The XIII Legion, Ultramarines

Hype... Building...

You are the first person to ever be hyped by one of my projects...

I weep

What can I say? I do love me some Ultras!

Gentlemen, you'll have to excuse me for defiling this thread with the presence of a filthy traitor, but all the same I just wanted to say that your army is turning out AWESOME, Remus, and I'm very much looking forward to seeing it all painted up!

No doubt your Ultramarines will prove themselves stalwart and mighty defenders of the Imperium in all the battles ahead. :)

I'll see you on Calth, one of these days, brother. ;)

Thank you bruvva!

And yes, one day....But it wont be a fair fight as I will have the actual savior of calth by that time!

Yat someone else who uses thos lumps of resin as scenery!!, Your Ultras are looking good smile.png

Thanks!

And im a cheap bastard....

Nah, not cheap.... Frugal ;)

Besides the bigger wedges look like great road blocks :)

I have been keeping all the resin leftovers, chopping some up and sticking it in my sand mix to go on bases... makes it nice and random

Lieutenant(thats "leftenant!")Laus Edros. All he needs is a plume and the helm is done. Just need to work on the legs and he will be pretty much done. Also for some reason my phone camera makes the minis looks very....grainy. Ill have to play around with the lighting.

11872962_10154118470065942_567834347_n.j

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys in need of help for my next purchase.

So to start, my army is based on the underworld war. I'm trying to decide between mk 4 marines or breachers. Im leaning towards breachers(with swords) but would it even make sense to have breachers for this type of army?

Thanks!

The Underground War is perfect for Breachers, tight tunnels and close quarters fighting is very similar to boarding or defending ships in space (apart from being sucked out into space when you breach the hull). 

The Underground War is perfect for Breachers, tight tunnels and close quarters fighting is very similar to boarding or defending ships in space (apart from being sucked out into space when you breach the hull).

Trapped under tons and tons of ruble is not a nice way to die either.

I use a mix of the breacher squad, and also the MKIV destroyers with the heavier looking armour to also make breachers smile.png

Like the chainswords, I have 5 breacher shields which I am not using :)

I use a mix of the breacher squad, and also the MKIV destroyers with the heavier looking armour to also make breachers smile.png

Like the chainswords, I have 5 breacher shields which I am not using smile.png

Hey bud, i like that idea!

Also, are the shields this style ?

IMG_2925.JPG

I saw that apologist had some of these but not sure where the fug he got them

I don't get Breachers at all, with the exception of the impressive Invictarus Suzerains (both regards to models and rules).

What convinces people to get them, exactly? They are generally overpriced Marines with limited damage output, mobility and survivability...

At least the Suzerains make excellent bodyguards for a Praetor or Primarch, and can put the hurt on most things in cc.

Their looks mostly, I thought they look boss when they came out and bought 10 of them. Then I re-read the rules and let out a brief sigh of regret. Rule of cool man, rule of cool. 

it depends I dare you to take a force of tacs against a squad of breachers in Zone mortalis all things have there place and they just look SSSOOOO cool and I'm more of a collector/modeler/painter then a gamer so I think they are ace and the only reason I don't have some is I'm waiting to see if they go plastic

As was mentioned earlier, Breachers come into their own in Zone Mortalis games.  Breachers allow for reroll failed armor saves against blast and template weapons.  In Zone Mortalis, Blast and Template weapons often get Shred and/or +1 S.  The shield's count as defensive grenades, so even if the assault survives past the reaction fire (which is an overwatch shots at full BS if the squad makes it's initiative role) the assaulters do not get the bonus to attack. 

Archived