Well, so far the story has:

Sons of Cruor

Steel Wings

Amber Dragons

Order of the Dauntless Spirit

Inquisitor Elene Amigos (in her debut no less! laugh.png )

Rainbow Warriors

I'll let you have a clue. There are another four armies that have yet to be written about, but not all of them are in the tags msn-wink.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Sons of Cruor

Steel Wings

Amber Dragons

Rainbow Warriors

I'll let you have a clue. There are another four armies that have yet to be written about, but not all of them are in the tags msn-wink.gif

@Aquilanus - Nice read so far!

I take it from the above that the Bahltimyr Reavers will be turning up?

Edit: Missed a word out.

Sons of Cruor

Steel Wings

Amber Dragons

Rainbow Warriors

@Aquilanus - Nice read so far!

I take it from the above that the Bahltimyr Reavers will be turning up?

Edit: Missed a word out.

That's right. As my main villains, they have to be! laugh.png

I hope to be able to get some more posted soon smile.png

• 11 months later...

"Lower your arm!" the Tutilor snarled, his ire raised by the fact that it was the thirteenth time he had said it.

The initiate was arrogant and belligerent in equal measure.

"I do not recall asking for your advice. Brother." The honorific added when he remembered himself. The Tutilor was a mere human, a serf to the Chapter. But he still out ranked him. That fact rankled in the mind of Ampheret Bastius. He had received his Black Carapace and was mere months away from full Brother status. Weapon training, prayer and more training were the only things stopping him from going insane with boredom. The Angels of Salvation were in transit, between the material realm and what horrors that lay beyond the veil, and thus were unable to stop to carry out the newest recruits final initiation. That would have to wait until they arrived at their destination.

Hespator. The planet in which the massacre of Beggens Valley occurred. Only the Chapter's Command Cadre knew why they were en route, as it should be, but Bastius was not used to having facts kept from him. The third son of a Chieftain, he knew that he would never lead the Clan, short of his older siblings, including his sister, the eldest (and truth to tell, the fiercest and strongest) all dying. Fortunately, the Test was called and he took it with a hope that he could become every bit the hero he would not otherwise be, kept in a cold stone keep by a loving, but overly cautious mother and father. By the time they had found out where he had gone, the Test was already over and he had been taken. No goodbyes, no regrets either...

"Decease!" The second voice was deafening, its timbre solemn. Bastius gulped. A Marine in the blackest armour stood at the Tutilorum entrance. The Reclusiarch. Bastius' eyes wandered immediately to the single black pearl that was embedded in his left manifer. Such a small object, innocuous to those whom knew not its meaning. Bastius did not know either and was desperate to enquire, but knew well enough not to utter such a question. It was a matter of pride, both to the Reclusiarch and to the Chapter itself, but few was privy to that knowledge.

Bastius vowed to be one such Brother, one day.

"Initiate! Recite to me, the Chapters' catechism!"

"We are Unforgiven. We are the Sons of the Lion! For each traitor and Heretic slain, we are closer to Salvation.

"We are a long way, still."

The skull helm nodded, satisfied. "Follow me. The Chapter Master has given leave for me to choose an initiate to follow in my footsteps.

"You will not fail me."

Despite himself, Bastius tremored. It was not a path he had considered for himself. But he will grasp it with both hands.

Nearly a year since I started this! blink.png

++++

Hopefully, it won't be as long until the next part...

Archived