Wishful thinking? (New SM dex)

Morticon

I doubt we'll get grav cannon access to be honest, especially if we remain the sole users of the heavy flamer on Tacticals.

We did remain the sole use of meltagun RAS (which is a shame foe the Salamanders, especially given their Objective Cards!)

Obviously our "defective geneseed" keeps us from having the best performing units/gear rolleyes.gif .

I'm pretty cynical when it comes to any freebies from GW. I doubt that we will get an FAQ. Will have to wait when our codex is released next year which will be just in time for 8th edition to make our new-new codex obsolete again.

All vehicles can squadron you get bonus if you take 3. Whirlwinds get shred and pinning. Preds get monster and tank hunter.

FAQ PLEASE!!!

!!! !!! !!! !!! !!!

Obviously our "defective geneseed" keeps us from having the best performing units/gear rolleyes.gif .

I'm pretty cynical when it comes to any freebies from GW. I doubt that we will get an FAQ. Will have to wait when our codex is released next year which will be just in time for 8th edition to make our new-new codex obsolete again.

Do GW do FAQ's anymore ? I've not been paying attention any more

Hopefully you're all playing with some friendly people and house rule the obvious ones

Do GW do FAQ's anymore ? I've not been paying attention any more

Hopefully you're all playing with some friendly people and house rule the obvious ones

I SAY FAQ, I mean errata which is included in the FAQ.

Yeah, they may be if we were friends but I'm a stranger at my own local gaming store.

Getting pretty salty now :/

It just feels like there's no common sense at GW. May as well just play unbound.

Which, random question - say I played unbound in that I had a BSF with a TFC in, does the BSF still get it's command benefits (red thirst and reroll trait) or is it just all negated?

There seem like a lot of changes happening that all marines could really benefit from. Unfortunetly it will probably be a long time before we get them!

I will take a lot of interest in the rumoured Dark Angel release that is ment to be next. If they get things like vehicle squadrons and increases to dreadnaught attacks I would be really hopeful that eventually we will get similar treatment!

I'm not too bothered about all the detachment/formations that SM are getting. We've got our own after all.

The things that need addressing are:-

1. Standard SM Dreads with gun+fist now out punch BA Double fist dreads

2. Terminators at 175pts base

3. Vehicle squadrons

C:SM Formations:

Let's go with the formations:

Demi-Company (See above)

Anti-Air Defence Force

- 1 unit of Hunters

- 1 unit of Stalkers

Benefits:

- If one Hunter hits a flyer with the main weapon, all Stalkers in the unit get +1BS when firing at this flyer.

Restrictions:

- Unit of Stalkers: Mínimum 2

1st Company Task Force

- 3-5 Units from:

Termis

Assault Termis

Sternguard Veterans

Vanguard Veterans

Benefits:

- Fear

- Fearless

- At the beginning of the game, pick an enemy unit. Units in this formation have Preferred Enemy against the picked unit

- Enemy units get -2 to L, if they are a 12" of a mínimum of 3 units of this formation

Restrictions: None

Strilke Force Ultra

- 1 Captain

- 2 Termi squads

- 2 Assault Termi squads

- 1 Venerable Dreadnoght

- 1 Stormraven

- 1 LR Crusader or Redeemer

Benefits:

- All units stay in Reserve. Start rolling on your turn 1.

- After coming from reserves, or disembarking, shooting weapons of the Termi squads get +1 shoot (For Example, Assault Cannon becomes Heavy 5)

- When disembarking from a transport, assault Termi units get +1A.

Restrictions:

Captain must have Terminator Armour

All units must enter via DS, unless embarked in a Transport.

Reclusiam Command Squad

- 1 Chaplain

- 1 Command Squad

Benefits:

- All units at 6" benefit from the Fanatic SR, not only the Chaplain unit

Restrictions:

- Unit must purchase a Razorback. Chaplain may not leave the command squad.

10th Company Task Force

- 3-5 units of:

Scout Squad

Scout Bike

0-1 Telion

Benefits:

- Precisión shots during first turn

- If the unit has not the Stealth SR, they get it until the move, shoot, charge, etc.

Restrictions:

- Scout bikes must purchase the mines.

Storm Wing

- 1 Stormraven

- 2 Stormtalons

Benefits:

- Make only a reserve roll for the whole unit

- Stormraven gets the Strafin Run SR, if at least a Talon is alive.

Restrictions:

None

Centurión Siege Breaker Cohort

- 2-4 Assault Cent squads

- 1 Ironclad

Benefits:

- If they destroy a Transport, unit inside the 2D6 S6 AP4 hits, Ignore cover.

- Reroll to penétrate vs buildings

Restrictions:

None

Land Raider Spearhead

- 3 Raiders of any type.

Benefits:

- See previous posts

Restrictions:

None

Librarius Conclave

3-5 Librarians

Benefits:

- Pick one Librarian, This guy knows all the powers of any Lib of the formation at 12". Those Libs may not cast powers this turn. Picked Lib harness warp charges with 3+ if one Lib is at 12" or less. If 2 Libs at 12" or less, harnessing is with 2+.

Restrictions:

None

Armoure Task Force

- 1 Techmarine

- 0-3 TFC

- 3-5 Units of

Vindicators

Predators

Whirlwinds

- 0-1 Chronus

Benefits:

- Ignore crew shaken and stunned if at 6" of a Techmarine or a Techmarine gunner

- Thechmarine and Techmarine gunner get +1 to Ominissiah rolls (repair vehicles)

Suppression Force

- 1 Whirlwind unit

- 1 Landspeeder unit

Benefits:

- One landspeeder may pick an enemy unit at 12". Whirlwinds reroll to hit vs this unit. If the picked unit is out of range of the whirlwinds, the may fire ignoring it.

Restrictions:

None

Buff, that was a big one ....

Interesting that a lot of the little dataslates on in there.

I'm glad they all suck as much as ours do, too restrictive and if not very overkill (you will seldom need 3 anti-air units and the bonuses!)

Anything on the Gladius, Javelin etc?

Good that the Demi company is just ours with doctrine instead of red thirst.

I'm copying what I see on Warseer here.

As for the Formations, what concerns me is even though they are the same, now they have been rolled into the C:SM book I'm not sure if the stand along publications are legal for us to use.

[Q:] Is that true that any HQ on a bike unlocks bikers as troops with no additional restrictions?

[A:] Yes, if they are in the same detachment. It's written in the bike entry.

This would be so nice for us...

Fluffy too, 

OR, here's an idea, if our captain had a jump pack, he unlocked Assaults as troops ;)

You bring a good point with the formations, especially the Astartes Storm Wing!

I wonder what makes Games Workshop hand out BS5 to all Eldar aspect warriors for no limitations (they were always going to take at least three squads) whereas to get an extra shot on our overpriced elite units we need to take four of them, and a HQ and a flyer and a transport. MAXIMUM OVERKILL.

via 4chan

>New assault marines can take 2 special weapons (even melta) or two melee weapons for unit. The veteran sergent can take an eviscerator for 10 points.

>Assault marines have a rule that allow them to contest even against units with objective secured.

>Tactical marines have objective secured as a base rule.

>Devastators can take free heavy bolters and every other weapons is 5 points less. They can take Grav cannons for 10 points each.

>Signum now gives split fire and night vision.

>Anti-air missiles are now free with each missile launcher, even those on land speeder or terminators

>Missile launchers on Land speeder storms and drop pod now have pinning.

>All sergeants can take auspex now

>Centurions don't have twin-linked weapons anymore. They instead have two heavy bolters or two lascannons each. Grav is the same. They can shoot with all weapons.

>A lot of generic formations are for "Dark Angels, Adeptus Astartes, Blood Angels and Space Wolves faction".

Please apply salt..

None of this is compatible with the ASM page posted on the SM Codex rumours thread.  It's probably BS.

Jorre- every single rumour on that is debunked.  Defs some trolling there.  

Sadly, it doesnt look like we're getting anything beyond the command tanks :(  Hope GW has the good sense to FAQ the costs - since theyre smart changes.  

Archived