean. What about the summoning makes you think they can charge the same turn they're summoned? Don't get me wrong, I'd like for you to be right, but I've never seen anything to suggest it could happen that way.

So are you saying they cannot assault if they are summoned on the opponents turn 1? 

The Problem with rules discussions about the FAQ at this Point is, many of the FAQs changes things, that are clearly written otherwise. 

People want summoning to be different than Deep Strike but it isn't. While now at least you can change flight Modes when summoned, I don't think they want summoned creatures to attak the Turn they are summoned. 

Think of it as ajusting to the mortal realm for a sec.

The only think rulewise I heard or know to this subject is, that, Daemons summoned via Blood Tithes are "Deep striked" befor the movement phase, thus can move the Turn they come into play, but still not assault.

No I completely understand the rule on deepstrike. However if we were merely operating off of the deepstrike rule I am fairly certain the controlling player is not able to choose flight modes. I still think summoning while functioning like deepstrike is a separate rule from deepstrike itself.

So are you saying they cannot assault if they are summoned on the opponents turn 1?

Ah I didn't consider that scenario. I'll have to read exactly how things are worded (game turn vs. player turn).

*edit*

After reading I'd say a Kor'lath thirster should be able to do it. Deep Strike rules talk about "that turn's" phases such as shooting and assault, and while it doesn't mention player vs. game turn I'd say it's player turn, since there isn't only a single shooting or assault phase in a game turn. What a bunch of silliness, all this rules analysis.

Technically yes, but one can argue that when it says "turn" it means your own turn, even though no where does it specifically say it, its what you call shenanigans...

It does actually specifically say it. Unless it says otherwise, turn always means player turn, and not game turn.

Archived