WilhelmMiniatures' WIP projects-04.03.16, Blight Terminators

Awesome looking plaguebearer nice and disgusting looking smile.png

Yep, looks great!

Cheers! I'm glad you like the Plaguebearer.

A couple of months ago, I converted a Slaaneshi Chaos Lord from the remains of Fulgrim. Since last time I've started to create a warband for him. I'm thinking a similar colour-sheme and basing as my Daemon Fulgrim and his squad of fallen Emperors Children. Maybe they'll end up being an army some day.

EClordWIP.JPG

NMgroupWIP.JPG

NMterminetorsWIP.JPG

NMpossessed2WIPWIP.JPG

NMcontemptorWIP.JPG

You can check out more on my blog!

Awesome looking plaguebearer nice and disgusting looking :)

Yep, looks great!

Cheers! I'm glad you like the Plaguebearer. 

A couple of months ago, I converted a Slaaneshi Chaos Lord from the remains of Fulgrim. Since last time I've started to create a warband for him. I'm thinking a similar colour-sheme and basing as my Daemon Fulgrim and his squad of fallen Emperors Children. Maybe they'll end up being an army some day.

EClordWIP.JPG

NMgroupWIP.JPG

NMterminetorsWIP.JPG

NMpossessed2WIPWIP.JPG

NMcontemptorWIP.JPG

You can check out more on my blog!

Loving the slaaneshi warband! Is the bottom blastmaster guy based on a gal vorbak? They look awesome!

Awe inspiring stuff with the Emperor's Children! People have to stop doing such cool things with the corrupt ones, you are tempting me away from my nice loyalist....

The dreadnaught is superb, I shall definitely be stealing that idea at some point! 

Can't wait to see them painted!

Cheers guys, Thanks for the comments!

01RTB01: The Blastmaster wielding beast is based on a Gal Vorback indeed. 

The Chaos Lord has longer proportioned legs to his body which is appropriate for a sleek Slaaneshi!

Is that a Screamer tail for the Contemptors arm? Great replacement either way!

Thank you! Yes, that is a Screamer tail. I thought it was fitting, like a slaaneshi tentacle-whip.

Awe inspiring stuff with the Emperor's Children! People have to stop doing such cool things with the corrupt ones, you are tempting me away from my nice loyalist....

The dreadnaught is superb, I shall definitely be stealing that idea at some point! 

Can't wait to see them painted!

It's always easier to make cool looking bad guys! Loyalists can't have crazy looking mutations. 

So, time for yet another new project! From my blog:

I've never made any Space Wolves before. The reason is that I never really liked them, the GW versions at least. There are some cool ideas and artworks of the Space Wolves, especially from the Horus Heresy, but the models really don't do them justice. They are supposed to be based on vikings, which could have been really cool, if GW did it right. Instead they made baby blue armoured Space Marines with ridiculous hair-styles and fangs. And then there are the new Wulfen, who are basically space werewolves, which I find quite tacky.

The idea behind the Wulfen is however quite interesting. They are a company of the original legion traveling through the Warp and raiding daemon-worlds for 10.000 years, until they suddenly broke through the warp and came back. In my opinion the werewolf part should just be their reputation and how they are described in horrific tales by the survivors who have encountered the Wulfen. But in truth they are not much different from other creatures exposed to the warp for too long, like chaos mutants or possessed. The only real differences are the fact that the Wulfen are good guys(ish) and vikings.

When the Wulfen came out, I started converting a small warband of my own version of them. I based them on FW Gal Vorback, but gave them new weapon-arms and human heads. I'm quite pleased with the green-stuff beards. I still have some work left, but like where this is going. 

WIPwulfen.JPG

Those wulfen are perfect. I've never liked the gw 'wolves wolves and more wolves' approach of covering SW's in bling.

Cheers! I agree, it quickly becomes too much wolvieness.

The different colours of the bits are throwing me off, could we get more angles (or just pics of them painted msn-wink.giftongue.png)

I'll get some better pictures when I've started to paint them!

Those look really good! Far more subtle and striking than the GW aesthetic

Thank you!

I've got a quick update today. I just started to paint the Blightkings Terminators I converted some weeks ago. There's also a painting competition this weekend at GW Oslo, so the plan is to finish these before then. I'll write about how the models are painted when I post the finished ones.

BlightKingminatorsWIP2.JPG

I managed to finish the Blightking based Nurgle Terminators in time for the painting competition tomorrow morning. I'm quite pleased with the final resolute, but there are a couple of things I wish I did differently. Most of the grey details are done in the exact same colours, which makes the modes look a bit flat. I also wish I did a couple of more highlights and glazes on the flesh, to make it look more interesting.

I am however quite pleased with the armour. The main colour was built up using a spray paint highlight. I based the model in chaos black spray. The basecoat was followed by gradually building up brown, green, beige and finally pure white sprayed from the top. I then lightly sponged the armour with dark brown and white, to give it a quick battle damage effect. The whole armour was then glazed with GWs sepia shade, Followed by GWs camo-green shade applied in the recesses.

Note the crackle effect on some of the armour plates. This was easily achieved by randomly applying GWs crackle-paint before priming the model. 

BlightminatorsGroup.jpg

BT2.jpg

BT6.jpg

BT10.jpg

BT14.jpg

BT18.jpg

If you want to se them in more angles, check out my blog

Archived