++Blood for the Blood God: Daemonkin community++

Yup, Daemon Princes strike at Initative with Goredrinker,

and yes I used 2 D-thristers quite often in my 1500-2000 Point Games. Problem is they get really expensive and are not that hard to kill (although they loose most wounds to me not making armor saves).

2nd Problem for these guys is the target Saturation. Most of the Time your Opponent just doesn't have enough hard targets for 2 D-Thirsters, but I like to be sure to get get the biggest target (thats why I play 2). When I can finally convince myself to convert my Knight I would like to play 1 D-thirster alongside a Knight.

But if you consider getting a second Bloodthirster do it, just because the model is so freaking awesome.

Btw these Bloodletters look hella nice, but looks like a lot of work too.

I really want to try an allied Cyclopia Cabal along with my KDK list. Casting invis on the D-Thirsters sounds like win-sauce to me. And due to the BftBG special rule I'm pretty sure if you throw the Cabal in a unit of Flesh hounds they'd gain the benefits from the bloodtithes... correct me if I'm wrong.

You're right, they would. I like the idea of the Cabal, but psychic powers frustrate me. Unreliable, deniable, roll the wrong powers, etc. I guess you can always count on the 6th ed Mind Control power of the formation and various primaris powers, i.e. psychic shriek, let's not kid ourselves. :P

I've also used 2 D-Thirsters, multiple times. Better than only using 1, because as mentioned, they're really easy to kill (Mechanicum and Iron Warriors, both lots of shooting). Typically they only live long enough to charge 1 unit, and then get peppered to death after obliterating their target.

As for what to leave at home, I'd say nothing. If you like something, try it out. Certain units like Warp Talons, Bloodcrushers, and Helbrutes are unlikely to be the MVPs of the game but will probably look really badass as the opponent turns them into swiss cheese. :D

Good points, there really are a lot more units/formations I want to try out just to see how they perform.

Venom, since you're always doing cool conversions I have an idea to bounce off of you, what do you think about a Lord of Skulls conversion that's basically a D-Thirster Riding a Baneblade chariot? I thought it'd be cool to borrow your idea of bloodletters spawning out of the hull and decking it out with plenty of skulls. It'd be an insanely expensive conversion but I'm somewhat tempted.

I'm somewhat struggling to come to terms with the lack of certain CSM units in the KDK codex and Forgeworlds response to their options that we are able to take. From the fluff stand point the Codex is all about the followers of Khorne both the Daemons and the warbands that are dedicated to his service/worship... correct? Does that mean they dumped all of their logistical and combat support equipment when they decided to serve Khorne? 

this is my last email between FW and myself:

I'm trying to get some clarification on which FW models I can include in my Khorne Daemonkin Army and specifically if I can include a Spartan tank. Since the KDK book already has Land Raiders in it and because the World Eaters did have access to Spartans I figured it would make sense from a fluff stand point. Has there been a more up to date list for FW models for KDK and will the Spartan tank be a model that we can include?

Thanks for contacting us. We will no doubt publish an FAQ at some point in the future to cover Codex releases such as the Daemonkin but in the meantime you can certainly use any of our models from the IA13 book that have the Mark of Khorne, can be dedicated to Khorne (in the case of vehicles) or are Khorne Daemons in your Daemonkin army as part of an Unbound force and most definitely in a regular force if your gaming group are happy for you to do so in a ‘House Rule’ environment. 

In the meantime you can consider any of the 40k Chaos Units from the IA13 book that also have the Mark of Khorne/Daemon of Khorne as having the Blood for Blood God rule when you're using them in a Daemonkin Army as well.

If you plan on using some of our Chaos units in a tournament or event then we recommend contacting the event organisers for any clarifications but we are certainly happy for you to use them there.

I don't have IA13.. can legion vehicles be given marks (I do not believe they can from the rules I have seen)? It's weird that we have Rhinos and Land Raiders in our codex and nothing else beyond that... Would warbands of CSM not bring their machines of war in their service to the blood god? It's also kind of weird KDK have access to the 'Fist of Khorne' formation and right now cannot out right take a dreadclaw or kharybdis without allies... I really don't know why they dodged my question entirely either. What do you guys think? 

Yeah, it's a pretty lame situation. Stuff like this just isn't a priority from them. 

If you play with the same players/friends consistently, I'd say just propose what you want to use. There really aren't any units that are so overpowered or unfluffy (I guess Nurgle/Tzeentch/Slaanesh units) in IA:13 that are totally out of place in a KDK army. Maybe things that have no analog in KDK don't belong, such as really shooty units like rapiers, predators, fire raptors, etc. But transports and anything assault oriented should be fair game.

Definitely ignore the part about Unbound. We can already do that, and it doesn't require house-ruling anything. In addition, by current GW FAQ ruling, you couldn't even have your KDK units start the game in the Spartan. 

Let me track down the list I made of units that I think absolutely have a place in a KDK list:

*Replace any instance of Daemonic Instability with Fearless, instead (if applicable):

-        Chaos Warhound Titan

o   Must purchase the Dedication to Khorne upgrade

-        Chaos Reaver Titan:

-        Chaos Land Raider Proteus

-        Chaos Land Raider Achilles

-        Chaos Spartan Assault Tank

-        Chaos Storm Eagle Assault Gunship

-        Chaos Dreadclaw Drop Pod

-        Chaos Kharybdis Assault Claw

-        Ferrum Infernus Chaos Dreadnought

-        Chaos Contemptor Dreadnought

-        Greater Brass Scorpion of Khorne

-        Blood Slaughterer of Khorne

-        Chaos Decimator

-        An’ggrath the Unbound

-        Uraka ‘The Warfiend’, Daemon Prince of Khorne

-        Spined Chaos Beast

o   Must purchase the Daemon of Khorne upgrade

-        Giant Chaos Spawn

-        Zhufor, the Impaler

I appreciate the list Venom and I concur with you on those units. I almost wish you hadn't posted that though... now I just want to buy, buy, buy!

I think a Typhon also has it's place in KDK.. :wink: probably vindicators as well. Could you imagine a Squadron of Vindicators with BftBG earning Bloodtithes...

• 1 month later...

So.. it appears Chaos is getting somewhat of a boost with these new Traitors Hate coming out and it also appears Khorne is getting even more goodies! I'm pretty stoked about the prospect of using Khårn in our KDK armies (or even better a way to use him in the slaughtercult). It also looks like Chaos is going to get a slew of new psychic powers. Fluff wise out of Tzeentch and Nurgle who are Khorne more likely to ally with (and yes I do mean Tzeentch and Nurgle CSM not Daemons)? I'm considering using an allied force to boost our Khornate bringers of death to new hieghts of kill, maim, burn-ness!

With Khârn in KDK the big Question is how to transport him, can we take a Dreadclaw, or do we just run a Rhino, or is Khârn worth a Landraider.

I am also pretty excited about that Chaos release, hope there is something fun in it, Scout for example would be nice for Zerkers, no need for Rhinos anymore, but that won't really be fluffy, we have to see.

BTW Prot, nice stickers, where did you get those?

With Khârn in KDK the big Question is how to transport him, can we take a Dreadclaw, or do we just run a Rhino, or is Khârn worth a Landraider.

I am also pretty excited about that Chaos release, hope there is something fun in it, Scout for example would be nice for Zerkers, no need for Rhinos anymore, but that won't really be fluffy, we have to see.

No, the real question is the Land Raider worthy of Khårn!

I've been thinking about transports a lot here lately.. it does seem funny KDK (and to a greater extent CSM) don't have better Assault vehicle options considering we are nothing but an assault based Army. I'm really pissed at FW for dropping the ball on what options KDK can take. I really don't feel like "anything MoK related is fine" does not cut it and is playing it rather safe. IMO because the fist of Khorne formation exists we should absolutely have access to Kharybdis and Anvillus Dreadclaws... but I just know there will be pissy opponents out there that will have an issue with it. I'm hoping deep down that the Deadclaw will go plastic and us and our CSM brothers will gain access to those. 

No, the real question is the Land Raider worthy of Khårn!

I've been thinking about transports a lot here lately.. it does seem funny KDK (and to a greater extent CSM) don't have better Assault vehicle options considering we are nothing but an assault based Army. I'm really pissed at FW for dropping the ball on what options KDK can take. I really don't feel like "anything MoK related is fine" does not cut it and is playing it rather safe. IMO because the fist of Khorne formation exists we should absolutely have access to Kharybdis and Anvillus Dreadclaws... but I just know there will be pissy opponents out there that will have an issue with it. I'm hoping deep down that the Deadclaw will go plastic and us and our CSM brothers will gain access to those.

Just saying if there was some sort of rhino with assault ramp and the door in the front, i'd be so happy. Just build the rhino backwards and give it assault vehicle gw! Ill shell out money for it!

I dunno where Prot got his, but I got mine from www.stickeryou.com

:P

Yoinked the picture off of google, $17 + shipping for the sheet of 9 stickers.

I really Hope that the Khârn in KDK bit is true, even though it would be surprising since the book focus on BL and CS and no mention of KDK is made anywhere...

Now usually w<hen i was playing CSM, i always would put Khârn + Chosens in a Raider, heavy points price tag, but still worth it.

I really Hope that the Khârn in KDK bit is true, even though it would be surprising since the book focus on BL and CS and no mention of KDK is made anywhere...

Now usually w<hen i was playing CSM, i always would put Khârn + Chosens in a Raider, heavy points price tag, but still worth it.

Lol.. I literally just posted about this in the Rumors thread. Are you really basing the BL/CS thing on that one paragraph that mentioned them one time. GW is advertising the Limited Edition set as 'Books for the Blood God' I have seen nothing hinting towards BL/CS except for that one paragraph and then a bunch of speculation. I do not see why it wouldn't be true about Khårn and KDK....

Because too good to be true?

Heck in the latest i've heard there is Word Bearers mentioned, i still don't see any KDK.

But maybe we will be surprised, since no one saw it coming for the renegade knights relics and traits.

KDK does not need a formation in the book just to get access to Khårn. All that's necessary is a little note in Khårn's datasheet that says something to the effect of "Khårn can be brought as an HQ choice for CSM and KDK factions.." and we're good to go. Everything that has referenced Khårn that we have seen so far has talked about his service to Khorne or has mentioned "blood god." So either they are dropping hints about Khårn being able to be used in KDK... THE blood god's faction, or, GW has turned into the worst of sadistic teasers (not even Slaanesh would stoop so low. Okay, maybe he would)... that's a little cruel even for them. Before this release all we heard was Khårn serves Abbadon. Upon this release all we're hearing (reading) is Khårn and Khorne... read between the lines my friend. 

I just don't understand why he wasn't in the KDK codex from the get-go. As players, we justified it as Khârn not being interested in summoning daemons and such. Then they verified that his omission wasn't a mistake. I just can't figure out why they would allow him now, unless the FAQ people were just sticking to the books and had no idea this supplement was coming. Don't get me wrong, I sure as :cuss hope they do, but it's a funny way of doing it.

I'm considering flitting back to KDK because let's be honest here while we know there's a CSM supplement coming, it's unlikely that it will fix a lot of the problems while KDK is still a fairly mid-tier army from what I've seen and can do well.  Also I like the idea that I can use the daemons in Age of Sigmar too (where I'm really really really tempted by the Khorne army there too).  

Most lists I see though are always like "Daemons and Friends" generally with just Possessed and sometimes a token Chaos Lord for EEOC compliance (I hear Slaanesh is the head of that one).  Anyways joking aside, is it possible to have a good/decent KDK list that has Marines in them, like Berserkers and such?  I don't mind daemons and hell Bloodletters look cool, but I still want to feel like it's a combined Marine/Daemon army not just Daemons.  Also I really like the looks of Maulerfiends and Soulgrinders (I hear the latter are pretty good).

Also how viable is a Daemon Prince?  Love the model for him, but I always see Juggerlords and the like (which is also on the list of things, but fluffwise I like the idea of the warband's leader achieving that lofty goal of Daemonhood)?

BFTBG

Archived