WWGO - HH news (update: Tempest leaks - page 26!)

Atia

I am suprised we haven't seen more photos of the interior of the book. Come on guys, it's been a day allready. We are salivating here :) Whip out Your smartphones.

Show us those lovely WB and UM colour spreads. Show us the rules for characters and units. Don't torture us.

I am suprised we haven't seen more photos of the interior of the book. Come on guys, it's been a day allready. We are salivating here :) Whip out Your smartphones.

Show us those lovely WB and UM colour spreads. Show us the rules for characters and units. Don't torture us.

Don't get your hopes up. This same bull :cuss happened when The Talon of Horus came out. Everybody wanted us plebeians to wait for our own good.

Only Balth and Garro take the time to enlighten everyone with full details.

For heavens sake, stop that quote train guys! It's really annoying to keep scrolling on the mobile phone..

Actually, I guess the ultramarine hate comes from 40k, where ultramarines are the poster boys.. drowned in skulls and skulls and aquilas, beeing on any poster and getting all the love (a dark angel would be totally happy to get half of it).. i can understand why ultramarines get some much hate.

Fw does them justice, the roman appearance suits them good and they will definately get some great fluff! The rules sound awesome to me as well. Let FW di their thing, they usually do it very good.

But coming back to 40k ultramarines.. cheers to the Alpha Legion for killing that nerdy teachers pet homeboy Guilliman.. ;)

It's amazing the flexibility that the Militia list provides -

With Gene-Crafted & Survivors of Dark Age, you can have Grenadier squads as Troops with 3+ armour saves, boltguns, +1 strength & initiative, and they can ride around in Rhinos or Land Raiders.

Legal Thunder Warriors are here devil.gif

Except it wouldn't be hate. Right now, it'd be easy to say that Guilliman is a ruler who believes in peace. He achieves that peace by enriching the lives of those within his empire. But, he also keeps an eye out for any dissidents from among the conquered people. And so he employs a secret police that is used to silence these threats hopefully before they cause damage. Much like how pretty much intelligence agency in the world is supposed to operate.

And then you have the Heresy. A place where brother turns against brother and no one can be trusted. And then you get the Scouring. The Legions that are still loyal to the Imperium still don't trust each other and no one in the Imperium trusts the Astartes. But it's supposed to be a stretch that someone who the background has always said is responsible for taking control and rebuilding the Imperium, would do so in a way where he could keep an eye on everyone and remove any who were a threat to his path towards peace? That isn't a bloodthirsty tyrant. It's a leader who has the strength and resolve to break eggs to make his omellette because he knows it is impossible to appease everyone and anyone who resists is better off removed then left to be an obstacle.

I wouldn't be surprised if they try to swing that he encouraged the dispute between the Imperial Navy and the Imperial Fists so he could sway the VII Legion to his way of thinking instead of destroying them.

Except it wouldn't be hate. Right now, it'd be easy to say that Guilliman is a ruler who believes in peace. He achieves that peace by enriching the lives of those within his empire. But, he also keeps an eye out for any dissidents from among the conquered people. And so he employs a secret police that is used to silence these threats hopefully before they cause damage. Much like how pretty much intelligence agency in the world is supposed to operate.

And then you have the Heresy. A place where brother turns against brother and no one can be trusted. And then you get the Scouring. The Legions that are still loyal to the Imperium still don't trust each other and no one in the Imperium trusts the Astartes. But it's supposed to be a stretch that someone who the background has always said is responsible for taking control and rebuilding the Imperium, would do so in a way where he could keep an eye on everyone and remove any who were a threat to his path towards peace? That isn't a bloodthirsty tyrant. It's a leader who has the strength and resolve to break eggs to make his omellette because he knows it is impossible to appease everyone and anyone who resists is better off removed then left to be an obstacle.

I wouldn't be surprised if they try to swing that he encouraged the dispute between the Imperial Navy and the Imperial Fists so he could sway the VII Legion to his way of thinking instead of destroying them.

If they do it like that, I'm fine with that. I think that's still very much in the character of Guilliman as he's been portrayed so far. What I'd have issues with is if they did it so he's some kind of power hungry dictator, as people were suggesting. Because that isn't Guilliman, at all.

But coming back to 40k ultramarines.. cheers to the Alpha Legion for killing that nerdy teachers pet homeboy Guilliman.. ;)

Wasn't it Fulgrims that killed him.

Yup with a poisoned blade.

Funny enough the nerdy teacher pet homeboy killed alphraius.

Nah. I doubt it'd ever go that far. I guess I'm just one of those people who when I see something new, I try to see where the hints are for it in the older fluff. There is very little that is "new" that hasn't either been bluntly hinted at or suggested in a throwaway line from what I have found.

I never argued against that (You were replying to me right? smile.png if not, pardon this presumption). In fact that's what I pretty much meant when I wrote about Guilliman facing the harsh reality of implementing his dreams of peace.

What I was arguing was a matter of intention. Whether or not Guilliman was right, or at least coming from a place of good intentions and ideas. I have a feeling that many people would love Guilliman to turn out to be an ass'hole and a tyrant, that they want him to be, couse that would be almost like an official justification for that strange bandwagon, that is the Smurfs hate. Hence the use of the words "tyrant" and "evil" by some people in this thread, which is so far removed from what Guilliman was or should be.

That's why I like the idea of him being remembered as a potential tyrant, by some in the Imperium who misinterpreted his actions as nothing more than a power move. It would fit well with the theme of Guilliman long ago disabusing himself of any notions of pleasing his brothers, and simply doing the things he knew to be right, not caring what others will think of him, or how will he be remembered. I am not saying that there cannot be a modicum of arrogance in it, or that he was all knowing and couldn't get some things wrong along the way of building his Utopia, or that some of his actions couldn't bring about more bad than good. But that's still levels away from "Guilliman was flat out wrong/a power hungry :cuss/evil tyrant".

I thought from the novel I care not to mention thunder warriors are technically superior to space marines but burn out significantly faster

Proto-astartes then - either way, the potential to have an army that represents any human (or abhuman) force from across the Imperium is fantastic

I thought from the novel I care not to mention thunder warriors are technically superior to space marines but burn out significantly faster

Certainly seems to be implied.

Never heard of this before. Care to elaborate? Or point me to the novel in question?

Certainly seems to be implied.

Never heard of this before. Care to elaborate? Or point me to the novel in question?

The outcast dead.

Yeah it'd be nice to see a concrete breakdown of the Ultramarine ROW, Legion Traits, the rules for the Invictiarii Suzerain, Tyrant Terms, and Awesome Assault Marines. I'm just trying to form a mental picture of how badly FW snubbed the other legions. Even if you justify it by the very Roman-esque way of being completely un-original and stealing every idea from your neighbors, it still makes me hate what FW did to them. They are a legion of balance, they should have gotten tactical squads that perform like their 40k counterparts or something similar. As it stands now, they look like a more noble version of the Alpha Legion that takes whatever it likes and improves upon it.

Now I haven't read the book, so that's why I'm asking those who have to prove me wrong (PLEASE PLEASE PROVE ME WRONG), but after seeing what's been typed on the past several pages it's looking like the "Golden Boys" are exactly that. 

(Stats on par with Angron PLUS awesome logistics buffs? WHAT THE ACTUAL :cuss FW!?)

As it stands now, they look like a more noble version of the Alpha Legion that takes whatever it likes and improves upon it.

Becouse of one unit?

Stats on par with Angron

His statistics are nowhere near Angron's.

As it stands now, they look like a more noble version of the Alpha Legion that takes whatever it likes and improves upon it.

Becouse of one unit?

Stats on par with Angron

His statistics are nowhere near Angron's.

Not because of one unit, they got super breachers, super assault marines, and stole the tyrant siege terminators. Like I said, prove me wrong, post up all their rules and prove that they won't frog-stomp other legions with their tactical buffs. Also while Angron's statline is better in the attack, strength, and weapon skill department. He also has one less wound, only a 3+ armor save, and 4++ invul, while Guilliman, has a 2+/4++ with the first failed invul of each phase being re-rollable, his gun is AP and wounds Angron on 4's, and his sword is wounding Angron on 3's with re-rolled wounds at AP2. If anything I will say that balances out and even tips the scales in Guillimans favor, and thats without the fact that he buffs his own legion quite well.

But coming back to 40k ultramarines.. cheers to the Alpha Legion for killing that nerdy teachers pet homeboy Guilliman.. msn-wink.gif

Wasn't it Fulgrims that killed him.

Yup with a poisoned blade.

Funny enough the nerdy teacher pet homeboy killed alphraius.

Ugh, don't be bringing that silly Imperial propaganda in here biggrin.png

Under extremely sketchy, barely documented circumstances, Gulliman allegedly offs the faceless master of a legion of Astartes genetically modified, surgically altered and psycho-indoctrinated to look, act, feel and think exactly like their primarch. Or maybe it was Omegon... or maybe any one of tens of thousands of other Alpha legionaries.

I'm sure you got the real Alpharius, Robute. Totally. For the Emperor.

If this is what we can expect (Legion creep) I flat out DREAD what the Wolves will be like.

While I abhor Legion Creep, if thats the case...I'm actually looking forward to the Thousand Sons :x

Archived