Wishful thinking? (New SM dex)

Morticon

Even if we do get FAQd up to speed... I'm ticked that now my VERY EXPENSIVE Sanguinary Guard edition Codex will have little sticky notes in it... and don't get me started on how ours was the only Special Edition Codex without cool little metal objective markers...

Thats why I refused to buy it. I have no idea why they half assed codex BA like that. I love limited editions for their minimalistic approach and themes. Ours was white for whatever reason and was lacking obj markers. All that for 100 quid.

Overall the new C:SM dex is looking good. I was hoping termies would get 2 heavy weapons per 5. At 30 points per model they might be worth it. I'm glad they didt go overboard with the power lvl and with the new veichle changes there are so many fun lists you can build. I think i'll stick with BA for another season though, furious charge all the way! Still curious what the points/rules are for the new assault marine box. Make chainswords rending!

I got to say I will be a little jealous of there new detachments if its true they dont need to buy full 10 man squads to get the benifits.

I love the rules for our detachments, but they are rarely useable except in niche lists below 2000 points.

Vanguards get melta bomb priced power weapons/lightning claws in the SM codex. Gogo Dual Lightning Claws at 2x Melta Bomb cost. SM Vanguards also get to re-roll assault move dice with their Heroic Intervention

Dread guns are cheaper, and Dreads are 1-3 a slot. They also get to benefit from Chapter Tactics now.

I wonder which way it'll go. There's some substantial differences now - will BA get a (large) FAQ ? Or will BA be the new DA circa 4th/5th ?

It's not looking good for BA currently. Dreads and (possibly) jump assault units, two mainstays of BA, are done better in the SM codex

Well, I don't really see anything that really breaks C:BA as far as I'm concerned.  The split fire on devastators and, Dreadnaught attack changes and cheaper terminators are the only things that would be nice.  The rest are just minor tweaks here and there, there aren't any huge points discrepancies.  All is well.  We may even get the Terminators, Dreadnought and Signum errata'ed.  It does happen.

I'm really a bit annoyed that we were the last codex released before the new wave... they tested the formation thing with our codex, but it was still not quite developed, and most of our formations are very expensive or have negligible benefits. The new style is amazing and much more interesting in my opinion, look like I'll be playing red marines for a bit :/

@appiah5  That's only true if you don't play with the Gladius. Those formations and the combat doctrines make a huge impact.

I can't see us getting an errata update for Dreds etc, we will just have to wait until we get our next codex, hopefully it won't be right before an edition change or some new fandangled thing that makes our book out dated within a month or two.

So, I'll be maining Codex:SM now. With unlocked pods, BA bring almost NOTHING to the table that Space Marines don't do better. As a slap in the face, their dreadnoughts and assault squads are superior to ours. Vanguard Vets with 5 point power weapons and fleet (that works even when joined by non-fleet ICs) is absolutely amazing for a jumper army. 

Aside from EXTREMELY niche things like quickening and Dante, we don't hold a candle to Space Marines. This is fine, except for the fact our dex is barely a few months old. You'd think if they were planning to re-release SM they'd do that and then follow it up with all the variant dexes like BA and DA.

Even though I will be maining C:SM I will not be buying the codex. GW's money-grubbing antics will be receiving no reward from me (but thanks for the upgrades).

I'm really a bit annoyed that we were the last codex released before the new wave... they tested the formation thing with our codex, but it was still not quite developed, and most of our formations are very expensive or have negligible benefits. The new style is amazing and much more interesting in my opinion, look like I'll be playing red marines for a bit :/

As far as I can tell our codex has exactly one formation (the battle company) which is pretty much unplayable in traditional point ranges (1000-2000). All the more useful formations are not in the codex but spread out across several other GW publications with limited availability.

Yeah, I love our BA but some of the benefits and units are just ours but better. Sure we can get old furious charge vets, but they get to actually get a charge off and really cheap weapons :/

Only need a small faq / digital Dex update to sort it!

Well, I don't really see anything that really breaks C:BA as far as I'm concerned.  The split fire on devastators and, Dreadnaught attack changes and cheaper terminators are the only things that would be nice.  The rest are just minor tweaks here and there, there aren't any huge points discrepancies.  All is well.  We may even get the Terminators, Dreadnought and Signum errata'ed.  It does happen.

The additions that would/should carry over to BA

Dreads - 4 Base Attacks, Gun options cheaper, can be taken 1-3 per slot.

Vanguard Vets - Melta Bomb costed power weapons, Heroic Intervention=Fleet

Terminators - 5 point drop per model

Scouts - WS4 & BS4 for same points cost

Vehicles - Can be taken 1-3 per slot, gain bonus with 3.

Devs - Can take Grav Cannons

Previously the strongest buld for me (ymmv) was a core of jump dc + grav bikers.

SM can in theory do that better now - Bike Captain still makes bikes troops and Vanguard Vets with double claws. White Scars to give everyhing hit&run.

Guys.. Like What does this mean for us.. Like I'm disheartened as a BA player that all of our specialties mean nothing to regular vanilla pretty boys. Will be get an FAQ for sure then? i mean the BS/WS for scouts ... if we dont get that then Im done with this game that's an unfair advantage plus all the squadrons of tanks and the new shiny rules and cents and stormtalons and specialty things that you'd think one of the oldest marine chapters would have access tooooo??? I'm just truly disheartened about this whole ordeal unles we get an FAQ... I'm switching to a different game. On an side note... did you see the crap they stuck in the new "battleforce" ? a dread a captain and 10 tacticals for $95USD... granted you get a free captain but... still the old box you got tacticals/DC/Rhino/ ASM. AND DID ANYONE SEE THE NEW ASM SQUAD? I COULD BUY THE TERMIE SET FOR $15 more! This is ridiculous. I'm sorry gentlement about the rant but I really am just so upset with this new release of regular marines. We are supposed to be a "special" codex. besides from all of us having FC and BSF woohoo... What advantage is there ? yes we have SG and DC and special dreads but now our specialty awesome sauce dreads are nothing compared to the vanilla boys... literally crying rn blush.png

One useful link for those who think GW is reasonable and most of the rumors are fake (it seems legit to me):

http://bloodofkittens.com/blog/2015/06/09/rumor-it-tired-reading-german-space-marine-rules/

PS. If this is disturbing anyone from the mods from the T&C's point of view, please feel free to delete this comment.

Well.. Red Marines for me it is, then.

One useful link for those who think GW is reasonable and most of the rumors are fake (it seems legit to me):

http://bloodofkittens.com/blog/2015/06/09/rumor-it-tired-reading-german-space-marine-rules/

PS. If this is disturbing anyone from the mods from the T&C's point of view, please feel free to delete this comment.

Well.. Red Marines for me it is, then.

Oh yeah, hail to new era of RED MARINES ...

Well... I'm upset also... If GW was a fair company trying to make a fair game (yeah a joke I know... :-(  ) the could do so easily for us(and not only): ENTER DATACARDS no errata or FAQ just add new things on datacards - add FURIOSO SQUAD that has everything like old one, just wapon prices and attacks updated and is 1-3 option for single elite slot. Add TANK SQUAD which is 1-3 and for 1HS slot, taken from our current tanks (all rules and additions apply as normal). Add veteran scout squad as new troops choice that has WS and BS of 4. Give Cherub datacard - as possible upgrade to devastator squad. And you are good to go. No much effort, just few pieces of printed cardboard... If GW was a fair company that is (heck they could even earn on it - price it few bucks and I could even buy it).

(Black) and RED MARINES for me, Consisting of possibly the Gladius and then some allied BA.... Something, DC? Priest? Meltacide and our superior Dreads?

Genuinely feel cheated until they FAQ this, it's mostly ridiculous. I don't think you can even argue we'd become Marines +1 because we get about 4-5 extra units/ Options and don't have access to everything (Like TFC.... :( which we should ) and we can only take our own special characters etc.

Archived