Dark Angels rumors. update: Codex leaks, pg 28

My brain war-eth with my wallet!

My brain just won, I just visited my local store and pre-pre-ordered the LE version. For everything else, there's Mastercard.

How did you order the limited edition at your store? I thought this was an online GW purchase only.

My brain war-eth with my wallet!

My brain just won, I just visited my local store and pre-pre-ordered the LE version. For everything else, there's Mastercard.
I wish I could do that, my only supplier is a gw brick n mortar store

A post over at Warseer mentions something we haven't seen before: information on the Primaris power for our discipline.

"The first power is a curse that affects all enemy units within 9" of the psyker. Affected units have to roll 3d6 on morale, fear and pinning tests"

This is the definition of an unreliable source and hasn't been corroborated anywhere else, but this is a rumour thread, so there you go.

I like the idea of a power like this and I'd love it if our psychic discipline was focused on morale and psychological warfare, but this power is sooo underpowered it isn't funny. It might be okay if it forced fear or pinning tests, but merely requiring 3D6 on a test, then needing to force the test through other means... barely worth mentioning compared to other Primaris powers like Prescience or Quickening.

Given how small a role morale plays in the game as is, any powers focused on getting an advantage through morale based mechanics would have to be pretty powerful...

A post over at Warseer mentions something we haven't seen before: information on the Primaris power for our discipline.

"The first power is a curse that affects all enemy units within 9" of the psyker. Affected units have to roll 3d6 on morale, fear and pinning tests"

This is the definition of an unreliable source and hasn't been corroborated anywhere else, but this is a rumour thread, so there you go.

I like the idea of a power like this and I'd love it if our psychic discipline was focused on morale and psychological warfare, but this power is sooo underpowered it isn't funny. It might be okay if it forced fear or pinning tests, but merely requiring 3D6 on a test, then needing to force the test through other means... barely worth mentioning compared to other Primaris powers like Prescience or Quickening.

Given how small a role morale plays in the game as is, any powers focused on getting an advantage through morale based mechanics would have to be pretty powerful...

dat synergy with the relic bearer tho

You could absolutely neuter an ork war boss

dat synergy with the relic bearer tho

You could absolutely neuter an ork war boss

Sure, but DWK's hardly have a problem mulching Ork warbosses as is. Orks are about the only faction where DWKs shine and Smite mode causes carnage to orks (incl. their toughest units) whether you're hitting on a 3+ or a 4+.

I'm all for synergy based gameplay, it certainly suits the DA 'combined arms' approach to warfare. But GW tried to make it work in our last dext (RW with teleport homers etc.) but the problem with that approach is that it drives up the cost of lists because you end up needing multiple units/upgrades/powers to get everything to work the way it's intended. Can't we just have some good stuff that works on its own without being overcosted?

I'm sure if this rumour is true the primaris will synergise with the other powers in the tree.

It would make a good Alpha strike power. Drop in a Libby in a pod with some back up. Cast the power. Kill a couple of models out of each squad with your shooting phase and watch them run off the board. Even if they don't run off, anyone except for Space Marines would have to regroup with 3D6 also. This is a big plus.

Ugh, I'm so frustrated.  I finally convinced myself a few months ago that it would be a long time until the dark angels got a new codex (love the angels, but i couldn't stand every match being an uphill battle), and sold off my dark angels to fund the grey knights army I wanted.  Then, right when i'm halfway through assembling the grey knights, I find out there's going to be a new codex.  #thestruggle

3d6 pinning would be amazing. If 7th didn't systematically remove pinning from the most common weapons that caused it that is.

EDIT:

Then again if the Nephilim keeps strafing run and gets a well deserved buff, that's a good source of pinning!

EDIT 2:

Nevermind they removed pinning from strafing run as well >.>

3d6 pinning would be amazing. If 7th didn't systematically remove pinning from the most common weapons that caused it that is.

EDIT:

Then again if the Nephilim keeps strafing run and gets a well deserved buff, that's a good source of pinning!

EDIT 2:

deredeo has pinning on his missle launcher

Whirlwinds get pinning in a squadron of three when firing anything at anything.

Great, so we have to use an expensive FW dreadnought or fire large pie plate barrage weapons at targets that are within 9" or our Librarian to make use of this power.

EDIT:

EDIT 2:

It's still a pretty limited amount of pinning compared to being able to use snipers, the aircraft, or a single whirlwind under 6th edition rules :S.

This looks like a job for......Ulfgrim! =P

Can't help you there, mate... already ordered mine. :p

(Actually, all that kept me from getting the LE is that my local store can't order it for me - and I'd rather spend $56 (after discount) for a Codex and datacards on release day over $160 for a limited codex that, beautiful as it is, will be obsolete in 2-3 years.  They're really stunning if you can justify the expense, but I fear they don't hold much collectible value.

If the malediction is actually the primaris, it might be good for people who fish for invisibility. Terrify and Hallucinate both have effects that can be enhanced by them (hallucinate's pinning is random though).

Emperor, Lion and Rock, what the censored.gif is that green colour on the limited edition box!? I really hope the colour balance is off in that photo. censored.gif!

A pure 3D6 check is absolutely amazing. It makes DA a massive alpha strike threat, even to Marines, since they are not immune to running away. T1 you can literally force half the enemy army to run off the board. Combine it with that power from Telepathy, that gives the enemy -1Ld and forces him to make a check. You can also use morale shenanigans force enemies out of position. Who cares if they regroup, they are most likely not holding that objective anymore.

But hey, only if it is true. It seems a bit too strong as far as regular morale shenanigans go. It will probably roll 3D6 and discard the lowest.

Archived