WWGO - HH news (update: Tempest leaks - page 26!)

Atia

I love the Istvann V display, but what a silly place to have a duel.

I think you mean the most awesome possible place for a duel. smile.png

Exactly! This is sci-fi fantasy. Seems like a lot of people, especially military heads, overlook that. Yes, plausible explanation, (most) BL writers doing away with cliche, ect is fine and dandy, but lets not lose all the magic.

Anybody knows if the Ultramarines models that FW painted up for it's displays, were done using blues from their new airbrush range?

Thinking about it, I might as well buy Guilliman and paint him as a marble statue of himself.

So meta :)

Imagine the dramatic picture of it all - two primarchs, two brothers, fighting each other to the death with hate and spite and anything else they can muster. At their feet their sons kill or be killed in a mosaic of black and purple tides. In the distance lies battle, destruction and fire, all hazed by smoke and heat. Sheets of lasfire and bolter shell tracers denote particularly intense fighting. Wrecks and dead bodies can be seen from horizon to horizon. Titans stalk the killing fields, the black sands sticky with post-human blood. And above it all - two sons of the Emperor trying to end the life of the other.

Hell, you could even add thunder and lightning to it all, what with the atmospheric disturbance made by the orbital bombardment and the drop assault.

(They missed a trick with that diorama. The ground they're on is brown. It should be much darker, if not black.)

I was not being half serious with my silly comment. I understand it's more dramatic to duel up there, I could imagine the Emperors Children parting to allow Ferrus, hatred burning in his eyes, to stroll towards the brother he loved more then any other. His Iron sons stand waiting for the enviable victory of their farther, but as Fulgrims blade falls, and Ferrus head rolls, they charge forward as one, not believing, desperate to reach their fallen farther.

But, maybe if Ferrus hadn't climbed all that way up he would have little more stamina for the fight.

I think it's the diorama's execution that's the problem. That rocky spire looks almost hillariously podium-like. It would be better and more natural, while still retaining the drama and badassery of the idea, if they'd moddeled the primarchs fighting atop a normal hill/pile of rocks, that's sourrounded by a sea of lesser bodies fighting their own battles, one level below.

So now the Ultras Have better Siege Tyrants than Iron Warriors and better Assault Marines than Blood Angels. I'm reeeeeeaalllly trying hard not fall back on the tried and true "Golden Boys" comment, but you're making it hard FW.

So now the Ultras Have better Siege Tyrants than Iron Warriors and better Assault Marines than Blood Angels. I'm reeeeeeaalllly trying hard not fall back on the tried and true "Golden Boys" comment, but you're making it hard FW.

We don't know what BA assault marines will be like yet.

The legion creep is only really visible in regards to forces from Book I, and since those were all traitors, they are bound to show up in future books, with newer rules, and new toys. Such updates happened allready.

Their background sound promising though. The darker side of their little empire, not quite the utopia they like to make it out to be. Vindicates the burning of it :p

Their background sound promising though. The darker side of their little empire, not quite the utopia they like to make it out to be. Vindicates the burning of it tongue.png

Yeah I saw that mentioned! I like the fact that things aren't all roses and togas in the kingdom of Ultramar.

The legion creep is only really visible in regards to forces from Book I, and since those were all traitors, they are bound to show up in future books, with newer rules, and new toys. Such updates happened allready.

Yeah I agree. I think it's a case of maybe they were a bit over cautious with the first book, as opposed to the power getting increasingly better. We'll see I guess.

Their background sound promising though. The darker side of their little empire, not quite the utopia they like to make it out to be. Vindicates the burning of it :P

Yeah I saw that mentioned! I like the fact that things aren't all roses and togas in the kingdom of Ultramar.

I wonder if Ultramar will be a signal of things to come for the Imperium. Would be nice to see if they ever do a scouring era thing that Guiliman basically takes control due to the size of his forces, maybe he is like a Sulla character, using his Legion to further his position and to model the Imperium the way he wants.

Don't worry, Alpha Legion steals everyone's units!!!

Their background sound promising though. The darker side of their little empire, not quite the utopia they like to make it out to be. Vindicates the burning of it :P

I wonder if Ultramar will be a signal of things to come for the Imperium. Would be nice to see if they ever do a scouring era thing that Guiliman basically takes control due to the size of his forces, maybe he is like a Sulla character, using his Legion to further his position and to model the Imperium the way he wants.
Well that shouldn't be an impossibility since it is basically what happened. There's a reason the basic organization of a Codex-adherent Chapter is based on his design.

Archived