WWGO - HH news (update: Tempest leaks - page 26!)

Atia

So now the Ultras Have better Siege Tyrants than Iron Warriors and better Assault Marines than Blood Angels. I'm reeeeeeaalllly trying hard not fall back on the tried and true "Golden Boys" comment, but you're making it hard FW.

Read Tempest. There's some fairly good justification why that might be the case without game breaking badness.

As for the paint scheme it was brush paint not airbrush, those aren't ready yet

Welp, imma have to give a HUUUUUGE shoutout to Fangbanger for having been an awesome dude and willing to go out of his way to get me a copy of tempest (I'll pay him in full, doncha worry)!

IRON SNAKES PROJECT IS ONE STEP CLOSER!

So now the Ultras Have better Siege Tyrants than Iron Warriors and better Assault Marines than Blood Angels. I'm reeeeeeaalllly trying hard not fall back on the tried and true "Golden Boys" comment, but you're making it hard FW.

Read Tempest. There's some fairly good justification why that might be the case without game breaking badness.

Is that because Bobby G sees other's good ideas and adopts them?

I believe the Romans did something similiar but I can't quite remember what it was.

Welp, imma have to give a HUUUUUGE shoutout to Fangbanger for having been an awesome dude and willing to go out of his way to get me a copy of tempest (I'll pay him in full, doncha worry)!

IRON SNAKES PROJECT IS ONE STEP CLOSER!

Whaaaaat. You lucky thing. No one responded to me :(

Seriously need this book asap.

I believe the Romans did something similiar but I can't quite remember what it was.

More or less. There's a lot more thought given on how it's not just a case of taking from others but the analysis, implementation and refinement

Everything we consider "Roman" in popular culture is borrowed/stolen/modified ideas - Romans were rather piss poor at invention but excellent at adaptation. Everything from the Gladius Hispaneisis (or, "Spanish Sword, borrowed directly from Iberian designs during the Punic wars against Carthage) to the iconic coolus helmet (a modified gallic design) and even Aqueducts (Greek "Hydragions" predated aqueducts by centuries, but were usually underground) was copied from anyone who was recognized as having a better idea than they did. Indeed, that character has been attributed to Rome's decline and fall due to a lack of powerful opponents against whom Rome could further develop leading to stagnation. 

One thing I've quite liked with FW's writing is it heavily includes that character; the Solar Auxilia are a direct copy of the Saturnayan civilization's void troops, and the whole of the Imperial Army is basically directly lifted from whatever world is made compliant. 

Well that is the open day done! Exhausted but an awesome day!

So here are some albums for you guys to have a look at. Sorry for the low quality but it was all done on my iPad...

Massive display:

http://imgur.com/a/nx8uh

Drop site massacre

http://imgur.com/a/ETGlk

White scars, calth and bits and bobs

http://imgur.com/a/ukyOZ

Had a good chat with Alan about the future and book 6. He said nothing is set in stone yet but they want to carry on the story of calth and he wants to look at all the splintered legions but is not 100% on exactly what will be in it.

We also discussed the white scars and his aim is to not Neserceily do a full version of all the legions, however he wants all legions to have some sort of upgrade kits so that people can field something that is representative and then come back to do full rules and models. Maybe even drop a few rules as they go but again not totally sure.

All in all he seemed really happy with how it's going and you can tell he is so passionate about it and loved sharing with us his thoughts on the heresy, a real top guy.

Also managed to chat with Simon regarding upcoming sculpts. He was saying how is planning to do Rogal Dorn in a similarly regal way as he has with Guiliman. He also confirmed that they will be doing the ascended primarch a down the line and said how he would love to be a part of that. Again, top guy who is super friendly and loves what he does.

I did ask about heresy making it into the mainstream shops but they said they had no idea as of yet.

Flicking through book 5...ultras are strong. Guiliman is a really good choice for his points as he not only buffs his army,but is also a bit of a badass too. And for the same points as Angron is better imo.

All in all a great day except for my bank account...!

Oh also... Regarding the chaos knight. Yes it is an upgrade kit and not a full model

Edit: fixed link for drop site massacre

Their background sound promising though. The darker side of their little empire, not quite the utopia they like to make it out to be. Vindicates the burning of it :P
Yeah I saw that mentioned! I like the fact that things aren't all roses and togas in the kingdom of Ultramar.
I wonder if Ultramar will be a signal of things to come for the Imperium. Would be nice to see if they ever do a scouring era thing that Guiliman basically takes control due to the size of his forces, maybe he is like a Sulla character, using his Legion to further his position and to model the Imperium the way he wants.
Well that shouldn't be an impossibility since it is basically what happened. There's a reason the basic organization of a Codex-adherent Chapter is based on his design.

But I would like to see him as a darker character forcing his own will on a weak imperium, becoming a dictator.

Thanks guys for all the informations you brought, it must have been a blast to be there ! :)

Really digging Roboute and the Ultramarines rules so far ! They're not as fancy as many out there, but they're utilitarian and really push towards synergy between units rather than individual operations.

Their background sound promising though. The darker side of their little empire, not quite the utopia they like to make it out to be. Vindicates the burning of it :P
Yeah I saw that mentioned! I like the fact that things aren't all roses and togas in the kingdom of Ultramar.
I wonder if Ultramar will be a signal of things to come for the Imperium. Would be nice to see if they ever do a scouring era thing that Guiliman basically takes control due to the size of his forces, maybe he is like a Sulla character, using his Legion to further his position and to model the Imperium the way he wants.
Well that shouldn't be an impossibility since it is basically what happened. There's a reason the basic organization of a Codex-adherent Chapter is based on his design.
But I would like to see him as a darker character forcing his own will on a weak imperium, becoming a dictator.

Guilliman heresy, anyone?

You rang?

Their background sound promising though. The darker side of their little empire, not quite the utopia they like to make it out to be. Vindicates the burning of it tongue.png

You rang?

I heard bells! Did someone ring some bells? My ears are burning!

Ahh the quote train. It looks hilarious when viewed from the phone.

I dig that diorama except for the duel between fulgrim and ferrus. I don't know why but it feels a tad bit unnatural, I mean a small hill is cool but a huge spire of rock looks a tad bit strange.

I don't know how to feel about the ultramarines special units. How much do those heavy support terminators cost? They better cost a lot more than tyrant terminators.

As a night lord I'm super excited for the transfer sheet, it'll make converting the deredo a bit easier.

I like the darker side of the ultramarines a lot. It reminds me a bit of what GW did with tau when their 6th edition book came out. And I like how the grim dark factor with ultramarines is subtle. To be dark I don't need to see thousands of skulls.

Which is how more than a few people have seen him since at least Fourth Edition, in my personal experience.

IMPERIAL MILITA / WARP CULTS ARMY LIST BREAKDOWN

HQs

• 0-1 force commander: this is your lord marshal/praetor equalitant, pretty standard selection of gear for a one model HQ, he can purchase the abilitly to select rather than roll for his warlord trait, taking a FC allows you to up to two 'provenances of war' 
  • provenances of war are army wide effects that boost or change units to fit a theme, i've already gone into full detail on them so will leave it at that.
  • discipline master cadre: 2-5 effectively 30k era commissars, rules are a tad different but work basically the same
  • [traitors only] rogue psyker, same as from IA13, can be possessed
  • axuilia platoon command cadre; your 30k era company command squad, 6-13 men, get platoon commander, vox and banner guy, and 3-7 bodyguards, ALL bodyguards can upgrade their lascarbines (lasguns) to several more powerful guns (bolter, grenade launcher, laslocks etc) but they must all be the same

Troops

• all units take up single FoC slots, no platoons or tercios
  • IM infantry squad: basic guys, standard guardsman stats, 20men flat with flak armour
  • inducted levy squad: this is the fun one, 20-50 men, 2pts a pop, do not confer 'first blood' nor kill points for wiping this squad out. their that worthless. 
  • IM grenadier squad: 10-20 men, carapace armour as standard and BS4, these are your veterans, fair few wargear options but not much past different guns
  • IM fire support squad, 5-10 heavy weapons teams (IG like, single stat) all must have the same gun
  • IM recon squad, 5 man unit of guardsmen, with scout, infiltrate, and MTC, can get meltabomb or a demo charge for the sergeant 

Dedicated Transports

• the mother :cussing gorgon, yes the 40man troop capicity superheavy is a DC. it is however your only DC.

Elites

• IM medicae detachement, 3-6 medics, same as SA with stats/wargear to match rest of IM, can't go on a levy squad, before you think of it
  • ogryn squad, 3-10 models, starts off with just flak armour and a single CCW, can purchase upgrades to make them like the chaos, GW or SA patterns, so its whatever floats your boat for these guys
  • enginseer squad, same at SA

Fast Attack

• arvus lighter, same as always
  • IA Sentinel scout squadron, 3-6 scout sentinels, standard weapon options
  • thunderbolt heavy fighter

Heavy Support

• IA auxilia rapier battery, as expected 1-3 rapiers with guardsmen crews
  • malcador heavy tank, plus the standard version, no infernus or valdor
  • leman russ squadron, may take heavy bolters or heavy flamers as sponsons
    -standard
    -annihilator
    -exterminator
    -demolisher
    -vanquisher
  • heavy ordnance battery, 1-3 of the heavy artillery carragies each with 4-8 crew
  • [traitor only] mutant spawns: 3-10 spawns

Lords of War

• baneblade
  • stormhamer 

via Garro

No clarification on unit options. Strange that Militia can only put more bodies on the board than Solar Auxilia if they use the :cuss Levies and not the Rifleman squads. 

Which is how more than a few people have seen him since at least Fourth Edition, in my personal experience.

In my opinion that was always a bit of an overreaction from people, and more of a result of "ultras are bad couse they're bigger and better than my own chapter, and are bossing me around". Some people have a suprisingly strange attitude towards Guilliman's implementation of his codex.

I like that they've fleshed out cracks and kinks in Ultramar's organisational structre and shown that "not all is well with Rome", but let's not overreact and start turning Guilliman into some sort of tyrant. I far more like the idea of him staying noble in intention to the end, but the harsh reality of his utopian ambitions, somehow turning against him, to bite him in the ass right before his death. Sort of a tragic, "the empire is crumbling despite/becouse of my efforts", rather than Guilliman getting too power hungry. Or at least the idea of him going down in history as someone potentially tyrranical, but only becouse that's how his often childish brothers and other legions interpret his actions. It would fit him well, since Guilliman always had that "do the right thing, no matter what others think of You" vibe about him.

The whole "Guilliman was evil and power hungry" idea, smells to me as nothing more than justification for some anti-Ultra bandwagon thoughts of people who can't stand the smurfs becouse of Matt Ward's writing.

This setting has enough caricatural tyrants and dictators.

yeah I probally skipped over all that.

IM infantry all have flak armour, except the levy squad (6+) and the grenadiers (4+)

command squad and HQs start with flak, but can upgrade to carapace.

weapons wise all basic infantry units start with auxilia rifles (18" range assault1 lasguns) and can upgrade to:

additional CCW

laspistols

shotguns

lascarbines/autoguns

lasrifles (without the extra modes of the SA)

laslocks

augmented weapons (+1str CCWs)

boltguns

weapons are brought wholesale for the unit for a fixed price regardless of size (another way in which 30K the 'less but bigger squads' concept)

not all units have access to all options (better the unit, more options)

Via Garro on weapon options.

In my opinion that was always a bit of an overreaction from people, and more of a result of "ultras are bad couse they're bigger and better than my own chapter, and are bossing me around". Some people have a suprisingly strange attitude towards Guilliman's implementation of his codex.

I like that they've shown cracks and kinks in Ultramar organisational structre, but let's not overreact and start turning Guilliman into some sort of tyrant. I far more like the idea of him staying noble in intention to the end, but the harsh reality of his utopian ambitions, somehow turning against him, to bite him in the ass right before his death. Sort of a tragic, "the empire is crumbling despite/becouse of my efforts", rather than Guilliman getting too power hungry. Or at least the idea of him going down in history as someone potentially tyrranical, but only becouse that's how his often childish brothers and other legions interpret his actions. It would fit him well, since Guilliman always had that "do the right thing, no matter what others think of You" vibe about him.

This setting has enough caricatural tyrants and dictators.

Completely with you. I really like Guilliman, but if they just turn him into some power hungry dictator, I won't. It's not his character at all.

Honestly I am really excited for this book, probably more than most lol, minus the first obviously lol. But does anyone know what the chapter tactics for the Ultrasmurfs does? Is it really good? Or are they looking to be more like a middle tier army?

Honestly I am really excited for this book, probably more than most lol, minus the first obviously lol. But does anyone know what the chapter tactics for the Ultrasmurfs does? Is it really good? Or are they looking to be more like a middle tier army?

They get bonuses to piling up on enemies; such as re-roling to wound of you shoot or charge into a unit already having been shot or charged at by another UM unit, iirc

Archived