The XIII Legion, Ultramarines

Nice mix of parts!

Looking forward to seeing this finely built Breacher painted.

Is that the sword from the Honour Guard kit?

it is! i found it on a half paint honour gaurd unit....i decided to cut it off and put it on this guy instead.

Still deciding if i should put a helmet plume on that breacher or not...hmmm

I think the colours that denote a Sergeant would be up to your specific Company/Chapter/Whatever. It goes to figure that not every legionary group does the same thing. I mean, yeah, they're similar from Chapter to Chapter but some might have white faceplates where others have a stripe down the centre of their helms.

That said, I really like how the white accents your blue and gold. It just pops from the model. Maybe just have the faceplate in gold or white. Having the whole helmet in gold seems a bit ostentatious.

Keep up the great work thumbsup.gif!

Personally, I like what you've done with the Breacher,

the gold face plate really adds to the look.

I'd run with that and just keep the crest to denote

sergeants.

Is that the Contemptor from the BaC box?

Shiny!

Thanks jud. I think I'm going to use a gold faceplate for all the standard legionaries, and add white or blue to denote higher rank(I'm not sure if white on gold would look good)

Yea the contemptor is from the CALTH set, a real nice model!

• 2 weeks later...

I'v always seen the ultramarines as a very large organisation with lots of veriation. So I would not find it weird if some legionairies had different trim of pad colours emulation their leaders personal heraldry. My ultras have yellow right pads with a black chalice for example

The 4th Chapter were known as the Aurorans and prior to Guilliman coming along their whole pads were green so I think it is prudent that some of them would still use at least some green on their armour by the Calth battle. 

The 4th Chapter were known as the Aurorans and prior to Guilliman coming along their whole pads were green so I think it is prudent that some of them would still use at least some green on their armour by the Calth battle. 

Thanks! Is this in tempest somewhere? I skimmed through it last night but couldnt find anything

Archived