The XIII Legion, Ultramarines

I don't know for sure (I'm still waiting for my birthday for book 5) but Ultramarines

seem to benefit from multiple units given the legion tactics.

Saying that I'm going for a mobile force as I want a different approach as my other

army is Death Korps of Krieg, which is best used as a gun line.

Looking forward to seeing those MK II painted.

Happy early Birthday ;)

I think you may be right. I have yet to actually dive deep into the rules in tempest, but from what i have glanced at this seems accurate. I think i want "alot" of tac marines because it would help show the sheer size of the ultramarines on the TT. Plus it would look neat to drown my enemies in cobalt blue and gold ;)

That being said im definatly going to get some other units. I believe the ultramarines breachers are allowed melee weapons, so i will for sure do that. Im still undecided on vehicles

I don't know for sure (I'm still waiting for my birthday for book 5) but Ultramarines

seem to benefit from multiple units given the legion tactics.

Saying that I'm going for a mobile force as I want a different approach as my other

army is Death Korps of Krieg, which is best used as a gun line.

Looking forward to seeing those MK II painted.

Happy early Birthday msn-wink.gif

I think you may be right. I have yet to actually dive deep into the rules in tempest, but from what i have glanced at this seems accurate. I think i want "alot" of tac marines because it would help show the sheer size of the ultramarines on the TT. Plus it would look neat to drown my enemies in cobalt blue and gold msn-wink.gif

That being said im definatly going to get some other units. I believe the ultramarines breachers are allowed melee weapons, so i will for sure do that. Im still undecided on vehicles

Personally, if you're looking at vehicles, get at least one Sicaran. It's very fluffy for Ultras, as Guilliman helped design it, and it's very effective. Breachers can also take power swords at one melta bomb a piece, so that'd be cool to see. I'm loving what you're doing dude. 32mm is freaking rad.

Ultras do indeed benefit by having multiple units to make use of Interlocking tactics.

Also, if you plan to run Guilliman try to max out one particular slot with the same unit as to make use of his buff, eg: multiple Sicarans with Tank Hunters, multiple Special/Heavy Weapons teams with Interceptor and so on...

The Gladius could have an edge in ZM games as it would cut through breachers (which are arguably the most common troop type used in ZM) like a hot knife through butter.  Beyond that...  The Gladius seems out classed.

Hey guys,

im a tad nervous to post these as ive seen some amazing work by alot of you, but here it goes anyways...

Each marine is about 75% done. The boltguns and legs still need to be finished, and a few touchups here and there.

Also, very sorry about the :cussty quality of the picture. I cant seem to be able to take a good one!

http://whec-assets-live.s3.amazonaws.com/2015/07/50049_1f9711a0d9007fd4903670d840e730fb.jpg

Looks great! 

The only constructive criticism I would make is that the trims look a bit monochrome. Use some silver metallics on the rivets and the edges to give them a nice, worn look. 

That and get some transfers on them. :D

Looks great! 

The only constructive criticism I would make is that the trims look a bit monochrome. Use some silver metallics on the rivets and the edges to give them a nice, worn look. 

That and get some transfers on them. :D

Thanks for the advice!

And I think I have some transfers around here somewhere....

Edit: Ignore me - thought for some reason this was a general Ultramarines thread, didn't realise it was dedicated to your project, Ventanus! Sorry for the unintentional hijack, ignore me :)

Hey feel free to post in here too! We are all brothers:)

Also, I started painting the honor guard. I'm liking how that "diorama" peice is coming along. Since my army is set on calth I want my army to feel like it is on the brink and fighting till the last

...and I can't post pictures from my phone.

Is that the same honour guard Ventanus took his banner from?

RIP

this honor guard still yet lives....barely however.

Speaking of ventanus....I pray his model has him planting the standard through a wb cataphractii.

I would weep

That... Would be glorious. Lol I wouldn't be surprised if his decorative base actually shows him like this!

Btw, have you settled on a list you're planning to build?

Is that the same honour guard Ventanus took his banner from?

RIP

this honor guard still yet lives....barely however.

Speaking of ventanus....I pray his model has him planting the standard through a wb cataphractii.

I would weep

That... Would be glorious. Lol I wouldn't be surprised if his decorative base actually shows him like this!

Btw, have you settled on a list you're planning to build?

I pray it does!

And sorta, not really... haha i keep changing my mind. Now, after learning the Sicarian was designed with the help of Guilliman, i really want a couple of those. 

Yeah, it's why I'm going ro run two of them alongside a Deredeo as my heavy support.

My 2k list has been nailed down.

When I eventually expand it will be with Solar Auxilia allies.

Archived