ETL IV - What's that noise?

Olis

Reporting my second vow of 290pts complete biggrin.png

Picture:

Hidden Content
gallery_30308_10714_154786.png

Major Jon Erasmus
Hidden Content
Long before his ascension to higher positions and the award of his Dukedom, Erasmus plied his trade as a humble tank commander under the wing of the infamous Britain. He quietly built a reputation as a fair man, as deeply connected to honour and duty as any of his Arukani peers but also passionate about the men and women under his command. It was this kindness that earned him the affectionate nickname "Uncle Ras" which he still bears with pride, though its use generally fell aside when he earned the moniker of "the Iron Duke".

Selflessly putting himself and his tanks in the greatest dangers to protect others his actions not only made him beloved by the common soldiery but also noticed by high command. Units under him would take fewer casualties and fought with more enthusiasm and morale than usual, they would make faster progress and eagerly routed enemies despite some terrible odds against them. As to be expected his talents were quickly made use of, placing him in the most pivotal battles and in the most lethal situations but undaunted he carried on as before no matter what insane risks he took to save others.

Is is therefore little surprise that he rapidly found himself ascending the ranks. He had the pick of vehicles and positions but he always chose what benefited others the most, thinking not of himself. He became so highly regarded that he was awarded the title of Duke in honour of his service yet the modest man was unchanged by it. As war rages ever more across the domain of man and His enemies grow stronger and bolder every day Erasmus would eventually be forced to leave behind his trusty steed for a new command, as to better serve those under his protection from the predations of the foe and their terrible war machines and monstrosities.

If Erasmus was death incarnate in a Leman Russ, what terrors might he unleash upon the enemies of mankind in something larger?

He's on a big tank, I don't think it really matters what he's wearing laugh.png I noticed the first post has yet to be updated, are we missing a few vows on there? I hope so otherwise the numbers are looking a little thin confused.gif Come on Liber, where's all the vows and their background pieces (pictures optional, but a nice bonus)? It's like getting a free vow for each one you make :P

• 2 weeks later...

Vow Completed! biggrin.png
165 points for the Liber!

gallery_46204_9220_520347.jpg

"We Hunt Nightmares!" - Battle Cry of the White Hawks

The White Hawks are one of the foremost Chapters of the Circle of Iron, a covenant of six Space Marine Chapters created in the Eighteenth Founding for the purpose of warding all threats from in and around the Glastheim Rift, a terrible, warp-storm wracked area of space and hive of Traitor activity.

Hailing from the feudal world of Talhon, the White Hawks traditionally train recruits by pitting them against a staggering array of beasts, both native to their homeworld or on other worlds throughout the dominion of the Circle of Iron.

Bold, proud, and utterly undaunted by even the most impossible odds, the White Hawks are amongst the most stalwart defenders of humanity.

... I knew I'd forgotten to post this somewhere.

Vow Completed!

90 Points for the Liber!

gallery_46204_9220_887872.jpg

Chaplain Ferredun of the White Hawks marches to war!

MOAR PICS can be found in this thread: The Lauss Rift

EDIT:

Also there's MOAR writing on the subject of Chaplains, amongst other things. Can't go forgetting the fluff, now!

Chaplain Ferredun of the White Hawks marches to war!

with that rather... exotic pauldron that may not fit into a harness i'd say he has little choice :)

looks good though!

i was thinking the other day that i like the smooth helmet version more than the rebreather look.

don't know if could be bothered redoing all my models though.

just wondering are they stock? forgeworld? greenstuff?

@Ace- Thank you, sir. If it looks like a sandstorm then I did my job biggrin.png.

@Paul- Although I would like to put something on the shield, the very fact that it is a black, sun-bleached item of great honourific value speaks more than any image could convey, in my view. Here you have a, if you are part of a Household, place that bears your title and also your Household's Arms. If you are a Freeblade, you may put whatever you feel upon it. What both positions have in common is the idea that this tilting plate is a part of the Knight's (and the pilot's, but they are one and the same) identity.

So, to have it coloured black and left alone speaks volumes of the person within, especially when coupled with the scroll stone on his chest that says "Exile" in Arabic.

I love this question. Thank you very much for asking it smile.png!

Following in Meh's fine example here are 535pts for the Liber! There are more pictures in my WIP topic if you're interested smile.png

gallery_30308_10714_44742.jpg

Background:

Hidden Content
The super heavy tank "Wrath of Mars" has a long and noble history record, serving in many notable battles but a learned eye would soon identify that all the listed battles are defensive engagements, many heroic ones of wide repute. It is said the machine spirit is old and cantancerous, not given to long journies and preferring for the battle to come to her - where she shines is on the defensive, holding the line against inumerable and terrible foes. In such battles the huge war beast is said to hum diligently, machinery always in flawless working order. So much so that legend has it during the Siege of Jora where waves of gigantic Tyranid bio-monstrosities strode over the plains Wrath of Mars performed to such a degree that the attending Enginseer wept at seeing such perfection, claiming to have witnessed the Omnissiah through her.

As to be expected, the commander of a legendary vehicle must be a legend himself - and all the more special given the Wrath's perculiarities. So does this task fall to Duke Jon Erasmus, an oddity of the 144th's tankers as much as Wrath is an unusual tank. Unlike his peers Erasmus is quiet and unassuming, more concerned with efficiently doing his duty than anything else. When he does speak it is only to say something of importance, and his care for the common soldiery is widely known.

The impact of morale when a super heavy takes to the field is always significant, but when the troops spot Erasmus in the Wrath of Mars the difference is said to be worth another regiment on top - or even more. Erasmus fights like a lion to protect every life, vehicle and building and from the cupola of the Wrath has never come close to anything but total victory. To attack the 144th when they are entrenched with the Machine god's greatest weapons is foolishness, to assault a position held by Erasmus nothing less than a mad rush to death.

@Ace- Thank you, sir. If it looks like a sandstorm then I did my job biggrin.png.

'Sandstorm' might not be a bad name for the Knight, come to think of it. happy.png

But then I suppose it depends on the imagery you want the name to convey - going on your description of the reasoning for the bare shield, I'd maybe suggest 'nomad', 'outcast' or 'wanderer' as potential names, too.

*Epic Tank & Backstory*

Now there's a tank even a Berserker would think twice about charging. blink.png

I think I see the Omnissiah's touch in that paint job, brother - it looks every bit as hardened and unbreakable as it's backstory suggests! biggrin.png

However many points I said it was are now finished. 1070? Something like that.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g79/Dragonlover63/IMG_0263.jpg

Ignore the guys in blue for Liber purposes.

Dragonlover

Archived