WWGO - HH news (update: Tempest leaks - page 26!)

Atia

If you look at the gun mount on the left, turned to the side a bit, you can clearly make out the classic shape of the lascannon barrel.

I'd be disappointed if they were. One of the old weapon upgrades for Warlords in Epic were carapace multilasers - meant to be rear firing and help fend off hostile and sneaky infantry

Wouldn't it be nice if the modeller was given the choice? You could take lascannons or multilasers.

Very true, definitely not autocannons then. But Zedmaister has a point, they might be multilasers. They do have a pretty similar shape after all. happy.png

Edit: Olis is fast.. too fast... But yes, a choice would be nice. (Even though I´m probably never going to own one of these tongue.png

If you look at the gun mount on the left, turned to the side a bit, you can clearly make out the classic shape of the lascannon barrel.

I'd be disappointed if they were. One of the old weapon upgrades for Warlords in Epic were carapace multilasers - meant to be rear firing and help fend off hostile and sneaky infantry

Wouldn't it be nice if the modeller was given the choice? You could take lascannons or multilasers.

Oh aye. But, for me, when I ever do managed to buy one in some distant undetermined time in the future, I'd hope for multilasers :D

Hey guys

So it seems like most bases have been covered here however if there is a picture you are after or question you would like answering I am off to WW tomorrow.

I'll check back here before I leave however feel free to pm me also

Edit: quote this post so it's easy to find amongst the thread!

My thoughts on the day's bits and pieces...

The Warlord - Yep. Totally epic. I will likely never own one, but still, it's a huge achievement for the guys at FW. My hat's off to them, and I will tell them so when I stop in at Warhammer World on the 26th!

Guilliman - Seeing the preview of him yesterday, I was not a fan, however... Having seen him unpainted, he's not as bad as I feared he might be... I'd still like to see some more pictures...

Sigi - The opposite of Guilliman... Having seen him painted, I'm a fan. 

Invictarus Suzerian squads - These are absolutely stunning and I will have as many of them as I can when I get round to the XIII. 

Word Bearers stuff - Looks great, and I'm glad we're going to be seeing the depths of apostasy they sunk to at Calth. I'd guess Tempest takes it a little darker than KNF did.

Legion Upgrade kits - GREAT MOVE. And the decal sheets look fantastic too. 

Meduson novella - I'm excited, and glad it's Abnett that's written the Meduson story. Fills me with hope that one day my favourite badass Iron Hand will get stats and a model.

Hey guys

So it seems like most bases have been covered here however if there is a picture you are after or question you would like answering I am off to WW tomorrow.

At the risk of sounding flippant, one possible question would be if 30k Battlefleet Gothic has/is being considered. I know it gets asked occasionally.

Hey guys

More/better pics of the White Scars, plz?

Hey guys

Can you get some close-up pictures of the humongous display board with the stairs going around it? That would be nice to see more of. :)

Hey guys

If you could ask, I was wondering what FW's plans would be regarding the 'Chaos Knight' : sold as a full kit like the Styrix and Magaera, or as an upgrade kit like the House Terryn set...

Hey guys

Will Sigismund have a helmeted option?

Have I missed how much Guilliman is (monetarily)? I have information overload at the moment! blink.png

Hey guys

If you happen to grab and read Tempest, I'd appreciate all knowledge on the Ultramar realm, particularly this world Magniat.

gallery_79873_10492_4293.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_4658.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_20412.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_11500.jpg

gallery_79873_10492_19802.jpg

See without the terrible paint job on the ones in the forums, this model looks awesome, and the face which was my only criticism does not look anywhere near as bad, I might have to consider buying him....oh god....he can stand on display as my World Eaters are modeled with dead ultramarines around their bases lol

I literally want to cry... This is all amazing!

And to defend sigusmund, he's not giving ground he is reared back and beginning to thrust!

All he needs is a head swap to one of the IF helmets and he's perfect!

And I'm curious about the possessed that appeared to have a Templar cross.... Maybe they are the mutant monstrosities that Fabius Bile made... I forget which story it was but there was an imperial fist captain (I think) along with other loyalists that were "modified" by Bile.

anyone wants dark angels shoulder pads? msn-wink.giftongue.png

via garro, heresy30k

DA shoulder pads were done, but they had to melt them done to make more warlords, so Mark bedford was right about them having a warlord titan made of DA shoulder pads

Killll.......

KILLLLLLLLL.....,

*desire to obliterate rising*

gnehehehehhe ^^ depthcharge! i feel your anger! strong and pride :P

*hug* i'm just kidding, you'll get your shoulder pads down the rode this year xD

And I'm curious about the possessed that appeared to have a Templar cross.... Maybe they are the mutant monstrosities that Fabius Bile made... I forget which story it was but there was an imperial fist captain (I think) along with other loyalists that were "modified" by Bile.

The story is Angel Exterminatus and the captain is called Felix Cassander.

Anyone know the rules for the Crimson Apostle and his Blade Slaves?

Here's what little Garro has shared so far on Heresy30k (on this tread if you're registered) :

Regarding the Word Bearers :

no real changes. some things have been straightened out (logar transfigured etc)

mhara gal is in there, along with two new characters and a two man unit (command squad for one of the characters)

daemonic dark apostle good stats, wargear etc, makes ashen circle troops and lets them buy dark challenging, has a two man 'super gal vorbak' bodyguard

mid level character, mid-level powers, can make all WB units WS5 for one turn

existing WB units are just reprinted so that everything for them is in a single place, and includes the 7th edition updates.

argel tal is confirmed for the shadow crusade book (presently book 6)

His answer to questions about the Daemonic Apostle :

he has Motl and counts as a diabolist, units with dark challening gain +1 to the roll if he's in the army

he's also a mastery level 2 pysker, with a fancy force stave which can be fired as a heavy flamer once per game.

About the new 'Super Vorbak' unit :

its literally 2 guys (no more, no less) who are buffed vorbak

Also found in the same thread :

The bolter has replaced twin-linked with blind and the rule that does damage to daemons and psykers within 6" has been extended to include models under the effect of a blessing power (anti-invisibility anyone). But that's all you get for those extra 70 points.

I bought the model when it came out thinking it would be great for Zone Mortalis games, but I think it's just too expensive now.

and

Lorgar Transfigured, Word Bearer Librarians and the new Zardu Layak character can now use Malefic Daemonology. Though Zardu is the only one that is a Daemon, so is the only one that can use them with some measure of safety. I would have though that Diabolists would have been included as well. But no such luck.

Nothing about Daemons primary from what I've seen so far. Also no rules for Samus. So I guess that's coming with book 6.

Note that the Daemonologist already gets the Daemon rule according to LACAL, so hopefully they can cast Malefic too when they take Burning Lore ...

also from Garro^^

regarding the Damocles Command Rhino:

any legion can take one as a non-complusory HQ choice in games of over 1k. Ultramarines may also take a second one as a dedicated transport for a master of signals

damocles has its own orbital bombardment, which is TL, and has lance
it also gives a 24" bubble in which friendly units don't scatter when deep striking, also confers you the choice to +1 or -1 from your reserve rolls, enemy models suffer a -1 on the deep strike mishap table if the damocles is anywhere on the board. 

regarding the Militia List and some fluff questions:

1. the legio suturvora are listed as WB allied titan legion and have no linked Knight houses, their scheme is gold trim, black panels with orange flames on all panels (like a reverse tiger eyes but dark orange instead of yellow)
  2. no new rite of war for WB
  3. thunderbolt and heavy ordnance artillery are in, as are rapiers
  4. regular malcador is in (valdor and infernus out), leman russes are all in Heavy support but loss the volkite and plasma turrets, can take heavy bolters or heavy flamer sponsons

via Penddraig, regarding the Cult Army List:

I asked AB about this and he said it was certainly a possibility as this list is there to represent the "typical" Imperial Army forces as opposed to the more elite Solar Auxilia. By using this list, you are able to create everything from black powder musket wielding hordes of 50 man units, more heavily armoured units of 20 with the lasgun that we are used to from 40k through to hordes of mutants. You can even create abhuman units with detonator collars. The list shows that at this stage of the Imperiums history, the Imperial Army is still formed from indentured units from Compliant worlds - they haven't been formed into the autonomous Imperial Guard with unified equipment, arms and vehicles. At this stage, the IA is formed from whatever the Imperium has available as they are not the "cutting edge" of the Great Crusade: that is the remit of the Astartes and the Solar Auxilia.

It was also mentioned that this is a modelllers dream as it provides you with a "toolkit" to create whatever style of Imperial Army force you want. You could run beastmen models with rifles, old Necromunda gangers, Cadian Shocktroops, Catachan jungle fighters, the FW range of Chaos cultists - pretty much whatever you want. Even Fantasy Imperial troops may be used as black powder weapons are part of the list.

Weapons range from (as mentioned above), black powder through to lasguns, autoguns etc. All the low-tech equipment that is clearly inferior to the Astartes and the SA but then, throw enough mud at something and some of it will stick. The IA list will kill just through sheer rate of dice being thrown at the opposing force. Sure, you won't have much left by the time Astartes have finished with you but for each Astartes, you probably have 3-5 Milita. 

Archived