[HH1.0] The Sons of Barbarus : A Death Guard Tactica Thread

We are discussing the Moritat with phase walker.... but its not really uniquely death guard is it?

Lets talk about:

What can we do with the Barbarian Thurible?  How can we stack rad grenades, destoyer missiles and the thurible for maximum devastation (and ease of killing Thanatars and castelax). How can we stack Phosphex from medusas and lightnings with our characters and Mortarion?  

Any unique synergy when we combine our abilities with Mechanicum / Solar/ Knights/ Cults or even other legions?

I call this unit... The "What in the emperors name is that?"

Preator: Iron halo, nanyte blaster, Barbarian thurible, rad nades, power axe

9 Heavy support guys with: Shredding heavy flamers

and a transport of your choice.

Enjoy, you just got 9 templates that hit automatically, re-roll wounds, wound on a 3+ and when charged, 9D3 S5 hits that re-roll to wound while the enemy unit gets -2 to their thoughness

Oh and, nanyte blaster.. Because.. Nanananananananyte blaster

Hence the -2 toughness. The thing I like about the blaster is that it can be overwatched.

Isn't it a template?

Direct fire that then has a 50/50 chance to blob.

Talking about the nanyte blaster... Can it blob on a multiwound model?

Hence the -2 toughness. The thing I like about the blaster is that it can be overwatched.

Isn't it a template?

Id need to check the wording but I think its only if the model dies?

Isn't it a template?

Id need to check the wording but I think its only if the model dies?

Got home and checked (trying to theoryhammer at work never ends well) and yes the model has to die. Bummer.

I think that makes it a bit more Reasonable. The Same Model Triggering the Grey Goo Blast multiple times during the same shooting phase would make no real sense since its Nanomachines breaking you down into your composant materials and self-replicating before moving onto the next target :p

It would also make it Hilariously OP (as if it wasn't already) vs Multi-Wound Squads like, say, Firedrakes, Red Butchers, GK Paladins, etc.

You don't unless it's like 3k+. You can't take advantage of the only benefit in smaller games. Even then it's how much you can fill your heavy slots and then get out of HS squads compared to what your opponent can take to remove mass power armour. Imo it's very hard to be points efficient with it

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if it has been discussed but:

Pride of the legion. Does it work for DG? It feels very fluffy with all the DG being expected to fight with everything they can in all roles (Vets) and use of heavy unrelenting infantry (Termies).

Between HQ Deathshroud, Troop Cataprachii and heavy support Grave wardens (that I LOVE btw) we get a lot of terms.

How would you use them? Artillery support? Transports? Deep strike?

What kind of Hqs?

Becoming heavily invested in the DG (at least until I see where BA go in the Heresy) and with the plastic box reportedly perfect for a pride force, I'm interested.

The shooting game of DG termies is very weak in all aspects.

You will need to complement it with strong ranged support that can work independently while your forces creep forward. The main need would naturally be anti tank weaponry.

Podding Grav Dreadnoughts/Grav Rapiers. 

Want to try to avoid the drop pod route if possible. I have them for my BA and before any games with them I know I don't want to buy more :P let alone the FW ones.

I'd probably go for something like Medusas or Vindicators as support. Maybe laser destroyers.

Aye, I've been picking up old style tanks where I can - May well save a few of them for the DG...

How about Mortarion, he certainly seems like one of the stronger Primarchs! How is best to use him?

His buffs are a mixed bag though:

• The poisoned 4+ on Frag though seems a little useless as most frag wounds marines on 4+ anyway... And I guess High T ad mech you're better off using Krak missiles?
  • But Stubborn with our Immunity to fear is AWESOME.
Edited by Charlo

Other Primarchs and anything Contemptor or above will likely eat him. He's nice against AdMech though.

Yeah, you're probably right.

It's a shame he's unwieldy for seemingly no reason. He should only be Unwieldy with the Sweep attacks IMO.

He's insane at destroying any legion terms and such though IMO. Plus if you don't warp he has some nice shooting potential.

ALSO, really excited to see how we might utilize the new RoW when they come, including our own new unique one. Not long to wait :)

Edited by Charlo

Okay so I've ended up buying Morty, some Grave Wardens, 3 Deathshroud and some basic dudes (only 5 though).

I really love rad weapons, really one of the reasons I want to play the DG.

How should I progress? Of note is that I will probably buy the Heresy starter set which will give me more Tacs/ vets and terminators, so perhaps pride?

While I'm not 100% set on the DG yet (I'm wary that they are just Gunna become 30k plague Marines which I don't want) I love these models so maybe I can get use of them before I change my mind on which Legion I'm doing.

Edited by Charlo